Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:41:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Private Key  (Read 1883 times)
paramex

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:17:34 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
As far as I know it is not possible to replace the private key. The only way, if you do not want to lose all the coin that you have, you need create a new wallet and sent all to it.
agree.if you can not change it. Because it is a security key, if it can be changed, security will no longer exist. If you lose your private key, immediately transfer the coin to that account to another wallet and create your own account. So my advice you should be careful about protecting your key.

Good Bo

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:22:28 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..
This is good suggestion. As we know that we could not change the private key on our etherium wallet so transfer all asset you have on that etherium wallet to new one is the best idea. If not then you must be ready if you will loss all of your asset in that wallet. Please do it soon before very late.
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:39:30 AM

private keys is unchanged
so, if others people already know your private keys, you should make another wallet,,
and do not send or tell your private keys to the others, keep it in the safest place on your home
regards
glorybtc

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:55:43 AM

it will not be able to replace the private key, immediately create a new myetherwallet and move all the tokens you have before anyone breaks into your wallet and steal your tokens
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:03:20 AM

I think you can send the token directly to another address, so you have changed the private key.
It is impossible to change the private key directly.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
blokceyin

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Sound/Foley FX Design Service For Your ICO Videos

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

There is already a warning when filling out a form to not send a wallet key, Do not be in a hurry when filling out the form should be more thorough so that the key of our wallet is safe
Should make a new wallet, and if you have a coin immediately move to the latest wallet

Yeah. I actually copy-pasted the Private Key in my notepad instead of the address.

You should always store your keys and wallet addresses in different places man. I think you learned that in a hard way. Hope you didn't lose your coins.

Sound/Foley FX Design Service For Your ICO Promo Videos
simak84

Activity: 616
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:30:38 PM

Of course, it's better to start a new purse in such a situation and transfer all your assets there. In general, it's good that you reacted quickly.
I have already seen in tables of different bounty companies that many beginners mistakenly type their private key there instead of the address of their purse.
I feel sorry for them when they can not understand where their money is.
Sincerely yours.
Anicasalar

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:35:42 PM

I didn't know there was such a function. It seems to me that this is too complicated and useless process and it is better not to use it
Temibest2

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:37:38 PM

My advice is that if you have any valuable tokens in that wallet, just create another wallet and transfer all your tokens to the newly created wallet because there is no way one can change a passkey.
salfogox

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:49:47 PM

I do not think this is possible. because mew does not want any information from you. If I lose my wallet information completely, what happens to the money in my account? this is an important question too.
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:53:05 PM

I've experienced something similar. at that time I tried to contact the team from MEW, they said changing the private key could not be done.
you should create a new MEW account and move all your assets,
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:34:38 PM

Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..

Is there no way to change my Private Keys? I tried exploring MEW but couldn't find that option.
Create a new wallet with a new private key that is the safest. It is not known if anyone has seen this file. I would not risk it.
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:36:38 PM

If you have sent your private key somewhere, it's best to get a new wallet and transfer all your tokens there. It should be done as quickly as possible.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:57:01 AM

It seems to me that it is impossible to change the private key and it is given only once. If it could be changed the number of hacks would be more
SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:03:42 AM

It seems to me that it is impossible to change the private key and it is given only once. If it could be changed the number of hacks would be more
private key is cannot be change because that is absolute, if you have a valuable coin in your wallet, so my advice is that you better make a new wallet and immediately send it all before it's too late.

MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:19:12 AM

If you do that, your tokens are already at stake, so what you should immediately is to Create another MEW address and send all your Tokens to that address, after that contact the airdrop campaign manager, then the manager will tell you if it will be changed or not.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:23:39 AM

All Private Keys of all blockchain is unique and cannot change. You must create a new wallet then move all your assets to new wallet. To prevent this happen again, don't store your public key and private key in a same doc. Put your private key in a separate doc with password protection.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:44:29 AM

Is it really possible to change private keys?  I doubt that. Private keys can never be changed, or retrieved. This is why one is always advised to always keep their private keys in a safe place and somewhere they can easily access it. If you ever get to share your keys instead of your wallet address, it is only safe and wise that you create a new wallet and transfer whatever you have in your previous wallet to the new one.
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:51:07 AM

There is no way of changing a private key in MEW, not even possible in any other. If you have sent the private key already, it's better you create a new address urgently and send all of your funds from the previous one to the new one. Otherwise, you will definitely lose all of your money.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
kyra0018

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:23:30 AM

There are lot of reasons why you need to change your private key maybe because you accidentally sent it to anyone or you saved it to public computers which it can easily hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: