Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 10:19:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Private Key  (Read 1914 times)
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:03:31 AM

You can't change your private key and this is the reason it is always advisable to keep it in safe and secure place. I think the only solution you have now is to transfer all your coins out of that wallet if you still have access to it.
vorfolomej96

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:06:50 AM

The private key needs to be stored in several places that not to lose it. I write on paper and I keep on the USB stick. It is possible in Google tables too to store

mdzahed134

Activity: 2170
Merit: 259

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:12:29 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!
I think it's can't be replaced. Quickly transfer your all coins in another wallet because you already submitted in public place so i think this is not safe and don' use this wallet next time. Airdrop sheet always public access. You can contact him who is owner of this google docs from.      

▄███████████████████████▄
████████████░████████████
███████████▀▄████████████
█████████▀▀▄██▀▀█████████
█████████▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀████████
██▄▄▄▄▀▀██▌▐█▌▐██▄▄▀▀▀▀██
████████▄▀▀▄▄▄░██████████
█████████▄▄██▀▄██████████
████████████▀▄███████████
███████████▌░▐███████████
▀███████████████████████▀

PredX
●  Politics
●  Crypto
●  Sports
●  Stocks
●  AI
●  Others
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████

Play Now
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:30:11 AM

In my simple opinion, create a new wallet and transfer all your coins to it if you can still access he old address. Learn how to keep your private key because it is not possible to change and losing it can make you lose your coins.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:21:48 AM

I accidentally sent my MEW private key instead of wallet address to this Google Docs Airdrop. Is it possible to replace that private key? Thanks a lot!

Well, i hope that the wallet owner was able to request the bounty manager to replace his private keys by replacing new wallet address as there is no way that the private keys will be replace that if someone notice it then absolutely stealing will take effect immediately at the time their private keys was exposed in the spreadsheet. If ever this will happen to anyone you should abandon your account immediately and transfer you available token to your new wallet and avoid doing the same mistake.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1048

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

Is it a public google docs? if yes i think your coins from your MEW are not safe if ever you are holding your ethereum there better to transfer to a new ethereum wallet all of your coins just to be safe..

And i think you can replace or change it if you can see option to edit you can replace it check the docs in file option if there is edit option..
But is suggest to not use the private key or ethereum wallet before because its not really safe..

Is there no way to change my Private Keys? I tried exploring MEW but couldn't find that option.

I don't think there is an option you are warned after you created your wallet that you will lose all your coins if you lose your private key, you are not registering to a site when you created your wallet, where you can ask for lost password or change your vital info everything is as it is.
teosanru

Activity: 2114
Merit: 618

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:32:14 AM

No, but you can make a new wallet and transfer all of your coins to the new address.
That is the only remedy. Nothing else can be done now, and given the amount of people on this forum, your coins would have been lost by now.
Tough luck.
bonji77

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 10:35:20 AM

No, but you can make a new wallet and transfer all of your coins to the new address.
That is the only remedy. Nothing else can be done now, and given the amount of people on this forum, your coins would have been lost by now.
Tough luck.
I really agree the best way you have to do now is to create a new MEW and move all your tokens to the new MEW, hopefully you can solve your problem Wink

KAMAGAMES
TelegramTwitterFacebook ●●●●●●BUY KAMAGAMES TOKENS●●●●●● Linked-InRedditMedium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀Join the growing community of players from around the world ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
AbNewton

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:36:50 AM

Well, did you send your MEW address too? Since even if you leak your private key, it's still a string that need a address.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

i think its impossible that you can change your private key especially you're using myethwallet. next tym be careful with your pk and for more safety it will be good if you add metamask on your mew to gain more secured or use jason file to avoid accidentally sending pk
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:40:52 AM

I had the same problem and my wallet was hacked ! You just don't have to keep them around ! This is a banal and very stupid mistake !

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
stevanGR

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:43:18 AM

NO, you should make a new wallet then change to it. dont use ur old wallet
btw, there is any mistake on your signature, please check it

bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

i think you cant change your current private key at all, i also got hacked recently and trying to save my eth address by changing the private key, instead of create a new eth address. but after searching it for long time, the hacker keep bring out my token and eth, so i prefer to create a new one as soon as possible and move the remaining assets to the new wallet address. next time you should to be more careful with your private key, its better to use 3rd apps to send eth, like metamask, don't use your private key too often
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:54:04 AM

No, that is impossible, it was a big fail!
It is better to use .json file which can be encrypted by password. But private key is the password to your wallet and this cant be changed, sorry Sad.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Kelvinovie2

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:01:36 AM

Best advice send all tokens out, cus your wallet has been compromised, so if there is any valuable in the wallet then pls do the needful.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1214

Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:07:28 AM

If one can change the private key there will be no lost funds because holders can just changed their private key from time to time but no there is no option for this it's all for himself so before you think of doing anything think twice or make sure you are doing things right, or risk losing everything.

..cryptomus..   

lllllllllllllllllll CRYPTO
PAYMENT GATEWAY
▄█▀▀██▄░░░▄█████▄░░░▄▀████▄
██░▀▄██░░░██▄░▄██░░░██▄▀▀▀█
██░▀▄██░░░███▄███░░░███░░▄█
▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▄██░░░██▀░▀██░░░██▀▀▀▀█
██▀▄███░░░██░░░██░░░█▄███░█
▀█▄▄▄█▀░░░▀██▄██▀░░░▀█▄▄▄█▀

▄█████▄░░░▄█▀▀██▄░░░▄█████▄
█▀░█░▀█░░░█░▀░▀▀█░░░██▄░▄██
█▄█▄█▄█░░░███░▀▄█░░░███▄███
▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀
ACCEPT
CRYPTO
PAYMENTS
..GET STARTED..
Kool5

Activity: 266

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:07:36 AM

You need to create one more purse and transfer all your savings from it to the old wallet. And the addresses in the company's bounty that are from the old wallet simply need to be replaced with new ones. If this is not possible, then closely monitor the receipt of the tokens on your old wallet and send them to a new one. Do not make such stupid mistakes anymore.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: