Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Universa be bigger than Ethereum, NEO, and waves?  (Read 2340 times)
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:46:28 PM

J. McAfee is just a fan of cryptos  Cool
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:07:07 PM

I invested on UTN and will hold on to them until it reaches its full value. Joined their bounty too. Its a great project and saying it will be better than ETH, that we'll see. Who knows!
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:19:11 AM

21.1M collected by the moment.
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

Who cares about size?

Please make a really FAST network first. This is really important for everyone.
Look on Ethereum today. Blockchain that was announced as a base for decentralized applications, in fact, is incredibly SLOW.

Only one application (any huge ICO or just a game like CryptoKitties) can slow down the entire network. And also increase the Gas limit & price to a crazy amount.

BitMonkey

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:56:02 AM

Who cares about size?

Please make a really FAST network first. This is really important for everyone.
Look on Ethereum today. Blockchain that was announced as a base for decentralized applications, in fact, is incredibly SLOW.

Only one application (any huge ICO or just a game like CryptoKitties) can slow down the entire network. And also increase the Gas limit & price to a crazy amount.

The solution is to use DAG (though decent dag+smart contract combination is yet to emerge) or sidechains/sharding (etheruem upgrade, eos, ICON, Oracle, Universa, most of them really).

Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:49:57 PM

Great post, I love it, can XYZ be greater than Etherium... Sure son, it can, but in your dreams maybe Cheesy

I'd rather compare Universa to NEM or EOS, but not ETH...
DennisStoff

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:59:52 PM

Will try to see the development till the end of ICO, some people said that this ICO will surpass ETH, and i cant believe it for now because it still in ICO time, i keep my eye to this project. feels like this ICO will explode on the market then.
BitMonkey

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:13:53 PM

Will try to see the development till the end of ICO, some people said that this ICO will surpass ETH, and i cant believe it for now because it still in ICO time, i keep my eye to this project. feels like this ICO will explode on the market then.
Don't think so. I think it'll be slow decay on exchanges until they manage to deliver and explode. Or it'll just go out with a whimper if they can't.

Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:37:56 AM

23M collected.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:17:24 AM

yesterday they wanted to extend the sale of tokens for 18 days, today they have already changed their mind. and sales will end today.
but despite the problems - this is a very promising project
UniversaUTN

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:41:01 AM

yesterday they wanted to extend the sale of tokens for 18 days, today they have already changed their mind. and sales will end today.
but despite the problems - this is a very promising project

They made a huge mistake even though they changed their mind, people will/have lose trust. Although i still think it has potential
EMS-007

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:42:49 PM

Since few days I have been reading a lot about Universa.They look so promising to me.But I would like to know your views too. Many famous personalities also involved in it.After electroneum and confideal, Universa attracted me so much with respect to ICO's. They claim many advantages over other blockchain enterpises. Especially it has targeted ethereum and has many advantages technically.

What's with Universa to be consider as bigger than Ethereum, NEO, and waves in the future? Huh
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:43:20 PM

As I understand Universa proposes extremely fast transactions, which is not that noticeable nowadays, but will become crucial in next few years.
shaun98

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 10:51:42 PM by shaun98

They could succeed, but they'll definitely have to work hard to get their name known out there. The likes of Ethereum, NEO and waves are widely known.

tuiputui

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:43:28 PM

Yes, but McAfee could create his coin on universa network
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/921822099844591621

Universa got something really good.. the supply will be big so you can´t expect a bigger price than ETH, but it can really take the place of Neo, waves, cardamo, etc... if the tools they propose work well, they´ll really have adoption.. it´s smart contracts with escrow out of the box, powerfull api with oracles, and fast transactions with huge newtwork load. It´s like taking Ethereum, chainlink and quantstamp in a single product and ready to scale at higher level transaction with low fee... you can´t expect Universa to colapse because of a kittens app... or pay an ico/contract/etc and wat more than a few seconds to confirm... Is the future
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:50:17 PM

I could see it become a multi-billion dollar company but it will take a lot of time. It is attractive though to move away from Ethereum for a company and start with other blockchains. Ethereum isn't bad but its getting crowded and for now doesn't scale, probably will in the future but you can't really wait for that when you want to move forward with your business.

Don't really expect Universa to become any bigger but with enough time it could. But it will take alteast 3-5 years or possibly more, I do feel crypto is kind of stuck with these high priced coins and doesn't feel like they could be replaced, which is a very wrong way to think. For now we haven't really seen any existing big companies moving towards these projects, just start ups. But once they do they aren't gonna settle with Ethereum just because its known and has a high marketcap, they will likely settle with NEM/XEM or other blockchain projects that have better tech and are faster and scale better. Don't really understand why NEM isn't already bigger than ETH

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:08:38 PM

Yes, but McAfee could create his coin on universa network
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/921822099844591621

Yeah, so best sit out Universa and wait for McAfeecoin.
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:22:38 AM

Token Sale has finished at $28.5M
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:27:20 AM

Since few days I have been reading a lot about Universa.They look so promising to me.But I would like to know your views too. Many famous personalities also involved in it.After electroneum and confideal, Universa attracted me so much with respect to ICO's. They claim many advantages over other blockchain enterpises. Especially it has targeted ethereum and has many advantages technically.
There's always possibilities for universa to be better than the coin you stated above. If their claim of more transaction per second and cheaper fee is right, then it's only time until they take over ethereum because we've seen ethereum can't handle a lot of transactions right now. But they just finished their ico while there are already some other coin that has the chance to overtake ethereum like nem or bts.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:27:56 AM

Great post, I love it, can XYZ be greater than Etherium... Sure son, it can, but in your dreams maybe Cheesy

I'd rather compare Universa to NEM or EOS, but not ETH...

I will also not compare that directly to ETH. It is like you are born today and you are already become the father. Yes if you say like that in future somewhere can it be near ETH it may be a possibility but comparing right now would be just a nightmare. Till now hardly any coin seems to be even reaching nearby to ETH in coming couple of years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: