Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Asic For Scrypt Fund  (Read 730 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:29:33 PM

IT seems there are people trying to make ASICs for scrypt.

I came across an interesting question in one of these threads, and I can provide the answer.

what if we DONT want an ASIC for scrypt?

In answer to this important question I will be starting the NAFSF.

Any donations to this fund will be spent on things OTHER THAN CREATING AN ASIC FOR SCRYPT.

Here is the fund address: LgoFdmpnFF9PBjtxqYckwJiS34kPf1R2TT

By donating to the No ASIC For Scrypt Fund you can have that warm fuzzy feeling of having taken a specific action which will not ever lead to the creation of Scrypt ASIC.

We won't even send you a T-Shirt or a hat that would give you away to other scrypt crypto-currency users who may want to see these ASICs developed.

Remember folks, operators are standing by! Our Wallet Is Open TWENTY FOUR SEVEN to allow you to show your support whenever you feel the need.

Again, that funding address is: LgoFdmpnFF9PBjtxqYckwJiS34kPf1R2TT

Stand Up And Be Counted!
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:32:04 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 06:53:02 PM by krasnyoktyabr

I hope, for your sake, that there are people stupid concerned enough to send money to you for not creating and ASIC Smiley
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:39:57 PM

I hope, for your sake, that there are people stupid concernedenough to send money to you for not creating and ASIC Smiley

Me Too!

As a bonus for our early adopters, today and today only we're adding the "No FPGA For Scrypt" bonus package so that after you donate, we will work just as hard to not develp an FPGA as we are currently working on not developing the Scrypt ASIC.

This is Two, Two, Two Deals In ONE!

Don't Be Left Out!
krusin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

I almost want to donate because of your clever post...almost. If I was a betting man, I would guess someone does send you funds though.  Shocked
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:06:39 PM

IT seems there are people trying to make ASICs for scrypt.

I came across an interesting question in one of these threads, and I can provide the answer.

what if we DONT want an ASIC for scrypt?

In answer to this important question I will be starting the NAFSF.

Any donations to this fund will be spent on things OTHER THAN CREATING AN ASIC FOR SCRYPT.

Here is the fund address: LgoFdmpnFF9PBjtxqYckwJiS34kPf1R2TT

By donating to the No ASIC For Scrypt Fund you can have that warm fuzzy feeling of having taken a specific action which will not ever lead to the creation of Scrypt ASIC.

We won't even send you a T-Shirt or a hat that would give you away to other scrypt crypto-currency users who may want to see these ASICs developed.

Remember folks, operators are standing by! Our Wallet Is Open TWENTY FOUR SEVEN to allow you to show your support whenever you feel the need.

Again, that funding address is: LgoFdmpnFF9PBjtxqYckwJiS34kPf1R2TT

Stand Up And Be Counted!

Why not spend it on designing an ASIC proof algorithm? Get some really smart people together in a forum, hash out something and set up bounties.

Netcoin has a good idea for example.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

I'm sending a BTC to support this case which is very much needed IMHO.
Please use it in such a way that minimises any possible way that these fund come into the hands of Scrypt Asic proponents.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:24:16 PM

... Get some really smart people together in a forum, hash out something ....

If this was as easy as you make it sound I would have my choice of home planets right now.

Shocked

We can't stop all of the people who might be hiding in their garage soldering old electronics together into Scrypt ASICs.

We can, however, ensure that none of the money WE receive it put to such a terrible use.

If you missed our earlier broadcast, that donation address again is: LgoFdmpnFF9PBjtxqYckwJiS34kPf1R2TT

We'll keep it up on the screen during these next few comments so that you have plenty of time to fire up your wallet.

EDIT: I also feel obliged to point out that you can in fact create an ASIC for any algorithm that a normal computer can process. There is no ASIC-proof algorithm and ASIC-resistant only means that you have done something that will cause hardware production to be cost-prohibitive beyond it's likely value.
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:28:44 PM

The people creating ASIC Scrypt miners don't seem to be firing on all cylinders, so I'd contribute to this cause if the funding went toward sending them a shiny object to keep them distracted.
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

The people creating ASIC Scrypt miners don't seem to be firing on all cylinders, so I'd contribute to this cause if the funding went toward sending them a shiny object to keep them distracted.

We could try and lure them off with vaginacoins but I think those are scrypt, too.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:48:11 PM

See great potential in this. Bright future ahead. Pumping this fund with donations as hard as I can. And I've just got off the line from the President, the bat signal for Fontas has been set and we are awaiting one of his magnificent fund pumps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: