Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:57:12 PM

I was annoyed after the fork because the fork issue could have been prevented. Since I have a stiff upper lip I want to help ETN. The good news is that everyone can help as there is CPU miner that everyone can run. It is very easy to configure and below is a link to the software which is made by the reputable Claymore :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647251.0

Just follow these steps :-

1 - Download zip file from above link.

2 - Unzip the zip file.

3 - Update the configuration file config.txt with the following settings and change the wallet address to yours. Also note there servers around the world so feel free to choose a more local one and full details can be found on their website (https://etn.nanopool.org/help).

-o stratum+ssl://etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13433

-u etnk3bkGFUDiwmivNthKTNJuHHusCDbh1ah4YaxKJGrCKyWufTT3B3BHjSMQTLMHr5Yd1Yf2pVphxSQ Ns45Y6HNCAYSJhE4TeC.cpu

-p z

-pow7 1

-allpools 1

-mport 0

4 - Run the start batch file.

5 - When the batch file start ensure it is running in fast mode(FAST MODE ENABLED!) otherwise follow on-screen instructions.

6 - Check your miner is running on the following URL and just change your address:

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnk3bkGFUDiwmivNthKTNJuHHusCDbh1ah4YaxKJGrCKyWufTT3B3BHjSMQTLMHr5Yd1Yf2pVphxSQNs45Y6HNCAYSJhE4TeC

Please note if you have slow CPU then you may not see your miner for a while. You can check the miner is working by pressing "s" in the miner window and you will see your stats like :

Speed: 67 h/s, TotalHashes: 1K, Mining time: 05:12

If you press the "s" key again after some time you should see the total hashes increase.

Speed: 67 h/s, TotalHashes: 2K, Mining time: 05:12

I know the hash rate is not particularly high but if thousands of people do this then it can make all the difference!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:58:40 PM

I hope they can get it fixed in days and not months.  Now we know another way ASICs can damage a coin.  I hope the Equihash coins take note of this and change their algos asap.  Don't let the ASICs mine at all.

actually the equihash coins (expect BTG, eventually Bitcoin Private) decided first to make/order a professional research to see the impact from all angles, not just the miners one, which makes perfect sense for good valued coins that have a given target. You know that you miners are just a small part without real investement of the whole picture of a given project which includes investors, stake holders, companies, traders, foundations, whatever not,

And the allready shipped Z9's allready mine since yesterday on equihash, just as a side note.......
You know that you miners are just a small part without real investement of the whole picture of a given project which includes investors, stake holders, companies, traders, foundations, whatever not

LOL now that's the bullshit statement of the year in bitcointalk  Roll Eyes

I consider $30,000 or more in Mining Gear and an ass load of electric bills and countless hours of maintaining them and researching the various coins to mine, quite an investment "of the whole picture" as you say....

Until you directly invested it into a given project it's not an investement into the project, easy as that. If that's the value of your gpu mining hardware it's an investement into YOUR business, not the projects business!

P.S.: Now think again about it and mark your own post as the "Bullshit statement of the year" .....
Ya like they say, never argue with a newbie.... like trying to make sense with a drunk. So whatever you say Mr. Newb investor Roll Eyes

Oh and one other small thing, without miners there is no coin or blockchain or confirmations etc etc etc.... but then again for a big investor like you that means nothing I'm sure...

1600+ useless posts and still below noob (not newbie) level?
Was that really all you had to say after you indeed realized you invested in YOUR business and not a project? And when you mine you get paid for that, which again doesn't make you an investor in a given project. So now take your little 30k farm and look for the next coin to switch every 5 minutes through all the coins (make sure you don't miss one with 2 cent more payout) around to get your own big investement medal on the next 1500 projects, lol. What a joke that 1.600+ post forum junkie  Grin
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:19:57 PM

I hope they can get it fixed in days and not months.  Now we know another way ASICs can damage a coin.  I hope the Equihash coins take note of this and change their algos asap.  Don't let the ASICs mine at all.

actually the equihash coins (expect BTG, eventually Bitcoin Private) decided first to make/order a professional research to see the impact from all angles, not just the miners one, which makes perfect sense for good valued coins that have a given target. You know that you miners are just a small part without real investement of the whole picture of a given project which includes investors, stake holders, companies, traders, foundations, whatever not,

And the allready shipped Z9's allready mine since yesterday on equihash, just as a side note.......
You know that you miners are just a small part without real investement of the whole picture of a given project which includes investors, stake holders, companies, traders, foundations, whatever not

LOL now that's the bullshit statement of the year in bitcointalk  Roll Eyes

I consider $30,000 or more in Mining Gear and an ass load of electric bills and countless hours of maintaining them and researching the various coins to mine, quite an investment "of the whole picture" as you say....

Until you directly invested it into a given project it's not an investement into the project, easy as that. If that's the value of your gpu mining hardware it's an investement into YOUR business, not the projects business!
 Grin
P.S.: Now think again about it and mark your own post as the "Bullshit statement of the year" .....
Ya like they say, never argue with a newbie.... like trying to make sense with a drunk. So whatever you say Mr. Newb investor Roll Eyes

Oh and one other small thing, without miners there is no coin or blockchain or confirmations etc etc etc.... but then again for a big investor like you that means nothing I'm sure...

1600+ useless posts and still below noob (not newbie) level?
Was that really all you had to say after you indeed realized you invested in YOUR business and not a project? And when you mine you get paid for that, which again doesn't make you an investor in a given project. So now take your little 30k farm and look for the next coin to switch every 5 minutes through all the coins (make sure you don't miss one with 2 cent more payout) around to get your own big investement medal on the next 1500 projects, lol. What a joke that 1.600+ post forum junkie  Grin
lol don't you just luv it in here!  Grin  over 5 yrs of BS.

Where as I agree with some of what you have to say in your "points" you make, I think mining carry's a lot more weight then you make it out to be, or at least the way it was worded.

And don't you worry my little farm produces what I need it to. lol and it is an investment for my business true, but if I am mining ETN am i not investing in ETN? different views, but its cool.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
boxalex

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:33:22 PM

lol don't you just luv it in here!  Grin  over 5 yrs of BS.

Where as I agree with some of what you have to say in your "points" you make, I think mining carry's a lot more weight then you make it out to be, or at least the way it was worded.

And don't you worry my little farm produces what I need it to. lol and it is an investment for my business true, but if I am mining ETN am i not investing in ETN? different views, but its cool.

Look, of course does mining carry to some point, but not the point every miner, including me, does think it does.

You got upset because i wrote "small part" and "no real investement in the project" and it's just like that man. We are just a small part and every coin that doesn't want to deal with miners at all can switch to POS, whatever.

And as i explained allready, the investement you made, me too, is for YOUR/OUR business and for our profit. Most miners, saying it here generally, just switch (hourly/daily/weekly/whenever) to other projects due better profit, just reality. I didn't say it isn't their right, of course it's indeed their right after it's their business, but exactly that makes you/me/us not investing in a given project. Neither you, nor me bought the GPUs or if you want even Asics, for a given coin only. Hence the reason i said the above, small part with no real investement in the project. This just holds true!

As a sidenote, i'am against POS and pro mining, but that doesn't mean we are necessary for every blockchain project on earth ....
boxalex

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:38:53 PM

and it is an investment for my business true, but if I am mining ETN am i not investing in ETN? different views, but its cool.

Missed that last one. Actually no, you do not investing in ETN, only in your own business. As soon as you beginn with your
business (mining hardware) to mine for a given project you provide paid service, not an investement.

JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:56:56 PM

I was annoyed after the fork because the fork issue could have been prevented. Since I have a stiff upper lip I want to help ETN. The good news is that everyone can help as there is CPU miner that everyone can run. It is very easy to configure and below is a link to the software which is made by the reputable Claymore :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647251.0

Just follow these steps :-

1 - Download zip file from above link.

2 - Unzip the zip file.

3 - Update the configuration file config.txt with the following settings and change the wallet address to yours. Also note there servers around the world so feel free to choose a more local one and full details can be found on their website (https://etn.nanopool.org/help).

-o stratum+ssl://etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13433

-u etnk3bkGFUDiwmivNthKTNJuHHusCDbh1ah4YaxKJGrCKyWufTT3B3BHjSMQTLMHr5Yd1Yf2pVphxSQ Ns45Y6HNCAYSJhE4TeC.cpu

-p z

-pow7 1

-allpools 1

-mport 0

4 - Run the start batch file.

5 - When the batch file start ensure it is running in fast mode(FAST MODE ENABLED!) otherwise follow on-screen instructions.

6 - Check your miner is running on the following URL and just change your address:

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnk3bkGFUDiwmivNthKTNJuHHusCDbh1ah4YaxKJGrCKyWufTT3B3BHjSMQTLMHr5Yd1Yf2pVphxSQNs45Y6HNCAYSJhE4TeC

Please note if you have slow CPU then you may not see your miner for a while. You can check the miner is working by pressing "s" in the miner window and you will see your stats like :

Speed: 67 h/s, TotalHashes: 1K, Mining time: 05:12

If you press the "s" key again after some time you should see the total hashes increase.

Speed: 67 h/s, TotalHashes: 2K, Mining time: 05:12

I know the hash rate is not particularly high but if thousands of people do this then it can make all the difference!

Thanks for posting this!!  If enough people help we'll get this done!  I have all my miners mining ETN.
Coinbaker_criptobakery

Activity: 36
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 12:07:35 AM

and it is an investment for my business true, but if I am mining ETN am i not investing in ETN? different views, but its cool.

Missed that last one. Actually no, you do not investing in ETN, only in your own business. As soon as you beginn with your
business (mining hardware) to mine for a given project you provide paid service, not an investement.

Well, there are some miners like me that mine as a form to get cryptocurrencies, instead of buying them using USD's or EUROs... My aim is also to keep the mined coins aas a way to support them... That's another mining approach, isn't it?

However, please, take into consideration the role that miners play in a coin... it is a huge part of the SW and HW infraestruture each coin needs. And it is of volatile nature. Mining HW is also shared amongst several coins. Big and small investors make this true, using their own money. I bet that those currencies where it is not possible to mine, require to deploy a huge distributed network to allow users to exchange coins easily in a safe manner. For me, miners are not a small portion of a crypto.

Yours, very respectfully.

Coinbaker
JCS-CCT

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

I hope they can get it fixed in days and not months.  Now we know another way ASICs can damage a coin.  I hope the Equihash coins take note of this and change their algos asap.  Don't let the ASICs mine at all.

If any coin is researching if ASICs are good or not.. they are wasting their money.  Not good.  Out of the 22 doorstop ASICs listed on the following site, 10 were released in 2018.  The only ASIC I support is the Antminer B3.  It is not really that profitable, but the algorithm was made for ASICs, so I have no problem with that one.  GPUs are good for years while ASICs are good for months.

Doorstops at bottom of page.  Plus 40 ASICs making less than $5/day:
https://www.asicminervalue.com/
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:27:21 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 12:38:37 AM by contraband

Grin Grin Grin

Thanks to both of you for being so passionate about ETN.

One of you sees the investor as the most important

One of you sees the miner is the most important

Thats like arguing over what is more important; the brain or the heart.

Lets not keep filling up pages going back and forth about the chicken or the egg type circle here, as we already have almost filled up a few.

Thanks guys!
!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:01:19 AM

Awe come on man we're just having a fun hearty little debate on that "chicken and egg" lol

Really for any coin to be successful it needs everyone, good devs, investors, pool owners, exchanges, good community support and participation, and mostly a good concept and lots of happy miners!  Grin

Meanwhile back at the ranch" seems the block finds have slowed again?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
boxalex

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:37:27 AM

Well, there are some miners like me that mine as a form to get cryptocurrencies, instead of buying them using USD's or EUROs... My aim is also to keep the mined coins aas a way to support them... That's another mining approach, isn't it?

However, please, take into consideration the role that miners play in a coin... it is a huge part of the SW and HW infraestruture each coin needs. And it is of volatile nature. Mining HW is also shared amongst several coins. Big and small investors make this true, using their own money. I bet that those currencies where it is not possible to mine, require to deploy a huge distributed network to allow users to exchange coins easily in a safe manner. For me, miners are not a small portion of a crypto.

Yours, very respectfully.

Coinbaker

As there are anyway no other news regarding fork updates i think there is nothing bad to dicuss something else meanwhile while we wait for the updates.

I'am a miner (not only) too myself. I even would say not just a hobby miner but with bigger investments in this business. Of course you support at the moment of mining a given coin that project, absolutly no doubt here. I never said that a miner doesn't support a project, just mentioned that the mining investement is not on a given project. About the support, absolutly true.

Just as a side note that helps a bit to difference btw. investing or supporting. When you buy a stake, shares, coins, ico for example you can hold the project liable as an investor as you directly invested into a given project, even in court (enough examples and law suites by now). As a supporter or paid service provider you don't have this right. As said, just as a side note.

While i'am personally as well a fan of POW mining (just normal after i have a mining facility my own) i'am not sure if every coin should have it's POW network. Having in mind that small networks with low hashrate could be 51% attacked by literally with 10$ per hour bought hashrate from nicehash i'am not sure it makes much sense from a real decentralized point of view, but that's another story i guess.
Here an interesting read how cheap it is indeed to 51% attack small coins: https://www.crypto51.app/  “PoW 51% attack cost”
boxalex

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:46:03 AM

Awe come on man we're just having a fun hearty little debate on that "chicken and egg" lol
[/quote]

Agreed  Wink

Really for any coin to be successful it needs everyone, good devs, investors, pool owners, exchanges, good community support and participation, and mostly a good concept and lots of happy miners!  Grin

I fully agree to good devs, exchanges and good concept and in parts to the rest because there are good successfull projects actually even without poolowners, miners, and if you believe it or not, good community suppport.

Going to bed, seems we will see soon the 3th day beginning without network. Good night mate and no bad feelings, right?  Wink

P.S.: back on topic.

If the problem with the blockchain can not be fixed the devs really should take into consideration a temporary roll-back and prepare for a new fork in a week or two after the problems have been located, fixed, and it's for sure going to work out. Eventually even changing the difficulty parameters for the next blocks after the fork ... Just an idea as this is slowly but surely going into a desaster ......
JCS-CCT

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:43:28 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 03:16:19 AM by JCS-CCT

Going to bed, seems we will see soon the 3th day beginning without network. Good night mate and no bad feelings, right?  Wink

P.S.: back on topic.

If the problem with the blockchain can not be fixed the devs really should take into consideration a temporary roll-back and prepare for a new fork in a week or two after the problems have been located, fixed, and it's for sure going to work out. Eventually even changing the difficulty parameters for the next blocks after the fork ... Just an idea as this is slowly but surely going into a desaster ......

I agree!  If they can't get it going, I hope they roll it back and do a through testnet before they try to fork again.

Edit: They need to figure this out quickly.  Miners are losing interest.  The hash has fallen 75% today, while the difficulty is going up.  I wish they would give us more frequent updates.
btcsmlcmnr159

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:22:06 AM

snipped all contents inside original thread
So, how about stability of Electroneum network at the moment?
Is it stable and safe to move my coins currently?
Thanks, contraband.
JCS-CCT

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:46:03 AM

Thanks, contraband.

No.  Don't do any Electroneum transactions.  The blockchain is currently stalled.
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:54:19 AM

LOL  Wink

LoveKamil

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Hi, everybody. The company claims that it has already developed a wide range of technical products – including a mining system that can be run from your PC or smartphone. Where can I find more technical information about the project?
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:42:37 AM

Hi, everybody. The company claims that it has already developed a wide range of technical products – including a mining system that can be run from your PC or smartphone. Where can I find more technical information about the project?

You got 10 merits, you tell me  Wink
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:33:50 AM

The smartphone mining app is only a simulation of mining, but the rewards are for real.

They only develop a mining app for the CPU miners. But i don't think it works now, as the blockchain has been hardforked and you need a new algo to mine ETN. Also the difficulty is too high for CPU. It is still very very high for GPU.

But as we love ETN project, we are mining it to help the normalization of the transactions.

The ETN team create the smartphone app which is also a wallet. And there is a CLI wallet for PC.
liksagen

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:49:55 AM

Thanks, contraband.

No. Developers killed their own blockchain and went on vacation.
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: