Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:27:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No signal from PCIe risers  (Read 181 times)
Lumining (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:27:14 PM

Hi,
I made a Cmos reset of my motherboard (AsRock H81 Pro BTC) and since then, my miner doesn't recognize the GPU's anymore.
I changed PCIe speed to Gen1 and tried with 1 riser connected to the x16 slot. The miner did power up but there was no signal on the screen, mouse and keyboard were not working. Without a riser plugged in, the PC works perfectly fine and boots without problems.

How can I fix this problem?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

It's probably using one of the cards as primary (monitor output) and not the onboard GPU. Try plugging the monitor into a card or the onboard graphics port.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:53:53 PM

It's probably using one of the cards as primary (monitor output) and not the onboard GPU. Try plugging the monitor into a card or the onboard graphics port.

I plugged the monitor hdmi cable in the GPU instead of the motherboard and it worked! Thank you so much, I could've found this solution on my own, but with your help the problem got solved in less than 10min, many thanks again!
I set Gen1 in the mobo settings for PCIe speed, is there anything else I should set in the mobo bios settings?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:24:22 PM

I plugged the monitor hdmi cable in the GPU instead of the motherboard and it worked! Thank you so much, I could've found this solution on my own, but with your help the problem got solved in less than 10min, many thanks again!
I set Gen1 in the mobo settings for PCIe speed, is there anything else I should set in the mobo bios settings?

If all of your GPU's is now working with your current setup that would be fine, my advice is, just don't fix thing that ain't broke.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:52:18 PM

I would setup the primary graphics card to be the onboard in the BIOS so after a restart only the motherboard's hdmi output will work - like it was the case before the reset.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:06:38 PM

Thank you, I'll do that Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: