Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet  (Read 2244 times)
Albert211994 (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:57:21 PM

I wanted to create a wallet of my own? Where do I start? I am a c# developer anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
golekcepot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:05:33 PM

To create a wallet account, the first is login and open your email, very many sites that offer online wallet services, you can start with bittrex, poloniex, localbitcoins and others. Choose one of the wallets that you like and visit the site, then click REGISTER, and follow the next command, hopefully useful.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

[General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
MistGold

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:51:18 PM

I wanted to create a wallet of my own? Where do I start? I am a c# developer anyway.
If you want to start your "Own wallet project" Just type in google how to create a QT wallet.
Albert211994 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:16:53 PM

If you want to start your "Own wallet project" Just type in google how to create a QT wallet.

Right, I want to build a custom wallet project. Found some in google but mostly using python. If i cannot find anything else I will force myself to learn python.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Right, I want to build a custom wallet project. Found some in google but mostly using python. If i cannot find anything else I will force myself to learn python.

Bitcoin Core is a wallet (much of which is) written in C++ (with external libraries etc) and if you know c# that will make it much easier to get up to speed - https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

Electrum is a thin wallet - https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum - not written in a language in the C family though.

There are other options depending on exactly what you are attempting.

If you go to GitHub and search for "bitcoin wallet" you'll see a lot of source to peruse:

https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=bitcoin+wallet&type=

Albert211994 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:43:21 PM

Bitcoin Core is a wallet (much of which is) written in C++ (with external libraries etc) and if you know c# that will make it much easier to get up to speed - https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

Electrum is a thin wallet - https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum - not written in a language in the C family though.

There are other options depending on exactly what you are attempting.

If you go to GitHub and search for "bitcoin wallet" you'll see a lot of source to peruse:

https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=bitcoin+wallet&type=

Thanks for this, exactly what I needed.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:31:30 AM

Why do you want create wallet?
My opinion that no need new apps.. because today exist many different wallets.
If you want learn how it work, check git
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

Whatever the reason is, github.com is your only way to create your customized wallet even if a lot of websites is offering something about this. He may want something that others wallets doesn't have to offer. Whatever it is good luck on creating your new wallet but it is a long way to work up if you want your wallet to be noticed to the public and let the other people use it. It's like building a trust and reputation before you gonna go up especially with your team.

ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:51:00 AM

agreed.

If you still want to go on with it:

Here is a good place to start
https://www.codeproject.com/articles/1096320/hiddenbitcoin-high-level-csharp-bitcoin-wallet-lib

Albert211994 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:22:26 AM

Whatever the reason is, github.com is your only way to create your customized wallet even if a lot of websites is offering something about this. He may want something that others wallets doesn't have to offer. Whatever it is good luck on creating your new wallet but it is a long way to work up if you want your wallet to be noticed to the public and let the other people use it. It's like building a trust and reputation before you gonna go up especially with your team.

It is just for my own comsumption, not gonna release to the public. I just want to know how things works, then customize it according to my needs.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:32:10 AM

It is just for my own comsumption, not gonna release to the public. I just want to know how things works, then customize it according to my needs.

What do you mean by you just want to know how things work? I think you are not yet ready to create a wallet because in order to create a wallet you must know already how things work from the start! if I'm not mistaken? 
master2080

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:47:35 PM

What do you mean by you just want to know how things work? I think you are not yet ready to create a wallet because in order to create a wallet you must know already how things work from the start! if I'm not mistaken? 

Getting your hands dirty is the best way to gain knowledge and experience in a field, so why is this a different case?
davinci6845

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:48:43 PM

let the guy code sheesh  Grin
V.gorn

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:36:07 AM

Could you please help me? I'm interested in creating of my own BTC wallet. Which risks I can face? How can I be deceived?
Jake052478

Activity: 224

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:31:57 AM

you wanted to create your own wallet so and yet you don't want to read how, tsk... tsk... you have the initiative but don't want to work on it is very a lazy thing.  You have to dig in and earn some knowledge.  I don't know but it is not enough that you only have programming knowledge or writing codes.  You have to get everything in terms of securities and also accounts i guess...
Homaz

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:29:02 PM

why you need to do that? there a lot of free and good wallets, maybe you want to make some money creating a wallet?
paskal_navi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:20:09 PM

why you need to do that? there a lot of free and good wallets, maybe you want to make some money creating a wallet?
I guess it`s exciting and instructive. This development opens up great prospects for the future
winchester0080

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:42:38 PM

There is lots of wallets out there. Lots of new ones also with bells and whistles YoBit.net has bells and whistles make something like that.
peter0093

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:23:50 AM

1st open gmail id and then open wallet but any types of wallet that you want brain wallet or block chain wallet and then register in it our email
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: