Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:40:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain cash deposit/BitInstant ever going to work again?  (Read 2086 times)
llamahats (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:02:25 PM

Hey everyone.  I am new to this whole bitcoin thing, and am having a lot of trouble buying any!  I created a blockchain wallet and tried to buy via a cash deposit, but it seems to be down both on that site and on bitinstant.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  Are there any good alternatives?  I'd prefer not to have to link a bank account to my wallet.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:14:29 PM

Hey everyone.  I am new to this whole bitcoin thing, and am having a lot of trouble buying any!  I created a blockchain wallet and tried to buy via a cash deposit, but it seems to be down both on that site and on bitinstant.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  Are there any good alternatives?  I'd prefer not to have to link a bank account to my wallet.

Cash deposits are currently running on our site, however there have been some changes which may mean the blockchain integration isn't working smoothly - for now simply copy/paste your bitcoin address into our site.
llamahats (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

Cash deposits are currently running on our site, however there have been some changes which may mean the blockchain integration isn't working smoothly - for now simply copy/paste your bitcoin address into our site.

Hey Gareth, thanks for the response!  Unfortunately I can't get your site to work either.  I get all the way through to where I put in my name, email and phone number, and then when I click "continue as guest" it gives me the message "We are experiencing problems with one of our partners, please try again later."  It's given me this message every time I've tried for the past few days.
orymh

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:34:23 PM

Hey Gareth, thanks for the response!  Unfortunately I can't get your site to work either.  I get all the way through to where I put in my name, email and phone number, and then when I click "continue as guest" it gives me the message "We are experiencing problems with one of our partners, please try again later."  It's given me this message every time I've tried for the past few days.

What browser are you using? I've been getting that same error in Chrome since yesterday, but Firefox works. Issues with Chrome have been mentioned in the BitInstant support thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.7760) too.

llamahats (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:56:21 PM

What browser are you using? I've been getting that same error in Chrome since yesterday, but Firefox works. Issues with Chrome have been mentioned in the BitInstant support thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.7760) too.

I am using Chrome, so maybe that has something to do with it, though yesterday I also tried Firefox to the same effect.  But now that I'm reading the BitInstant support thread, I'm hesitant to put any money in their hands at all....
orymh

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 08:02:56 PM

I am using Chrome, so maybe that has something to do with it, though yesterday I also tried Firefox to the same effect.  But now that I'm reading the BitInstant support thread, I'm hesitant to put any money in their hands at all....

I understand your hesitation. It looks like things are mostly back to normal for new orders, though. The backlog of messed up orders they're working through were all due to issues with a recent BitInstant upgrade.

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

I understand your hesitation. It looks like things are mostly back to normal for new orders, though. The backlog of messed up orders they're working through were all due to issues with a recent BitInstant upgrade.

This is true, we've had a hell of a lot of trouble with those orders placed when our new site first launched, but new orders are executing fine.
Larry666

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

could work, i would magine son
thankzcamera

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:16:16 PM

I have been trying to create an account since the new site came up and I have been getting the error message also. I have used firefox, internet explorer, and chrome to no avail. Is there anything I can do about this? I have even tried checking out as a guest, still the same problem.
technomancer

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

+1  We are experiencing problems with one of our partners.......
bongwater

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

Bitinstant will work shortly its to big of a company to not be working
ImJello

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:32:32 PM

Still getting the partner error..i just want some BTC  Sad
mason1515

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:35:57 AM

Hello Gareth my name is Johnny Mason. I made an order yesterday 06/18/2013 using zipzap and paid. I am still waiting to receive my bitcoins. Here are the details of the transfer still pending:

Transaction Details
Fee   $13.96   Origin   Local Cash Deposit (700k Locations)
Amt Paid   $350.00   Origin Acct #   N/A
Amt Recieved   $336.04   Destination   Bitcoin Wallet Address
        Destination Acct #   14bYX8JufsG3h1ptxDgQ9DHp4nu3h9zmnp

Event Log
Date   Event Type   Event ID
06/19/13 07:32   New Order   70c8c448-0896-4c08-a86d-f9c952d2e36a
06/19/13 07:32   ZipZap Payment Received   e4e166ee-06d0-4c65-9428-805b5e1a125b

Please see into this and send my BTC asap.

Thanks for your help.
Johnny Mason
mason1515

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:37:23 AM

This is true, we've had a hell of a lot of trouble with those orders placed when our new site first launched, but new orders are executing fine.

Hello Gareth my name is Johnny Mason. I made an order yesterday 06/18/2013 using zipzap and paid. I am still waiting to receive my bitcoins. Here are the details of the transfer still pending:

Transaction Details
Fee   $13.96   Origin   Local Cash Deposit (700k Locations)
Amt Paid   $350.00   Origin Acct #   N/A
Amt Recieved   $336.04   Destination   Bitcoin Wallet Address
        Destination Acct #   14bYX8JufsG3h1ptxDgQ9DHp4nu3h9zmnp

Event Log
Date   Event Type   Event ID
06/19/13 07:32   New Order   70c8c448-0896-4c08-a86d-f9c952d2e36a
06/19/13 07:32   ZipZap Payment Received   e4e166ee-06d0-4c65-9428-805b5e1a125b

Please see into this and send my BTC asap.

Thanks for your help.
Johnny Mason
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: