Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EthOS + NiceHash + Cryptonight = help!  (Read 4262 times)
zolthar (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:46:32 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 10:19:12 AM by zolthar

Is anyone using EthOS able to mine Cruptonight on Nicehash pool? I have 2 small rigs and want to mine NiceHas Cryptonight pool, however running into lots of issues.

I can start the miner - appears to work ok on the miner, however Nicehash is not registering the rig?

I can mine other Cryptonight AltCoins like Sumo and KRB without issues, just cant mine NiceHash pool.

Anyone willing to share their secret or the switch Im missing?

EDIT: Here is my config:

globalminer sgminer-gm-xmr
sgminer-gm-xmr=proxypool1 "stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355"
sgminer-gm-xmr=proxypool2 "stratum+tcp://cryptonight.hk.nicehash.com:3355"
sgminer-gm-xmr=poolpass1 "x"
sgminer-gm-xmr=poolpass2 "x"
sgminer-gm-xmr=proxywallet "wallet.rig"

{
    "pools": [{
        "url": "stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355",
        "user": "wallet.rig",
        "pass": "x"
    },
    {
        "url": "stratum+tcp://cryptonight.hk.nicehash.com:3355",
        "user": "wallet.rig",
        "pass": "x"
    }],
    "profiles": [{
        "worksize": "8",
        "name": "xmr",
        "algorithm": "cryptonight",
        "gpu-threads": "1",
        "rawintensity": "1024"
    }],
    "no-extranonce": "true",
    "no-submit-stale": true,
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": 4028,
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1",
    "temp-target": "50",
    "temp-cutoff": "70",
    "temp-overheat": "80",
    "gpu-fan": "30-95",
    "auto-fan": true
}

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

I may be wrong here, but you don't seem to be using the right miner (or at least miner settings). Try CCMiner, and remember to set the miner flag to cryptonight and the globalproxy to nicehash.

Also don't forget to add the #xnsub to your addresses.
zolthar (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:00:44 PM

From what I knew, CCMiner was for nVidia primarily - however if you can advise on the settings I will definitely give it a try as EthOS doesnt give much example for CCMiner or its config.

The settings is actually 2 parts, the top part being the local.conf and the second being the sgminer-gm-xmr.stub.conf file. However I have tried not setting anything in either the local or the sgminer and it didnt make any difference!  Huh Huh Huh

BTW I have AMD 580 on the rig if that makes any difference.

I added the tag #xnsub and the miner didnt start even after 5 mins. However I didnt mention NiceHash recognises the rig however hashing is 0.
gvsrusa

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:55:10 PM

Even I have the same issue. The rig is running perfectly fine but on nicehash side it is showing "0" hashes.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:27:30 PM

From what I knew, CCMiner was for nVidia primarily - however if you can advise on the settings I will definitely give it a try as EthOS doesnt give much example for CCMiner or its config.

The settings is actually 2 parts, the top part being the local.conf and the second being the sgminer-gm-xmr.stub.conf file. However I have tried not setting anything in either the local or the sgminer and it didnt make any difference!  Huh Huh Huh

I added the tag #xnsub and the miner didnt start even after 5 mins. However I didnt mention NiceHash recognises the rig however hashing is 0.
Recently NiceHash really have any problems. You need to try to switch the pool. I have a long time to do Europe. I switched to the US and the problems disappeared. Today there were problems on all pools but it lasted about 1 hour. Maybe it was due to problems on their server. Now everything works without problems.
shotstar

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:54:50 PM

Same issue here. Ethos shows my hash at 4545 and NiceHash shows it as 0 kH/s. The odd part however, is that my payout projection went up by exactly what I would have expected based on WhatToMine. My local.conf settings below:

maxgputemp 85
globalminer sgminer-gm-xmr
stratumproxy nicehash
proxywallet wallet.worker
proxypool1 cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355
proxypool2 cryptonight.jp.nicehash.com:3355
flags --cl-global-work 8192 --farm-recheck 200
globalfan 80
globaldriver amdgpu
autoreboot 3

Sounds like maybe this is a known issue? I've sent in a support ticket to NiceHash. Anyone else figured out a solve for this?
PatrykCOIN

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

Is EthOS same as ETH0?

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
▨ ▬▬▬▬▬   State Channel Speed with On-Chain Settlement   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▨
JOIN THE TOKEN SALE   ▨   START TRADING INSTANTLY   ▨   BOUNTY   ▨   TELEGRAM
zolthar (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:12:37 PM

Recently NiceHash really have any problems. You need to try to switch the pool. I have a long time to do Europe. I switched to the US and the problems disappeared. Today there were problems on all pools but it lasted about 1 hour. Maybe it was due to problems on their server. Now everything works without problems.

I have been having this issue over the last 3 days. I have tried USA, EU, HK, JP pools and all are the same for me.

Same issue here. Ethos shows my hash at 4545 and NiceHash shows it as 0 kH/s. The odd part however, is that my payout projection went up by exactly what I would have expected based on WhatToMine. My local.conf settings below:

Sounds like maybe this is a known issue? I've sent in a support ticket to NiceHash. Anyone else figured out a solve for this?

With me, my project went down accordingly to that rig failing. I have reported to Nicehash yesterday, however still no reply.

Is EthOS same as ETH0?

EthOS is an Ubuntu-based OS specifcally for Ethereum mining - however can be used to mine altcoins with little support IMO and FAQ outside of Ethereum.

Eth0 (Ethernet Zero) I am assuming is what you are referring to is a NIC Interface.
greyday

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

The settings is actually 2 parts, the top part being the local.conf and the second being the sgminer-gm-xmr.stub.conf file. However I have tried not setting anything in either the local or the sgminer and it didnt make any difference!  Huh Huh Huh

You may be right, all my gpu rigs are Nvidia so... Wink

The other two settings should be the difference though, they aren't tied to the specific miner. I did not need to alter anything other than my local.conf. I'm afraid I can't be of much help with the specifics for 580s, but Ethos is set to be pretty plug and play, so I think your problem may lie in the local.conf and Nicehash playing nice.

I have been having this issue over the last 3 days. I have tried USA, EU, HK, JP pools and all are the same for me.

FWIW, Nicehash says I keep connecting on the BR pool, even though the USA pool is closer and my proxypool1 (BR is 2).

Also don't monitor Nicehash so exactly. I have often had completely ridiculous reporting from it (from double the possible hashes on an L3+ to zeros on a working farm); base it on daily payout.
pologates

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:56:14 PM

Hello everyone, have you been able to solve the problem?
asukahan

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

try ethos 1.2.6 with new Claymore-XMR,mine works.

globalminer claymore-xmr
maxgputemp 85
stratumproxy nicehash
proxypool1 CryptoNight.hk.nicehash.com:3355
proxypool2 CryptoNight.jp.nicehash.com:3355
poolpass1 x
poolpass2 x
globalfan 70

shotstar

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:05:59 AM

Any other issues with the update or is it solid? Running NVIDIA or AMD?
zolthar (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:00:02 AM

Just confirming you need to update to 1.2.6 or manually install Claymore-XMR to mine cryptonight to Nicehash. SGMiner will not work on EthOS to Nicehash currently that I am aware of.
greyday

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:06:16 AM

try ethos 1.2.6 with new Claymore-XMR,mine works.

globalminer claymore-xmr
maxgputemp 85
stratumproxy nicehash
proxypool1 CryptoNight.hk.nicehash.com:3355
proxypool2 CryptoNight.jp.nicehash.com:3355
poolpass1 x
poolpass2 x
globalfan 70

THANK YOU. I was using sgminer on my new AMD rig and it worked fine on Suprnova but wasn't registering at all on Nicehash. Smiley
cdfairchild

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

And what address are you guys using for your "proxywallet" ... your BTC NiceHash address, or your XMR address? 

Thanks!
greyday

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:49:44 AM

And what address are you guys using for your "proxywallet" ... your BTC NiceHash address, or your XMR address? 

Thanks!

proxywallet [BTCWALLET_ADDRESS].[MINER_NAME]

The address I use is to my nicehash wallet as the regular payout fees from Nicehash are a lot higher than their internal ones, but you can use either. ONLY a BTC address though, Nicehash pays out in bitcoin.
maxmeme

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:46:22 PM

Is this issue resolved with the 1.30 update? Can we use sgminer-gm 5.5.5-a to mine cryptonight on Nicehash?
Kelan

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:27:32 PM

I have just completed setting up EthOS for mining Monero using the following settings for the new fork as of the 6 April 2018...
You need to make sure your miners are up to date.

globalminer claymore-xmr
stratumproxy nicehash
claymore-xmr=proxywallet ( your_Wallet_ID)
claymore-xmr=proxypool1 xmr-au1.nanopool.org:14444
claymore-xmr=proxypool2 xmr-asia1.nanopool.org:14444
claymore-xmr=poolpass1 z -pow7 1
claymore-xmr=poolpass2 z -pow7 1

Good luck and happy mining...
greyday

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:01:44 PM

I have just completed setting up EthOS for mining Monero using the following settings for the new fork as of the 6 April 2018...
You need to make sure your miners are up to date.

globalminer claymore-xmr
stratumproxy nicehash
claymore-xmr=proxywallet ( your_Wallet_ID)
claymore-xmr=proxypool1 xmr-au1.nanopool.org:14444
claymore-xmr=proxypool2 xmr-asia1.nanopool.org:14444
claymore-xmr=poolpass1 z -pow7 1
claymore-xmr=poolpass2 z -pow7 1

Good luck and happy mining...

Claymore-xmr is AMD only. For Nvidia, you need to use ccminer:

update ccminer
then run this: sudo hotfix ccminer-xmr7
add the following flag to your conf: ccminer=flags -a monero
reboot

and you should be good to go! Thanks to reddit user ETHcited for the info, especially the hotfix part (which I couldn't find ANYWHERE)...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: