Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:47:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New .Net Miner (now with GPU and long poll!)  (Read 8347 times)
wasabi (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:03:10 AM

Nice project, but i cant compile it (using VS2010) Something about the platform. Do you have any special SDKs linked?

Mind giving me the exact message? My guess is you aren't on 64 bit Windows. Which is required. I didn't bother to write a 32 bit version of the SSE crud.

I should probably fix this and just leave SSE disabled.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 06:58:04 AM

Oh nevermind. it was late last night i tried to compile - i havent had the Platform SDK installed. Everything is working now. Looks great :0)
entens

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:16:13 PM

No. It uses Linq in a few places. 4.0 only.
Will it work with NET 2.0 libraries?

Actually it should be possible to backport to NET 3.5 and into Visual Studio 2008 as the only NET 4.0 dependency ('System.Componentmodel') could be either replaced with MEF or worked around. I'll take a better look at the scope of changes later tonight.
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:15:59 PM

System.ComponentModel.Composition is MEF.
entens

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 06:03:21 PM

System.ComponentModel.Composition is MEF.

Exactly. Unless you steal the assembly out of the GAC, it is easier to resort to MEF rc3 for backporting.
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:20:52 PM

I guess I find myself not too interested in pulling this off, or polluting the code enough to accomplish it. Either way, you are going to be installing this software on other machines. Can either bundle .Net 4 with it, or do something like AOT it with Mono.

I'd be more interested in making it compatible with Mono.
entens

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

I guess I find myself not too interested in pulling this off, or polluting the code enough to accomplish it. Either way, you are going to be installing this software on other machines. Can either bundle .Net 4 with it, or do something like AOT it with Mono.

I'd be more interested in making it compatible with Mono.

After looking at the code last night that was my general feeling also. Getting it to compile under Mono would be more groundbreaking than backporting to NET 3.5.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:56:46 PM

ok.. late night question again: How to set what minerplugin to use - so wether it is GPU or CPU? I dont find the point where it does that..
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:37:09 AM

You don't really yet. It loads and attempts to run every plugin it finds. If the .Gpu assembly is in the same folder as the .exe, it's tested, and runs.

If the .Sse assembly is there, it's tested and runs. Same with .Managed.

Step #1 for me was getting an actual working miner. Next steps are making the thing configurable, usable, etc. I had previously decorated the code with Console.WRiteLIne's for each plugin, so you could see what the hell was going on, but kind of removed them all.
1bitc0inplz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:24:56 AM

@wasabi

I see you said you used Cloo. How did you like that? I had looked at it previously for another project, and I was curious what your impressions were.

Keep up the good work, this is an interesting project for sure!

Mine @ http://pool.bitp.it - No fees, virtually 0 stales, what's not to love!
Chat with us @ #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net
Learn more about our pool @ http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.0
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:38:43 AM

It's decent. It's a proper wrapping of OpenCL. There's a small annoyance with a memory leak of ComputeEvent's being generated even though you pass null as a event list for most calls. That's easy enough to solve by passing a list to put them in and disposing of them immediately though. The only thing really wrongn with it is a complete lack of documentation as far as I can see. That's fine though, since it's nothing but a loose wrapper over OpenCL itself.
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:04:21 PM

Okay. I now support multiple pools. The format of the .config file has changed.

<bitmaker.miner>
        <pools>
            <add
                url="http://user:pass@host:8332/" />
            <add
            <add
        </pools>
    </bitmaker.miner>

Each time a thread desires work, it starts at the top and works it's way down. So, the pool at the top, if it's working, is currently always used. If it fails, the next one is tried. Work gets submitted back to the correct pool.

Thinking of implementing some sort of priority classing and load balancing to that. Maybe poolGroup or something.
Zagitta

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 04:40:55 AM

What speed are you seeing on the completly managed SHA256 hasher you've made compared to the one built into the .net libary?

wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 05:58:06 PM

What speed are you seeing on the completly managed SHA256 hasher you've made compared to the one built into the .net libary?

Don't know. Never tried the .Net one. I assume much faster. The .Net one's interface requires you to submit a byte[] of the data, which it no doubt has to split up internally into 64 byte blocks, and add the padding to. Additionally, when output, it probably reverses the endian. And thus it has to reverse it again when doing the second hash. And the second hash no doubt has to be copied, and padded, too. Also, I suspect that it probably uses CryptoAPI, so results in a P/Invoke.
Economics

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 07:55:21 PM

I can't get the miner to log into deepbit.  It keeps giving me an authentication error.

Is anyone else having this problem?

--E
Zagitta

Activity: 302

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 07:58:24 PM

Don't know. Never tried the .Net one. I assume much faster. The .Net one's interface requires you to submit a byte[] of the data, which it no doubt has to split up internally into 64 byte blocks, and add the padding to. Additionally, when output, it probably reverses the endian. And thus it has to reverse it again when doing the second hash. And the second hash no doubt has to be copied, and padded, too. Also, I suspect that it probably uses CryptoAPI, so results in a P/Invoke.

You're probably right about the first part however i only think the non managed version in the .net framework uses P/Invoke, i mean why else would they also have a managed version?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.sha256managed.aspx vs  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.sha256cryptoserviceprovider.aspx

wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:15:30 PM

I've never even noticed this! Assumed you were talking about the SHA256 one. I'm still going to assume it's faster for all the same reasons minus the P/Invoke.
Furyan

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:28:58 AM

Ok, this is very cool.  I was looking for someone who had done this. If you need help with this, give me a hollar.  There is a reason I may be an ideal coding partner on this, which I will share over PM if you're interested.

You beat me to it.  I was still on the OpenCL .NET wrapper step.  That said, I've only been looking into Bitcoin for 9 days Smiley

Next step:  .NET pushpool.

That may be my next "side" project...
wasabi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:27:48 PM

Ok, this is very cool.  I was looking for someone who had done this. If you need help with this, give me a hollar.  There is a reason I may be an ideal coding partner on this, which I will share over PM if you're interested.

You beat me to it.  I was still on the OpenCL .NET wrapper step.  That said, I've only been looking into Bitcoin for 9 days Smiley

Next step:  .NET pushpool.

That may be my next "side" project...

Well there's work to be done on it, so just do it. Wink
XIU

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 03:15:49 PM

I've never even noticed this! Assumed you were talking about the SHA256 one. I'm still going to assume it's faster for all the same reasons minus the P/Invoke.

Don't forget that on WinXP (yeah lol) only the Managed one is supported. We use the following code in our systems:

var sha256provider = Environment.OSVersion.Version.Major >= 6 ? new SHA256CryptoServiceProvider() : SHA256.Create();
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: