Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Private Key  (Read 1883 times)
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:34:03 AM

this is bad, you should be careful. some people insert a link to access your wallet. but you give it away easily.
immediately move your coin to new wallet then save your private key safely.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:36:15 AM

I did a similar copy-paste mistake some time ago and immediately after that, created
a new MEW wallet and transferred everything to it. Once a private key is exposed to outside
world, your wallet is no longer safe.
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:55:27 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
As far as I know it is not possible to replace the private key. The only way, if you do not want to lose all the coin that you have, you need create a new wallet and sent all to it.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:17:11 AM

Your wallet is already compromised, I guess that by the time you have read all post in this thread, your wallet would be empty. Next time though if you are using a pc, make a txt doc and put all infos there that you think would be required by the form you are filling up to avoid this from happening again.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:24:07 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..

Is there no way to change my Private Keys? I tried exploring MEW but couldn't find that option.
You can't change your private key unless you make a whole new account. Just transfer your fund (if there are) from your old MEW address to your newly-made MEW account. And this time, be careful not to expose your private key again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
sharkvn

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:33:58 AM

The private key is unique and you can not change it. Because it is a security key, if it can be changed, security will no longer exist. If you lose your private key then transfer the coin on that account to another wallet immediately and create yourself another account. Be sure to keep the private key carefully.
thelastman

Activity: 255

thelastman

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:44:54 AM

if you really know what is private key, you wantn't send it to anyone! because  private key mean you can control everything of your wallet address! you will probally lose all your coin!  so, check you balance right now, if there is still hold your coin! send it  all   to  another address and never lost your private key of another address! if your private key mean wallet password,it is ok for now!bro, you should learn something base knowledge of bitcoin!

do just like you already have
hgmarral

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:41:06 AM

Transfer everything to a new wallet otherwise those funds are as good as gone. Once you lose your private key that's it basically, you must take care in protecting your keys.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:46:25 AM

You may actually ask the dev or manager to change it but it would be very risky already to use that MEW wallet address when you have made your private key public. You should leave and abandon that wallet for good. Withdraw all your coins there because people are probably watching it for the time that it will have coins. They will withdraw them ahead of you.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:47:55 AM

I need to sent all token from this wallet to other wallet you hold Private key! No boday can help Change Private Key, only change address and hold new private key!
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:16:05 AM

That is hard. Because the Google form is public and sure many people will see your private key and they will definitely trick the altcoins of your wallet. So that's the one thing I keep in mind because it's definitely going to be lose to all of my balance in my mew wallet
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 06:17:44 AM

You told me that you sent your private key in public google spreadsheet for any bounty join but it is a very miscast for you . It is very sorrow for your commonsense but you can't change your wallet address and can't change your private key if you create a new Mew address than solve your all problem. when you create new account then your transfer your all money or you can use your coinbase account for your safety.  
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:34:53 AM

You can't change your private key. For airdrops the best way is use a new empty addresses.
acetouryahey

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:37:10 AM

i think you cant have another private key in your mew address, the best thing to do is to make another account and transfer all your altcoins there.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:50:46 AM

There is already a warning when filling out a form to not send a wallet key, Do not be in a hurry when filling out the form should be more thorough so that the key of our wallet is safe
Should make a new wallet, and if you have a coin immediately move to the latest wallet

Yeah. I actually copy-pasted the Private Key in my notepad instead of the address.
I also experienced it and was lucky the new wallet and did not have a coin ..

Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:55:40 AM

Your private key has been exposed. Never use it. No, the wallet was stolen at any time. Quickly turn out all the token in your wallet. Otherwise, you will regret it.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:15:51 AM

What you can do is just send the money out from your myetherwallet that is already compromised to a new myetherwallet with a brand new seed. There is no way to change the private key, since it is simply a unique identifier.

Just get a new wallet, and you're fine(if nobody was quick enough to realise your mistake).

Next time, be more careful.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:44:29 AM

If your tokens are still there, move them immediately to a new MEW and never use the exposed private key wallet ever again. 
janjims007

Activity: 181

Jan

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:58:46 AM

Transfer all token to new address.Your wallet is no longer safe.Good luck and carefully next time.

Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:34:41 AM

As far as I know, it's impossible to change the private key in a digital wallet. In this case, you need to generate one more purse and move the entire asset into coins. So it will be much easier. In general, you need to be very careful about using private keys. The security of your crypto currency depends on this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: