Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICO being ban in many Countries?  (Read 585 times)
3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:20:01 PM

I don't know why ICO system ban in
Our country (Bangladesh)  And I know
there are a few countries doing ban ICO.
But why? is ICO illegal someway?
Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
Some scammers make use of ICO to cheat people for money , and run away . Maybe the government want to protect people from scam , so they ban icos.

RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:22:25 PM

It is normal that the current ICO market does not have a very good regulation to regulate, so it looks more like a bubble and does need regulation.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
yrsat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:31:19 PM

Why are countries so afraid of bitcoin?  In my opinion, the leaders of the country do not know how to control this process to take taxes from it. That's why they are banned.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:31:50 PM

It is normal that the current ICO market does not have a very good regulation to regulate, so it looks more like a bubble and does need regulation.

You are right, ICO seems to be too easy to raise a lot of money and it is a high risk investment, if the project failed, it may cause some panic investors that is not good for government regulation.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
ycoin123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:33:12 PM

I don't know why ICO system ban in
Our country (Bangladesh)  And I know
there are a few countries doing ban ICO.
But why? is ICO illegal someway?
Please kindly answer me.
Thanks
There is no one giving answer or taking stand for Us. Angry
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:48:46 PM

Because it is being mistakenly used to scam a lot of newbie investors,thats why countries are being protective to their assets which is the people.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
cL0uD

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:52:28 PM

To my mind this is due to number of scams based on ICOs.
People are now using ifos to scam tho, so not sure if it's worth banning.
rain3798

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:57:59 PM

I don't know also, it made me curious if this ICO was a legit one or not. My friends tell me that this is not illegal but not also legal and then I found a site that lead me to the conclusion why they ban ICO which is maybe because It can cause bunkruptcy I think.

armakarisma

Activity: 462

Germany’s First STO

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

I think this is not only happening in my country (Indonesia) but also in many countries. in my opinion, this is more the way the government protects investors and money laundering practices. but with the KYC is a little help. hopefully there is a breakthrough for ICO legalized

grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:03:15 PM

Because there are just to many option for ico founders to scam their investors and run away with the money without any risk for them.There just arent any legal boundaries for ico founders to follow as in most cases ico goes international and the laws aint the same in all of the countries
karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:05:38 PM

these are attempts to protect their own economy and business. perhaps it's even good for small countries. In addition, it often deceives its investors.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:10:52 PM

I think because your state does not have accurate circulating ICO. They can not manage it. easily lead to inflation and money laundering. But I think the sting is that the state can not charge the ICO to contribute to the state treasury
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:12:22 PM

A simple explain to this will be . They want to protect investors from getting scammed . ICO gained a very bad name to it , How many millions lost to a fake ico !! . This money lost is money going out from a country , Which they will never see again . This might be the simplest dumbest way to explain this Cheesy
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:18:49 PM

A simple explain to this will be . They want to protect investors from getting scammed . ICO gained a very bad name to it , How many millions lost to a fake ico !! . This money lost is money going out from a country , Which they will never see again . This might be the simplest dumbest way to explain this Cheesy
Yes, ICO is a very high risk investment and many greedy dev teams are trying to raise a lot of money, I think the government should regulate this market, but they should not ban them.
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:25:09 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 06:01:29 AM by magpie_lover

Because the governments can't regulare ICO's, they feel it's one way for people to launder their money & evade taxes. The Govts survive on taxes.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:27:48 PM

Because it is being used to scam people,ICOs are just causing people to lose their money instantly thats why the government is protecting their citizen.

bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:31:55 PM

ICO ban or regulation main reason are uncontrolled growth and fear of collapse from those initial coin offering that would end up failing all people who invested in that project. Serious note, I don't have the definite reason behind it, but I think they want to regulate and also collect tax from investments being made and transactions using ico. Some ICO turned out to be a scam and ponzi.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:36:33 PM

Maybe because majority of previous ICO collapse after being introduce in tha market and government needs to protect their country especially their people in incurring losses from these ICO investment also one reason is that some countries only support bitcoin or are preparing to have their own coin t that will be introduce and use in their market.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:42:25 PM

One the reason is decentralization because govt. don't have control over organization when organization operating on token which creates by organization itself. Here govt. think about revenue which come from taxes or other duties. but after ICO revenue get decrease thats why some counties does not supports ICOs.

Felics

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:45:45 PM

ICOs are being misued by certain individuals but there are a legitimate way for many honest businesses. Which is the latest ban?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: