Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Customer Appreciation Chip Credit Program  (Read 2846 times)
jedunnigan (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:54:22 PM

As a thank you to our customers for being patient with us as we move towards fulfilling our shipping we are instituting a chip credit program for all pre-orders prior to April 1st, 2013 (Including orders already delivered). This program will allocate a $25 discount per chip up to the number of chips you currently have on order. For example, if you have a Single SC on order, you will receive a $25 credit per chip for 16 chips (Meaning 16 chips can be purchased for $50 each). The chip count for each unit is as follows:

5 GH/s / Jalapeno: 2 chips
25/30 GH/s Miner: 8 chips
50/60 GH/s Miner: 16 chips
500 GH/s Miner: 128 chips
1.5 TH Minirig: 384 chips

Every customer with a current pre-order dated prior to April 1st, 2013 will receive a chip credit for the number of chips/units they have pre-ordered. What this means is that you will be able to purchase raw chips from us for $50 instead of $75 per chip, up to the number of chips you have credit for. We realize that not all of our customers are interested in or have the desire to make use of the chips themselves. To that end, you will be able to sell your chip credit to other people who may be interested in or have the ability to make use of the chips directly.

For our very earliest customers, the first three months of orders (June 23rd to September 23rd orders) will receive 2x the value of the chip credits. For example, a 60 GH/s miner will be worth 32 chips in credit, a Jalapeno will give a 4 chip credit.

You should see your chip credit code(s) in your account shortly, and you may do with them as you wish at that time.

There is a 100 chip minimum purchase, so if you are acquiring codes, please be sure to understand that you will need to order a minimum of 100 chips.

Terms: While we do not have the facilities or the ability to facilitate chip transfers directly, the chip credit codes are transferable from one person to another and we do not limit the resale or transfer of the chip credit codes. The customer is responsible for doing their due diligence when buying, selling or trading the codes, so please be sure to only trade with trusted, verified individuals. Codes can not be refunded, returned or canceled once they have been used or transferred. Butterfly Labs will not be responsible for what a user does with their codes and we are only providing the discount to verified, paid pre-existing pre-orders. Once codes have been redeemed and the payment process has begun, if you do not complete the payment, the codes will be invalid and can not be refunded or returned.

This seems fitting given the fiasco surrounding their products. Hopefully they have pure intentions here (not trying to buy more time) Decide for yourself. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with 80 creds yet.

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/3272-customer-appreciation-chip-credit-program.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 11:57:42 PM

Sorry we scammed you, but here's money off if you buy more of our scam.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

I got 128 chips credit. PM me an offer if interested.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:17:01 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 12:49:11 AM by Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Interesting program, I have to say.

16 credits for trade. PM.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:20:15 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 12:40:26 AM by PuertoLibre

Quote from: Butterfly Labs
As a thank you to our customers for being patient with us as we move towards fulfilling our shipping we are instituting a chip credit program for all pre-orders prior to April 1st, 2013 (Including orders already delivered). This program will allocate a $25 discount per chip up to the number of chips you currently have on order. For example, if you have a Single SC on order, you will receive a $25 credit per chip for 16 chips (Meaning 16 chips can be purchased for $50 each). The chip count for each unit is as follows:

Every customer with a current pre-order dated prior to April 1st, 2013 will receive a chip credit for the number of chips/units they have pre-ordered. What this means is that you will be able to purchase raw chips from us for $50 instead of $75 per chip, up to the number of chips you have credit for. We realize that not all of our customers are interested in or have the desire to make use of the chips themselves. To that end, you will be able to sell your chip credit to other people who may be interested in or have the ability to make use of the chips directly.

Jokingly Translated: Please, god oh please! Accept our offer to send you chips instead, it is fooking unprofitable for us to meet our 60Gh/s miner goals. We'd rather lower the bar and send you just the chips. We promise we aren't hiding any facts from you which would make this situation a different kind of plea. I promise....let us off the hook.

Take your chips and go find someone to put it together. Here, a 25$ discount. We need to really shirk this responsibility. We would be in a hole financially if went sent these all out. So take your dirty chips and GO! Don't ever come back. (ok, a little over dramatic...but that is what crossed my mind)

Joking Caption: "We will even put it in a doggie bag for you...."

For our very earliest customers, the first three months of orders (June 23rd to September 23rd orders) will receive 2x the value of the chip credits. For example, a 60 GH/s miner will be worth 32 chips in credit, a Jalapeno will give a 4 chip credit.
Jokingly Translated: My god! Take our bloody 4$ chips! (for eh, 50$?)

I beg you! Take our damn offer, we need to cut our liability by getting you to agree ASAP! Right here, right now! We don't want you to sue our asses for our huge delay! Seriously!

We need to get this monkey off our back immediately. Please, please let us send you a "Bag o' BFL chips"®? Pretty please?!

We promise that you will find someone else to put it together!? Someone far more competent than we..."probably"?

</Shirk Responsibility>
</Shirk Legal Liability>
</Sign here>
</Invoke Inaba Escape Clause>

You should see your chip credit code(s) in your account shortly, and you may do with them as you wish at that time.
Jokingly Translated: Take it and go, you dirty apes!

There is a 100 chip minimum purchase, so if you are acquiring codes, please be sure to understand that you will need to order a minimum of 100 chips.
Jokingly Translated: We still want/need to make money off you, you know!

Terms: While we do not have the facilities or the ability to facilitate chip transfers directly, the chip credit codes are transferable from one person to another and we do not limit the resale or transfer of the chip credit codes. The customer is responsible for doing their due diligence when buying, selling or trading the codes, so please be sure to only trade with trusted, verified individuals. Codes can not be refunded, returned or canceled once they have been used or transferred. Butterfly Labs will not be responsible for what a user does with their codes and we are only providing the discount to verified, paid pre-existing pre-orders. Once codes have been redeemed and the payment process has begun, if you do not complete the payment, the codes will be invalid and can not be refunded or returned.
Jokingly Translated: Trade amongst yourselves, but if anyone scams ye'...it ain't our problem.

We just give out coupons and shirk responsibility...11 months...later?

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/3272-customer-appreciation-chip-credit-program.html
jedunnigan (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:36:07 AM

I was wondering how long it would take you to respond Puerto. Even faster than I had imagined.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:37:53 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg2473586#msg2473586
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:37:57 AM

16 credits auction: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/39179-16-x-25-butterflylabs-chips-redeem-code
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:38:25 AM

I was wondering how long it would take you to respond Puerto. Even faster than I had imagined.
The question is, did you like what I took away from it?  Wink
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:42:05 AM

I would buy some credits if I can apply it to the 50% due on the delivery of the 100 BFL chips I purchased this week which I already paid 50% on.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:57:01 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 02:42:24 PM by Korbman

Hmm interesting offer, though I can't say I'd have much personal use for the credits. If I read it correctly, I should have 176..so that's neat, I suppose.

Whenever I get the codes I know I'll just end up off loading them [for a reasonable price] to someone who wants them.

EDIT: Fixed...people seem easily confused..

solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:57:23 AM

I have 16 credits for sale with escrow for your protection:

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/39198-16-x-25-butterflylabs-chips-redeem-code-400-value

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
icebear888

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:36:21 AM

Hmm interesting offer, though I can't say I'd have much personal use for the credits. If I read it correctly, I should have 176..so that's neat, I suppose.

Whenever I get the codes I know I'll just end up off loading them to someone who wants them.

Hi Korbman

We are busy with such a project and we are all pooling together (bunch of ordinary guys with extraordinary plans!!).
If you would like to donate it to a worthy cause it will be much appreciated!

Have a great day!!
icebear888

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:42:01 AM

Guys, as you can see in my response to Korbman, I come hat in the hand to you.

If you are able to donate some for a worthy cause I would really appreciate it!

We as a group have 1 x 100 chip order and we need all the discount we can get!

Thanks in advance!

Have a great day!

ps: We have 40 already, so we need another 60 for max discount Smiley

note to self: maybe I must do a from the community, for the community thing. Nah!! They will figure it out!! Smiley
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:43:17 AM

I have 96. Pm if interested.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:44:11 PM

Whenever I get the codes I know I'll just end up off loading them [for a reasonable price] to someone who wants them.

If you would like to donate it to a worthy cause it will be much appreciated!

Unfortunately I've got far too many bills to consider charity at this time. I am, however, easily persuaded by the right price..

icebear888

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:47:10 PM

This seems fitting given the fiasco surrounding their products. Hopefully they have pure intentions here (not trying to buy more time) Decide for yourself. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with 80 creds yet.

A donation would be nice!! Smiley
yachtsman

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 09:41:03 PM by yachtsman

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/39347-bfl-customer-appreciation-chip-vouchers-4

Buy it Now on Bitmit for:
http://fizzisist.com/priceimg/img/20.00

Price listed is dynamic with gox price in usd.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 03:39:20 PM

Is Puerto wrong?  I'd love to see a link to a reasonable explanation for any number of things.  I asked directly.  The response consistently ignores the companies responsibility while attacking detractors. 
Ok, invoke away!  If you didn't read Puerto's link and haven't been paying attention... you just might want to take a close look.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:42:31 PM

How long does it take for credits to be transferred, is it instant?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: