Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I hate 90% of Bitcoin investors  (Read 2545 times)
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:19:00 AM

I don't think it's a problem. There is no need all of the people investing in Bitcoin know completely the technology behind it. Everyday you are using mobile, Internet, Television and any other technologies. Do you know completely how they work? There is no need. You just use them.  
People you mentioned are using their talent and making some profit and they are also making bitcoin more popular. They are helping Bitcoin to attract more people and they are getting their reward too. What's the problem?

By the way, those people don't leave the school, their education or their job. Most of them are living like before and just spend some of their time on cryptocurrencies. And better you don't change your life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:57 AM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me.
That's the reality, money makes the world go round and everyone strives to make money with everything. And as the popular bitcoin starts to make noise, many are now seeing it as a money making tool which is true.

90% of people haven't read the white paper!

You hit me with your bullet since I'm not able to finish reading it. By the way, how did you got that stats?

Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing!

And for those countries that are supporting and legalizing bitcoin it's quite impossible now for them to know what is this thing.

Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much!

Mostly thinks that it is more of an innovation so they don't have to know more about it, relax mate.

These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

Very well, all of us want it then.

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

And you are mad at those people that wants to get rich quick? Good luck with your dropping out are you inspired by Erik Finman?

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k.

Your intentions aren't really clear to me before but now it is clear.  Lips sealed

That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson.
You should be even thankful to all of investors even how stupid they are, they add money to the circulation (market cap).

90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them.
Even 7 years ago, many have said kid.

They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".
Never seen them running and ranting that way.  Grin

Signature for rent
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:26:02 AM

everyone is free to invest why you should angry, this is not very good if you angry in this forum. I think that investment is to make our rich and planning future better, so what's wrong?  Undecided
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:32:06 AM

A short summary of the topic: I hate people who act in accordance with their interests, not mine  Undecided

add to the summary this sentence too: "i'm jealous of the early adopter because they trusted a project while i didn't care at all, and noe they're rich and i'm not BabyRage"

Seriously, why the hate? I'm not an early adopter for many things (one of them was not being able to access to a proper pc when this project was born, was working abroad), but for sure i don't hate them, i envy them for trusting something new while i could not.
Gets over it bruh, everything revolves around money, especially for the new adopters!
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:38:18 AM

Just calm dude, they're not wrong about that. Everybody wants to be rich and that's normal. Anyone who mines or buy bitcoin would expect a profit, none of us want to be lose our money.
Those who have not understood the bitcoin concept as a whole make an impression that bitcoin is a money game, but at last they give a benefits to bitcoin as well. Many people end up with believing and use this cryptocoin, that's cool right?
I believe those people (the investors) -in the future- will learn about bitcoin and understand the concept. So I don't think they (investors) are bad, except the speculators.
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:41:19 AM

I'd like to know what the OPs position is.. HODLing, trading, mining. I hope he's not making any money off of it because if he is, it sounds hypocritical.
Yes, the underlying idea is great and the innovations are great.
Look at Apple and Microsoft. They were kind of the anti-establishment, we can do this stuff better and we'll stay true to the goal and not be beholden to anyone.
Now look at those companies!
Bitcoin isn't anything more special than those companies are. They made the computers and software that became the reason why the internet and networks came to be in the capacity that they are now...on which crypto rides.

Get over yourself and grow up. It's fine to have a personal interest and passion around it. Just don't admonish and wish bad for people who are actually help advance the Bitcoin cause because they see the bigger picture than you.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:49:58 AM

Your statement is not backed by any research it's just your personal feelings that most likely don't represent reality. People discuss the price because it's representation of Bitcoin's value, so there's nothing wrong in getting excited when the value increases, it's an important step in becoming recognized as global currency and asset. And hodling Bitcoin is just as important as spending it - it drives the price higher by limiting supply, and higher price attracts more people to the community and boosts confidence that Bitcoin really is the future of money. Also, there's a good proof that investors do care about decentralization - centralized altcoin Bitcoin Cash has failed and SegWit2x is about to fail too, so people are sticking with decentralized bitcoin despite miners and businesses threatening to move on to alternative chains.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AwpDragonPoor

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:21:37 PM

Well, bitcoin has so much opportunity to make money, people cannot ignore that. Usre it's decentralised, and not controlled by governemtn, but just holding it, they are making SO much money. Now it is over 7k USD, insane rise this year.
BitHerring

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:31:19 PM

Cry from the heart. I can sympathize with you that 7 years ago you were not older, I would have changed everything like this if I had a time machine. But this can not be returned. As for your attitude to investors. All people want to earn, more accurately say 90% as you wrote, the rest 10% for happiness money is not needed. But I do not think you should blame them here. You will only take another step towards the popularity of the crypto currency, blockchain and decentralization with your hatred. That's all I wanted to say.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
naf

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:45:01 PM

Someone needs a F***

Ups.......
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:46:47 PM

people invest money to gain some profit.bitcoin investors are same.all most all the investors invest in bitcoin for money.I am not sure, may be a few do it for fun.but you should not disappointed at all.a huge potential of bitcoin is waiting for you.just take the advantage of bitcoin.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:46:54 PM

Unfortunately there are not many people who really understand what it is. But without investment market won't grow, so crypto technologies wont't develop. I'm sure that who wanna make easy and quick money will not be long in this market.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:47:11 PM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.

they can make money, but can they do it from scratch? Thank God for being in a forum like this, worth the gold,
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:54:38 PM

If you're so into the whitepaper and the idea behind Bitcoin, why would you care if people left if the price falls? It's great that you're in it for the ideals, but it's also better for you in the long run that there are more users. More users means it's more universally accepted, and you might even be able to use it for daily purchases. I'm sure Satoshi would have approved. Not that he was against holding Bitcoin as far as we know.

You're correct in assuming that no less than 95% of people are using Bitcoin because they can make money off of it though. It's not a club though, so live and let live.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:59:02 PM

What's wrong in making money out of bitcoin? I bet 99% of the people in the world wants and needs money. So if they can make money from investing in bitcoin, who are you to tell them to f*ck off? So your 16 and you read the whitepaper and understand the technicality of bitcoin, that does not make you supreme over those who invested and have no technical knowledge over bitcoin. They'll learn it anyway as they continue to use bitcoin and engage the community.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money.
of course they are and this is the main reason why they invest on bitcoin because bitcoin is a quick way to earn money in just a matter of time.

90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing!
yes most of them dont read th whitepaper or roadmap or anything looks technical and hard to understand for an average joe, they dont really care about it or decentralization is a good thing or not. all they really care is how to earn money.

Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

exactly!

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin.
theres no age limit on bitcoins, any one can buy and sell  or use it as long as you know how it works.
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:22:31 PM

I think currently most of the people see Bitcoin as an investment not a currency. Almost nobody wants to pay something with Bitcoin, because the Bitcoin price is so volatile. Why should i buy somehting for 1 Bitcoin (~7'000 USD), when I can buy the same thing in 2 weeks for 0.5 Bitcoin? As long as the price is getting higher so fast, the willingsness to use Bitcoin as a currency is really low.

But does everyone that uses invests in Bitcoin have to understand how Bitcoin works and what the initial idea was? I don't think so. I daily use so many things I don't really understand the mechanism behind it. I think it's just important for all crypto currencies and the blockchain, that more and more people get interested and at leasst get a basic understanding of the advantages of the technology.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:53:00 PM

I thought you were going to say you were mad because some people that got in later than you are making more since they have more to invest. Ive been in btc since 2010 so you are a noob... however crypto currency is extremely new and we wont see it adopted for many many many more years. So with that said, you have a lot of time to becoming a pro! Nothing to drop out of school over though unless you are a developer.

Positivebetting
liutenko

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:53:58 PM

Oh, you have just described me...
And still, I find bitcoin as a good opportunity to invest, even though I have no idea how it works.
imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:54:35 PM

well depend on what preferences they have when decided to invest bitcoin we can blame them man. I guess we just hope maybe the price will down for awhile so we can be the next investor, IMO or maybe we hold not to buy btc if we know like this because investor make the rate as high as now. be frankly if the price back to 2000k will you buy with huge amount and still hope the price stable at 2000k after that? of course not right. you will begin to think like investor,then. CMIIW Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: