Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of scam ICOs  (Read 1047 times)
HonestSurfer (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:00:26 AM

Hi community members! Here you can write down projects that are scams. Argumentation will be appreciated.

This way we can have a record of all frauds in one place!
familypoints.io

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:03:09 PM

It is good idea, but each member who announces about "scam" project should provide very solid facts about it with links and proofs, otherwise, it will be considered as FUD and manipulation.
HonestSurfer (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:48:54 AM

Yes, along with argumentation also evidence should be supplied.

Moreover, perhaps we need a definition of scam here in crypto. I would say there are 2 categories: Fraud (team takes money and runs) and incapacity (team keeps promising, but it is clear they cannot deliver/are fighting and are only wasting money&time).

For instance, an example of fraud would be PayCoin. An example of incapacity are current events at Tezos.

What do you think?
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:47:25 PM

Personally, I participated in the bounty for the EthBooks ICO. Here is their thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2108840.1040
At the forum, many already believe that it was scam!
The project promised to be successful, but since October 21 (the end of iso was on October 20) the manager disappeared. In the telegram, too, everything is "deaf". So you can track the team of developers of this project and no longer trust these people.
P.S. glad to be wrong

yemiforu

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:50:37 PM

this is a very good moves and is going to help a lot of people from falling to the wrong hand when it comes to ico
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:52:06 PM

People should simply stop supporting these copy paste announcement threads..

You are the ones that keep these people going as they benefit of your backs..
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 12:53:19 PM

Hi community members! Here you can write down projects that are scams. Argumentation will be appreciated.

this is thread nr. 15 around scam ico's and their identification someone could make an ico certification business

000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:57:57 PM

I think is too early for something like this. Many ICOs need time to develop a real product, let's don't judge from so early! For sure there are some very bad team out there, and bad projects. In my opinion the most ICOs at the moment are not good, and I wait for something good to invest my money...
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:40:38 PM

Personally, I participated in the bounty for the EthBooks ICO. Here is their thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2108840.1040
At the forum, many already believe that it was scam!
The project promised to be successful, but since October 21 (the end of iso was on October 20) the manager disappeared. In the telegram, too, everything is "deaf". So you can track the team of developers of this project and no longer trust these people.
P.S. glad to be wrong

Participated also in a bounty campaign which is Lydian Project, wasted my time doing daily activities for that. Still lucky it just ended a week of promoting that project. I really think all bounty campaigns should be escrowed. Anyways, there's lot of new promising ICO out there.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:42:01 PM

to be honest it's a lot of scam ico projects that have sprung up late, but it's very difficult to prevent, because it's very difficult to determine which scam ico project and what is not, all that can be done is only to do a deeper analysis, can be seen from the roadmap, whitepaper, and team profile

blockchainvault

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:54:34 PM

Thank you for this thread. We really need to keep track of these scam ICOS, I've lost money investing in one.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:57:59 PM

I am very supportive of you because this issue is now a lot of fraud ico and cause a lot of loss for investors especially new people they can lose a lot of money if the trust in the advertising ico Report. I think I should set up a topic and gather people to discuss the list of ico scam as soon as possible
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:00:40 PM

There needs to be a criteria developed and credibility to the claim that is made with a scam.  Just asking people to post what they believe is a scam is just as dangerous an can be damaging as a scam itself.  I've seen users call legitimate projects scams just because they were unable to secure tokens during an ICO and were mad.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:09:32 PM

Good idea but it to see does ico is scam time is needed
I dont remember name but i saw loan ico last time
Pure ponzi loans at 1% and anoymous,ponzi scam
We have flood crypto banks ico's i guess 99% of them is scam

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

Very easy to say scams '' if we want to discuss scams must have accurate proof, concrete links to review really scams or just mere boast

by the way your question is good too
because by knowing ico scams, we will get away from bad investments
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:30:07 PM

to be honest it's a lot of scam ico projects that have sprung up late, but it's very difficult to prevent, because it's very difficult to determine which scam ico project and what is not, all that can be done is only to do a deeper analysis, can be seen from the roadmap, whitepaper, and team profile
Yes, I think it is so hard to point out which project is a scam. No one can confirm until the end of project. However, I think if there is a list of "doubting projects" this can help many investors to consider carefully.

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:14:38 PM

We appreciate when someone can list down all scam ICO's but it seems hard to figure out which ICO is scam or not because they're all good to be true. I've been joining some airdrops before that is not paying or giving us tokens so that would be a clear scam.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:27:23 PM

Have you ever seen someone like Theymos or any other reputable moderators to engage in an ICO related topic? of course not, because they are not sure

Whether a project will succeed or fail, even if they do participate, they would do it by using alternative accounts, because they don't want the community to

Think they're endorsing some of the projects behind some ICOs. there are even some skillful coders among the moderation team, they are not engaging either.

While the best of this community are out of this game, you should take the hints mate.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:39:42 PM

If companies are not very honest, you cannot be sure that they are not scam. They can spend the money they were raised in personal needs and hide it on documents and so on..
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:43:54 PM

I think it is a good idea but we must be careful and indicate enough evidence so as not to harm an innocent project because of minor disagreement between the whistle blower and the owners of the projects.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: