Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Panic selling vs Panic buying  (Read 1682 times)
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

Hey there!
A question of panic selling was already discussed on this forum a billion times. But whats bad here? If you are sure that the price will grow back then you can just buy some BTC in better rates. The more dangerous will be the situation when someone is buying BTC while being afraid of loosing some profits despite the fact that pump has already happened (I'm calling it a panic buying). Thats seems like a straight way to lose money and make a bubble.
I am not an expert in trading and I don't even try it with exchanges because most of the time I am into long term investments. For me panic selling and panic buying are most likely to happen to newbies and Altcoin traders. It had happened with me before when I was new to cryptocurrency I decided to sell all my Altcoins because I was afraid price would continously go down but I am not affected with my loss since I only have small amount of Altcoins. Those experiences serves as a lesson learned to me though a good try also in investing in Altcoins. In terms of Bitcoin investments, panic selling and panic buying are not likely to happen.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:10:44 AM

Hey there!
A question of panic selling was already discussed on this forum a billion times. But whats bad here? If you are sure that the price will grow back then you can just buy some BTC in better rates. The more dangerous will be the situation when someone is buying BTC while being afraid of loosing some profits despite the fact that pump has already happened (I'm calling it a panic buying). Thats seems like a straight way to lose money and make a bubble.

Actually it's the other way around. Bitcoin panic buying will still make you money even if it's less than what you would make if you buy at the drop, but it will be profitable at the end.

On the other hand BTC panic selling is the stupidest way to lose money, even if bitcoin is a bubble what chances are there that it's going to burst at this certain drop?? why not the next one? or the one after it? or even after getting to 100k$ ten years ahead??? We just can't know.. What we do know that bitcoin had several drops and it recovered from them and most probably any drop we see won't be the last one.. So we just have to HODL and sell BTC only when we need to..

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:16:32 AM

FUD makes people "Panic Selling" and FOMO makes people "Panic Buying" Some whales or maybe a lot of whales use this cheap and very simple tactic to buy bitcoin at low price and sell bitcoin at high price.  Grin
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:18:51 AM

Everyones advice in blockchain and bitcoin trading is to hold onto currency and not sell bitcoin - however other currencies are quite alright to sell off when you need the cash . When BTC is set to exponentially  grow in the next year or so it may be an idea to save your BTC for when t is expected to reach that 25k milestone.

hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:20:02 AM

Hey there!

Rules are simple and panic is out of the question. Buy when it goes down and sell when it goes up. Buy for long term is the safest thing you can do.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
chacha66

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:30:32 AM

If you had bought the lows and sold the highs your profit would have been unreal, its hard to do. Balls of steel are needed. Can it go higher, so should I sell? Is it going to drop further so should I buy. HODL is actually easier or at least it has been because BTC keeps rising. You don't have to worry or monitor the markets and digest all that info everyday. But ya, if your willing to put in the time and effort, buying lows /selling highs is extremely profitable !
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:39:40 AM

Bitcoin is an asset and at that speculations are allowed, people tend to created panic by them self's as long as bitcoin price can rise it can also drop at any time. But the question is has the price ever dropped below the point it was within 48hours back. The answer is no. What should prompt you to sell your bitcoin should not be base on panic but base on your needs at that time, if not if you continue to do panic selling you tend to loose your asset which is bitcoin at any slide change in the market.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:54:02 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:46:04 PM by marcbitcoins

There are both wrong moves, the word panic means negative and ofcourse negative results. Many traders(especially newbies) have loss thier profits because they cant control thier emotions. Controling the emotions have a positive results and all you gonna do is study the technical and fundemental analysis. Knowledge is the way to control your emotion when making decissions to buy or sell.

I called these scenarios as a good strategies and techniques which also need in trading to become successful like buy low and sell high. All we need is the good TIMING so that we could make booth strategies to be applied smoothly specially in bitcoin in which we believed bitcoin is the most promising investment but the problem is it become very expensive to purchase so we need the good timing during panic buying but when we have much bitcoin in our disposal the timing of panic selling will be necessary to avoid losses and to ensure earnings.
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:55:16 AM

If you had bought the lows and sold the highs your profit would have been unreal, its hard to do. Balls of steel are needed. Can it go higher, so should I sell? Is it going to drop further so should I buy. HODL is actually easier or at least it has been because BTC keeps rising. You don't have to worry or monitor the markets and digest all that info everyday. But ya, if your willing to put in the time and effort, buying lows /selling highs is extremely profitable !

You have a point, but for those newbies that don't have enough experience about this - they are on panic selling. Yes, the best way to get profit is to hold it and sell it when the price gets high. Those buy low and sell high people have their high capitals to start this.

speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:20:47 PM

You have a point, but for those newbies that don't have enough experience about this - they are on panic selling. Yes, the best way to get profit is to hold it and sell it when the price gets high. Those buy low and sell high people have their high capitals to start this.
HOLDING is not the best way to get profit from your investments. It is just a sure way of gaining profits depending on the price of bitcoin, but since we know that it will just continue to rise, then newbies can just try doing this for starters. If they really want to earn faster than holding, they should really risk in their investment. They should get out of their comfort zone and explore new things that will surely increase their knowledge and experience about how investment in bitcoin really goes.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:03:18 PM

Panic buying are done by those investors who believe that bitcoin value will recover after a serious drop in price it happens because the history repeat for so many times now and it's one of the reason why people instead of worrying when bitcoin price drops they invest on it and buy while the price is low so whenever the value recover they can have a good return from their investment.
Much bigger investment would give us much better result if we are doing some short term trade, buy low and sell high but never be bothered when
huge dumped happen, as we can assure ourselves that the price will bounce back, there are already a lots of people around here who maybe mastered the flow and always enjoying with the huge fluctuations between the price.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:10:30 PM

Hey there!
So let us clarify what is panic selling and panic buying ine by one. Panic selling is when you got afraid to think and to the output of your selling for me the panic selling is when you sell inr thing you got oanic because it is not your full decision because you think about whay come after next if you sell that thing if ita good or bad idea. And the panic buying for me is like you got panic to buy because you think the price of the thing you buy after you buy it maybe got to dropping low.
LegionCoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:11:31 PM

( panic sell is not good
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

This is happening in the current market situation but not all investors are panic  buying and selling. It is possible that there are newcomers that have bought bitcoin without knowing the technology and true purpose of it, they were just influenced by their friends who have profited a lot who bought bitcoin at a lower price. We have a new set of investors that keeps on coming because of their emotions but eventually, they will learn from their own mistake and take profit for long term or short term trading if they know how to ride with the whales.
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:34:16 PM

Read up on Kinji Jakutos trading tips and how to stay focused whilst in high pressure situations such as trading.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

Hey there!

Actually it's the other way around. Bitcoin panic buying will still make you money even if it's less than what you would make if you buy at the drop, but it will be profitable at the end.

On the other hand BTC panic selling is the stupidest way to lose money, even if bitcoin is a bubble what chances are there that it's going to burst at this certain drop?? why not the next one? or the one after it? or even after getting to 100k$ ten years ahead??? We just can't know.. What we do know that bitcoin had several drops and it recovered from them and most probably any drop we see won't be the last one.. So we just have to HODL and sell BTC only when we need to..

So, you are right in one thing "we don't know if it's a bubble or when will(or won't) it burst". But the one thing we know about people and each person "everyone fear something, and no matter what is it".

Humanity have already seen many financial crisisis, and nobody wants to see another. Also, nobody wants to lose worth instead of earning money...
Jf Annie

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:41:48 PM

Hey there!
I thnk its natural because right time to buying & selling is most important. Buying when it's getting low which is very rare and sell it when its getting high which is also very rare. people should be active on this.
emmanborromeo67

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

For me both of them decision is very risk because panic is a risky if you panic buy or sell became unprofitable.
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:55:44 PM

These two situation is a very risky thing to do. Buying bitcoin today is not adviceable since it is at its maximum price, I guess, because it's not going down. And selling I think is recommendable, but yeah, if you sell, then price goes down.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

Panic selling is something you sold it earlier than your target price, FUD news is one of the reason why you sold it earlier while Panic Buying is like you Fear of missing out it means you're late to buy some coins when it dips and the market is up then probably you bought the higher high position so be aware of that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: