Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:05:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this SUDDEN price rise good for BTC?  (Read 1362 times)
nathanielpogi

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:02:55 PM

It will really be good if you are holding a lot of bitcoin now from the time you buy it on low value . And it also depends on the market because we all know is highly volatile and no one can control how its value goes. Thats why be responsible on your own investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dashbit

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:10:37 PM

First of I am a BTC HODLER and I am happy it is breaking it's ATH every other day.  But is it really good for future of BTC?

As a currency and day to to day usage BTC price needs to be stable. For regular market to adopt this as a currency the price needs to to stable. Is it not? If BTC fluctuates so much within just few days how can some business adopt this?  For example if they fix a price for a product for $400 equivalent to btc  then  tomorrow the price can be $600 or $200.   Will this sudden price rise/ drop not affect the market adoption?

What you guys think about this?
Yes its actually very good fot the btc holders.
See until 13th ov nov price will set new records every day.
And more importantly this price rise always set the support level to higher grounds.
That ensures market fall is difficult from that high.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

For me I think it is ok if bitcoin price suddenly increases day by day I mean even a company who accepts bitcoin as a payment wii be much thankful because their earnings can even get much higher. It's an automatic investment for those businessman so I don't think they need to be worry besides if the price will ever drop I'm sure it will not take any longer like what is always happening bitcoin manage to appreciate.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:04:01 PM

I've been asking myself the same question. Bitcoin may not have been a bubble @ $6,000. If it ventures higher into the $7,000 to $10,000 range without adequate support it might venture into bubble territory, eventually. High growth has a potential to become unsustainable if it outpaces the underlying fundamental metrics by a significant margin. Crypto being a grey area and an emerging technology there isn't good data on what the best method is to calculate a fair price for btc much less what proportion healthy support/price ratios might represent. In a sense we're in uncharted waters and with that increased risk comes a higher potential for profit.

On the plus side, I can't deny it feels good to see gurus like Warren Buffett and CEO's of banks being proven wrong in claiming bitcoin's price couldn't go higher. Buffett and bankers could be in full damage control protectionism mode here as they attempt to trivialize bitcoin's success to deter people from pulling money out of stocks/banker investment vehicles and placing it in crypto instead.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

For me I think it is ok if bitcoin price suddenly increases day by day I mean even a company who accepts bitcoin as a payment wii be much thankful because their earnings can even get much higher. It's an automatic investment for those businessman so I don't think they need to be worry besides if the price will ever drop I'm sure it will not take any longer like what is always happening bitcoin manage to appreciate.
The sudden increase of bitcoin price day by day it means that a lot a of people are embracing and using bitcoin in their life. Is just the demand in the market, adoption by the community is very strong. And this is signifies that bitcoin will be capable of beating fiat money in the market, as it become the most chioce currency used in their daily activities today.
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:32:19 PM

First of I am a BTC HODLER and I am happy it is breaking it's ATH every other day.  But is it really good for future of BTC?

As a currency and day to to day usage BTC price needs to be stable. For regular market to adopt this as a currency the price needs to to stable. Is it not? If BTC fluctuates so much within just few days how can some business adopt this?  For example if they fix a price for a product for $400 equivalent to btc  then  tomorrow the price can be $600 or $200.   Will this sudden price rise/ drop not affect the market adoption?

It is so wonderful seeing Bitcoin surpassing its former all time highs and to be honest, I really want to see Bitcoin grow even higher. However, just like the old sayings, "what goes up must come down" and "the higher you fly, the harder you crash", this might happen to Bitcoin as well. We are enjoying the gradual increase of Bitcoin's price but what if the drastic crash comes?

If you are a merchant and is accepting Bitcoin as payment, there is no real struggle here since you will place a price in USD and not in BTC. Also, BTC is just an alternative way of paying just like credit cards so if the customer wishes to pay in btc then he has to pay x USD worth of Bitcoin and that's it.

cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:38:22 PM

The sudden increase of bitcoin price day by day it means that a lot a of people are embracing and using bitcoin in their life. Is just the demand in the market, adoption by the community is very strong. And this is signifies that bitcoin will be capable of beating fiat money in the market, as it become the most chioce currency used in their daily activities today.
I actually think the other way around.

Big price changes always scares me. Generally fast growing things face stronger resistance to push back. I just hope it doesn't happen for btc.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:41:29 PM

This is why we have payment processors like Coinpayments.net they will make sure you are not losing money if you are a merchant, businesses could use their services to exchange Bitcoin, alt coins for fiat, if you are buying something for $400 you'll send any accepted crypto currency to Coinpayments.net provided address worth $400 and they will send that money to the merchant.

🖤😏
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 10:44:10 PM

It is not stable when it comes to price we do not know tomorrow it might rise then the day after tomorrow it drops that is why some bitcoiners do not use it for their personal businesses instead the price rise maybe good in some point in a way that they are using it for trading or mining then save it until the price rises again.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:34:21 PM

Market rules: Anything that go up fast and high,  will have a huge crash later. Look at XRP. Bitcoin is almost complete from reaching the top ,but once it taps the tip,  huge crash from all crypto would happened. Huge Bitcoin correction and long journey again to reached that top.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:15:30 AM

Market rules: Anything that go up fast and high,  will have a huge crash later. Look at XRP. Bitcoin is almost complete from reaching the top ,but once it taps the tip,  huge crash from all crypto would happened. Huge Bitcoin correction and long journey again to reached that top.

The market doesn't follow any rules. And things that go up don't always crash either. Just look at the stock history of Amazon, Alphabet or Facebook, to name just three assets that keep going up.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:33:53 AM

For me, the sudden changes in price is a good sign for btc, if that continue and reach @$10000, btc is more valuable in the sight of the investor.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:19:42 AM

As I can think of now when there is a pump there will be a dump
But I hope its not the case with bitcoin, a correction os fine I think
As we can see all alts are bleeding now, lets wait until btc stabilizes

worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:26:36 AM

Im seeing alot of people point to this coin as only a commodity which is not a good thing in bitcoin.  Are you telling me each of you are buying bitcoins only for investing?  I use it for a store of value, if I ever need fiat I have my bitcoin debit card and I withdrawal the money.   If I need a service or item I buy it with Bitcoin.  If everyone is only seeing it as an investment, then yeah we have a problem.  Maybe Bitcoin is a commodity instead of a currency. 
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:27:10 AM

Definitely not ! The strong and tanky price of bitcoin means that people are eating it up even though dumps are happening, powerful support is seen and it's expected that the buying pressure would continue and rally ever higher this year.

Why suddenly growth is not good?

If we had alot instrument to see where bitcoins are going,we can see that the transaction amount aren't increasing except from trading pairs, bitcoins are merely another subject for market speculation and people are buying to keep, not to use it. I doubt 70% of the new buyer don't even know the concept of segwit X2 its all about trends. As soon as a big fud happen, people will realize the overpriced BTC negatively impact the overall economy of crypto currency.

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:28:22 AM

Instability in Bitcoin price hasn’t hurt its valubso far, but I think you are correct that volatility can prevent Bitcoin from being used in some ways. For example, a lot of volatility could keep businesses owners from using it as a method of payment because they gave to price their item and the price would keep changing. Also, buyers are not going to want to spend Bitcoins if they are going to be worth twice as much in a month.

But the price volatility is not the only thing that makes using Bitcoins difficult. It’s also the high fees and the long transaction times that will prevent it from really being useful.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:34:12 AM

I at the very least don't think it's bad. I'm guessing the reason why people are so anxious is that they know this kind of growth is not sustainable. It truly isn't. But so what? We can think of this as some kind of mini bubble, and if it pops, we will stabilize at around $5000 or $6000 which is where we were or should have been without all the forks. It's only really bad for you if you buy at the current prices.

Bitcoin will always be volatile, and it will continue to be this volatile for a while after the Segwit2x fork due to the overall uncertainty surrounding it. We should stabilize a little bit after that has been sorted out.

Okuman

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:36:28 AM

I was targeted for investment in a major exchange and am generally known.
You should think that it happened because the price of Bitcoin rises.
If a price does not rise, the spread of Bitcoin is difficult.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:41:40 AM

we are just surprise because of the price are just rising good and nicely for BTC, so that's why every person holder of BTC are so happy, but the price will not become stable it will have a chance to rise or drop.
AconZtt

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:15:46 AM

The price of bitcoin fluctuates,But its future potential is limitless Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: