Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most people invest in wrong ICOs to lose money ?  (Read 2432 times)
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:01:55 AM

it's back to your decision to choose a promising project, you should see the potential for making the project like development team, whitepaper, Conducted campaigns and etc.

It's actually not investing in a wrong ICO per se. Like the above-reply states, you can check several details with regards to the company, developer, and managing team that handles the ICO. By checking their white paper or some testimonials with users who have had experience with any of those entities, you can gain useful knowledge to decide whether a specific ICO would succeed, fail, or it worst cases, a scam altogether.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
WarCruz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:04:34 AM

Havent participated in an ICO for long time now, it gets harder and harder to stay up to date. but i like to gamble
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:18:03 AM

I think people who choose ICO wrong because they do not read the commands listed, they immediately register without reading the command then they invest the wrong ICO.
Orsenise

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:31:45 PM

Many of the "investors" are new to the crypto market and new to the finance industry in general. They have heard form a friend of two that there is a lot of potential in the blockchain sector, they heard about mining, about how BTC started and how much it's worth now, and they find this a reason enough to get involved into it. Most of them are looking for quick profits and don't really care about the underlying value of the coin that is being offered during the ICO, they are promised big returns and that is the main reason they are joining these sales. Actually most of the coins are crap and most of the investors are even crappier, so let them keep on losing their money and they'll eventually learn how this works. It's a lot of work to invest in good coins, people have to realize that.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:39:54 PM

Because they think it's wise to only follow the folks and the word of mouth without doing their own due diligence exercise for any ICO/Project! That's why many of  them fail (and end up investing in the wrong ICOs)

swaptaker

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:52:03 PM

Because they think it's wise to only follow the folks and the word of mouth without doing their own due diligence exercise for any ICO/Project! That's why many of  them fail (and end up investing in the wrong ICOs)

They don't invest to lose money, they invest there because they heard about people who earned a lot from their successful ico investments. That's the thing behind this ico investment idea.
Rufsilf

Activity: 1750
Merit: 309

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:56:27 PM

They just  didn't review the ICO first or do some research before putting money so they tend to lose money rather than to earn it from the ICO. ICO projects are great but it doesn't mean that you will always make money because making money takes effort and if you know how to do some research at first and do some little bit of effort and clarifying things then you will not have a high chance to lose money.
kemet jr

Activity: 154

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:03:19 PM

People is driven to invest. But at times its comparable to gambling when everything is relied upon luck. As unregulated platform, investing in cryptocurrency is like putting investments that you are ready to lose. Nonetheless, risk can be managed and loss can be regulated. Its just a matter of torough investigating the credibility of the developers and the reliability of the project.

Blazarius120

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:16:49 PM

It's extremely easy to invest in the wrong ICO.. Theres like 100 bad ICO's for every good one. Though if you can pick the right one you're looking at some serious gains. I'm assuming thats why people keep trying.

eP

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 04:17:39 PM

They just  didn't review the ICO first or do some research before putting money so they tend to lose money rather than to earn it from the ICO. ICO projects are great but it doesn't mean that you will always make money because making money takes effort and if you know how to do some research at first and do some little bit of effort and clarifying things then you will not have a high chance to lose money.
Yeah , i agreed this one, before do investment on ICO , we must make analysis and review about their ICO if you be a big investor , because a lot new investor trying to invest to some ICO for instantly get money when their project success but their never think about the risk , different with smart investor , a good ICO investor always make some analysis and review.
i just guess some ico was reviewed by major magazines like forbes , cointelegraph etc , then i will see their rating on icorating or review on youtube with their ICO dev or manager , this point we cant clarify their seriously with their project and launched ICO for gaining investor and promise the investor about their roadmap and project.

▄▄▄▄█▐██▀▀▄███▀▄                 
        ▀███▄███▌█▀▀▐███▌▄█▌████▄▄▄         
     ▄▐██▄▄▀██▀█▐█▐████▀▄█▌▄█████████▄       
   ▄██▄▀▀██▀▄▄▄ ▐▌███▌▄▀▀ ▐▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄     
 ▀▀█████▀▄▄█████▄▐███▐██▄ ▄▀██████▐███▄▀█▄   
 ██▄▄▄▄  ▀▀██████▌██▌█████▐█▄▀▀██▌█████▐▄▀▄ 
▐█▀▀▄▄▄█ ██▄▄▄▀▀▀█   █████▌████▄▀▐███▌▄███▐█
 ▄██▀▀▀ ████████ ▄▄ ▄▀▀▀▀██▐▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▄████ █▌
 ▀███▀ ▄▄▀▀▀██▀▄██▌█▄▀███▄▄▄▐▐██▌█▌  ▐████▌██
  ▐██▐▌████▐▄▄████▐██▄▐████▌█▌██▄█▀█ ▌▀███▀▐█
   ▀▌▀█▐██▌██████▀▐███▌████▐██▐█▐▀██▌██▄▀█▐█▌
        ▀█▐███▀▄▄ ▄▐███▐██▌████▌▀████▐██▀▄█▀
          ▀█▀▄██▌██▄▐██▌██▐███▀ ▀████ ▀▄▀   
            ▀███ ███▌█▀ ▀ ▄▀███▌████▀▐█▀     
                 ▀▀▀       ▀▄▄█▌██▄▀▀       
                               ▀▀
kaasy.ai  ──────
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain

TWITTER     2-PAGES PAPER     BTC ANN

█ ██       WHITEPAPER       ██ █

FACEBOOK     DISCORD     SUBSCRIBE

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:26:34 PM

It's extremely easy to invest in the wrong ICO.. Theres like 100 bad ICO's for every good one. Though if you can pick the right one you're looking at some serious gains. I'm assuming thats why people keep trying.

If you do enough research on the projects you're looking into I think you could avoid most scams.
Of course there's only so much you can do.
Alexxo

Activity: 309

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:02:14 PM

You do understand that when they invest they thought it it's the best one.
Look at the tesoz. People invested 400m cos there was some idea that not everyone understand but invested cos
 they had some well known advisers and escrow and in the end of the day there is huge problem there
and a chance that investors will get there money back in a coupple of years.
Problem in ICO thoes days is that if  you have any good tehnological idea for a future that no one
even know will it work or not, all you need is to hire advisers and escrow and y'll collect the money.
 I think that's the main problem and that's why we will get a lot of trouble in ico markets in spring

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

Some people fail on investing in Altcoins because they do believe some ICOs were like Bitcoin that will increase their value as high as $7k after 5 years but this time isn't the same with Bitcoin's playground. People were investing Bitcoin because the coin supply is limited and too little and most of coin owners are holding it until only few coins are circulating and that's the reason why Bitcoin is very expensive today but people didn't expect like people will support Atlcoins as they do in Bitcoin.
Altcoins have future too I believe but not this time. Like Bitcoin, it will take time people will support Altcoin the same with Bitcoin back 2 years ago.

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

What all the investors expect from their investment is nothing but profit from the turn over of their investment capital and not loss. Why so many people end up invest their money in an ICO projects that will at the end of the day not succeed is that many of them didn't consider the following factors such as the products that is involved in the project, the Team behind the project and the white paper. In my opinion, this are the factors that I usually considered before investing in a project and it works for me over time. 
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:30:59 PM

most of people are loosing money because they are hyped by buzz words like "the first ever", "the fastest", "the most secure", "anonymous" etc...

most of them dont look at white paper, team or roadmap!
Fatunad

Activity: 2282
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.
You do really have the point but stopping it would really be useless because there are people who do easily got caught with the hype specially when a certain ICO do really make some sweet words regarding on development,future plans blah blah etc. This is one of the reason why do people choose up the wrong projects which this thing cant really be avoided because its always been part of the risk on this kind of investment.
If you do decide to invest then you should know the risk onwards if you hit the wrong spot.
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:32:31 PM

It is because good icos are very small gems in the huge sea. It is hard to detect one. I am very picky about ico investments, I choose best icos. But I can be still baited easily, human psychology is weak, options are so much.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
Hamilcar

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:00:02 PM

Most of projects can't be successful in blockchain even if they are good. Nobody is going to pay gold, oil, taxis,.. with tokens. People simply use cash.
In my opinion this could be successful with projects more related to internet and online payment.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
Hannibalis

Activity: 133

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:08:33 PM

People invests in wrong ICOs because of wrong judgement and maybe fooled by the high quality hype. Personnaly i prefer games startups, cryptocurrencies banks and exchanges ICOs.
I find them more related to blockchain technology and they have more chances to succeed.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:13:26 PM

They just  didn't review the ICO first or do some research before putting money so they tend to lose money rather than to earn it from the ICO. ICO projects are great but it doesn't mean that you will always make money because making money takes effort and if you know how to do some research at first and do some little bit of effort and clarifying things then you will not have a high chance to lose money.
Yeah , i agreed this one, before do investment on ICO , we must make analysis and review about their ICO if you be a big investor , because a lot new investor trying to invest to some ICO for instantly get money when their project success but their never think about the risk , different with smart investor , a good ICO investor always make some analysis and review.
i just guess some ico was reviewed by major magazines like forbes , cointelegraph etc , then i will see their rating on icorating or review on youtube with their ICO dev or manager , this point we cant clarify their seriously with their project and launched ICO for gaining investor and promise the investor about their roadmap and project.

It's easy to be dazzle by a beautiful website and a good marketing campaign. Even it you look deeper and read the whipe paper, investigate for the team and the roadmap, you can be wrong. It's completely impossible to always invest in goog icos, that's part of the game. (but you can reduce the risk for sure Smiley )

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████