Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Sapphire 7950 (unSold)  (Read 844 times)
navigator (OP)

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:06:16 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 12:20:21 AM by navigator

[pic removed after sale]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202030

I've sold 1 item before on this forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118655
I have an ebay account from 2001 in good standing.

Asking 2.3 btc + .3 btc for games, includes shipping to US

I bought this card on 4/20/2013 and have been mining with it since I got it. Treated well, kept at mostly low 70c temps and 60-70% fan.
Please makes offers for the card only. If you want the games too put "+ games" for .3 extra. I'm willing to sell the games separate.

Shipping: Only to US or Canada(must pay extra), I would like to just tape up the inside brown box it came in and ship that way, would probably be cheapest/easiest. I can ship the outside box if you really want/need it. I can also cut out the UPC and ship just that if you need it for warranty or w/e. I didn't register this card or get the $20 rebate(expired already). If you don't need any of the cables or adapters it came with please state so cause I could use them.

I normally take apart and clean my cards before selling, but this one is only slightly dusty. Should be okay for a while.

Buyer pays escrow fees.
navigator (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:02:11 PM

BUMP.

Buy it now reduced: 2.15btc

I would probably accept an offer over $200.
navigator (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:49:31 PM

LAST BUMP before I put this on ebay

Asking 1.9btc
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:41:09 PM

PM inbound.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
navigator (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:01:26 PM

Sold and shipped to forum member. Will update when deal is done.
navigator (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:20:06 AM

Buyer said card was DOA(only fan spins) and is currently sending it back to me. I will check on the card when its returned and possibly get it replaced and re-list it.

It was working fine when I removed it. It set on my desk for about a week til I sold and shipped it. Not sure whats wrong or why.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:12:15 AM

make sure they don't send you a different card or a paperweight. who was it? maybe its a scamer

navigator (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:12:10 PM

Thank you for your concern, ssateneth. I did consider that a possibility. I received the card back today and pretty much 100% sure it's mine. It's showing the same symptoms he described. The forum user who bought it is dxtwo. He is a newer user and I read through some of his post. He appears to be buying a decent amount of mining gear and must have a small farm going. He said is was his first 7950 and I don't see where he has purchased any. We did the deal through bitmit. I decided to try it out incase I want to sell a few things in the future. The btc is currently in escrow there and I will be releasing it back to him this evening. He paid return shipping.

I really don't know what happen to the card. It was working fine when I removed it. It had been through power cycles before and also been moved to a different pc a few times. It set on my desk for about 1 week while I was trying to sell it. It was kinda sitting on/near the plastic package the free-games come in. I guess this is a small possibility of static from that somehow. It was shipped in a medium flat-rate box(the flat rectangle one). The card and everything was packaged in its original box. I put that inside the medium flat rate box without extra packaging. It could move freely inside. Even still, the card itself is cushion inside its anti-static bag and foam in box. I don't see how it could have been damaged in shipping.

I ran it at 1050mhz, 300 mem, 65% fan, low 70c temps

Fan spins but not video. Card doesn't even warm up after some minutes. atiflash doesn't detect the card. Anything I can try?
puntoMX

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:21:52 PM

... I put that inside the medium flat rate box without extra packaging. It could move freely inside. Even still, the card itself is cushion inside its anti-static bag and foam in box. I don't see how it could have been damaged in shipping.

I ran it at 1050mhz, 300 mem, 65% fan, low 70c temps

Fan spins but not video. Card doesn't even warm up after some minutes. atiflash doesn't detect the card. Anything I can try?
If you pack something, it should not make any sound when you shake it, always fill it up with something, cheap way is using newsletters (I always use the packing peanuts).

So the card got banged up inside the box, most likely the force of the banging moved the cooler (just a little bit), banging or at least re-applying the banging-force to the GPU itself. I would just RMA it, packing it so it doesn't make any sound inside the box, and when you get it back, sell it again.

Before, I bought a lot of hardware on Ebay and got a lot of banged up stuff in as the sellers didn't stuff the box up well. Newegg for example also ships stuff without filling up the box, they have A LOT of DOAs from that.
navigator (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:43:52 PM

I will take blame for not packaging it the best. I didn't have anything on me while I was at the post office shipping it. However, I don't see how it could have been damaged in shipping. The box the gpu comes in keeps it well protected. There is foam, plastic packaging, etc inside that keeps it from moving and well cushioned. I would say you could drop it while in that box and nothing would happen. Also, the buyer said the box was in good shape when it arrived and showed no signs of damage.

The other thing I did wrong was not checking it right before I sent it out. It set on my desk for a week and I just boxed it up and shipped it..

Hopefully I can get an RMA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: