Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:00:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this SUDDEN price rise good for BTC?  (Read 1362 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:59:20 AM

First of I am a BTC HODLER and I am happy it is breaking it's ATH every other day.  But is it really good for future of BTC?

As a currency and day to to day usage BTC price needs to be stable. For regular market to adopt this as a currency the price needs to to stable. Is it not? If BTC fluctuates so much within just few days how can some business adopt this?  For example if they fix a price for a product for $400 equivalent to btc  then  tomorrow the price can be $600 or $200.   Will this sudden price rise/ drop not affect the market adoption?

What you guys think about this?

You have a surprisingly lucid grasp of how this works. tell it to some of the old head bitcoin super maxis here, they think this valuation is a good thing  Roll Eyes

there is no way in hell this is sustainable. even though the uptrend has generally been up, we cannot rely on this to continue. there is no market that has simply gone up with no major correction, this fast. it doesnt even have to do with valuation at this point; essentially someone is going to take a massive profit, and it will all come tumbling down for a while. i wont bemoan the lack of news, I wont point out the rise in the face of impending forks. no one cares LOL. but every time I ask, no one can give me a rubric for valuation that explains this price.

it has defied my predictions, i will admit. but dont dismiss me, board. this is a bubble, and it will pop. wont be the end, but it will "feel bad man', i promise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wledgewil

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:51:15 AM

Nice question.
Here you go... Bitcoin price deals with demand of people.
In economic terms when demand is high price increases and when demand decreases price increases.
So good and bad is based on your time and luck and also observing analysing the market trend.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:37:02 AM

First of I am a BTC HODLER and I am happy it is breaking it's ATH every other day.  But is it really good for future of BTC?

As a currency and day to to day usage BTC price needs to be stable. For regular market to adopt this as a currency the price needs to to stable. Is it not? If BTC fluctuates so much within just few days how can some business adopt this?  For example if they fix a price for a product for $400 equivalent to btc  then  tomorrow the price can be $600 or $200.   Will this sudden price rise/ drop not affect the market adoption?

Okay wait, what did you mentioned in the last statement about business adoption looks little drifted to me. I mean it doesn't matter if the price of bitcoin changes, they can always put auto pricer or some algorithm which will change the BTC price of that particular thing based on its dollar price but not the other way round.

For example,

if the price of a chocolate is $ 1 then the website selling it should show up the equivalent BTC at current rate of USD which user need to pay. So there is no worries whether the price of bitcoin fluctuates or not.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:58:47 PM

Nice question.
In economic terms when demand is high price increases and when demand decreases price increases.
So good and bad is based on your time and luck and also observing analysing the market trend.

I agree. Probably for now its good because as the price goes higher, more and more will flock to bitcoin. Though as we can see it's not that good with alt traders as red paints most coins since bitcoin's consistent run. I'm not sure if its good or bad for the crypro market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

I think that more people will be wanting to get in on bitcoin,  as it is going up at a very fast pace. This is very good for bitcoin in my opinion.  Of course, some may be scared off or start selling due to the price increase,  but overall very good.

nocturnalsheet

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:03:47 PM

I think it is very good, high price more attention and more new people buying
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:10:08 PM

I think it is very good, high price more attention and more new people buying
Yeah,the sudden price is caused due to the that more people are started to buy bitcoin so it is actually good for the bitcoin and the bitcoin investers which is they expect to happen.I don't think the price of bitcoin will fall again because the price depend on the demand i heard that lot of people signed into bitcoin wallet in one day which is a good sign for the bitcoin demand.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

The more people that adopt and use Bitcoin, the less its price will fluctuate, right now Bitcoin is at its infancy and the majority of the world doesn't know about it.
Compared to FIAT currencies, literally nobody is using Bitcoin right now.

It's also why widespread adoption is not going to occur overnight, but slowly, and theoretically Bitcoin's price will also grow at that same rate.

i think no, as you can see there were so many people are into bitcoins but why its value is still unstable? because thats how bitcoin works and people earn profits due to its volatility thats why it is a good trading tool and thats how cryptocurrency desiged to work mainly because of trading and imagine if the price will be corrected or fix then many of us arent going to earn profit on it anymore and probably more people will lost interest on it.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:12:23 PM

Yes sudden bitcoin price rise is a very good for business and who is a crypto trader, those people are very happy to when bitcoin price pump. Recently Bitcoin price is very high and it is now stable but someone think that again bitcoin price is foll but we see this market previous it can't foll down.
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:13:48 PM

Nice question.

I agree. Probably for now its good because as the price goes higher, more and more will flock to bitcoin. Though as we can see it's not that good with alt traders as red paints most coins since bitcoin's consistent run. I'm not sure if its good or bad for the crypro market
             I highly agree with you. There are lots of options you need to do when bitcoin price goes up, some of the traders take an advantage about it the red market, rhey tend to buy some of those cheap coins, while some rides the high price of bitcoin. That is how i see what happens when there is a sudden change in the price at the market, and maybe its natural.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:16:05 PM

Agree with you this is the biggest hurdle while adopting bitcoin as a world currency. It just does not stabilizes. Such high fluctuations make people reluctant to spend their bitcoins. Not at all happy with such high deviations each day.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:11:13 PM

No, IMO this sudden increase in price isn't good for Bitcoin. The recent surge has nothing to do with real adoption, it is purely speculative, driven by price movement and irrational exuberance that Bitcoin price would increase forever. Yeah, this sudden increase in price would attract more speculators and would lead to further increase in price, but realistically speculative growth isn't sustainable. At the first sign of correction, these get-rich-quick adopters would be the ones to panic sell. I don't have any doubts that there would be a major correction, it is good and necessary, helps real adoption.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:29:38 PM

Whats's happening now is a good thing; these events would just justify bitcoin's intended design namely it price only going up through the passage of time. This would be a good appeal to investors and would probably gain more traction than before.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:04:55 AM

I think that more people will be wanting to get in on bitcoin,  as it is going up at a very fast pace. This is very good for bitcoin in my opinion.  Of course, some may be scared off or start selling due to the price increase,  but overall very good.

But others were afraid in this value right now because of many speculations that it will blow up.There is no valid reason why bitcoins value is getting higher and higher and that is the reason that hardfork will be possible to come.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:07:02 AM

The higher the better imo. Yeah we might crash but the amount of interest and new people coming into the eco system due to the hype sets us up well for the future years. With the bigger investors into the market its very hard for this to die off.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:08:39 AM

Whenever the price of bitcoin increases, it is always a good sign regardless if its sudden or by a long-shot. Anything that contributes to the increase of its price is a positive news for the cryptocurrency world, especially when it comes to bitcoin. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining its price due to its volatile nature. Also, in the perspective of short-term investors, sudden increase on the price of bitcoins are a "GO-SIGNAL" for them to withdraw their money and enjoy their profit.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

The higher the better imo. Yeah we might crash but the amount of interest and new people coming into the eco system due to the hype sets us up well for the future years. With the bigger investors into the market its very hard for this to die off.
Another crash could actually get even more people interested, if they either check the history themselves or if media brings it into the spotlight. Then people could start buying the crash much earlier than last time in anticipation of another sixfold increase.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

BTC price is rising coz new users are adding up every hour. Market cap is also increasing at the same pace so there is no need to worry. In my opinion, BTC still hasn't explored its true potential in terms of no. of users. As new users are joining this system every day, therefore market cap is increasing and the price is rising like anything.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:46:19 PM

Nice question.

The fluctuations is always dependent on all situations that might happen and now as price went higher than we have expected, well same with alt traders these few months might a red paint. Even if all alts at dump stage I still believed that next level will come to a new impressions that it will start to rise higher same with what happens with other previous coins that has became the most promising.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:49:41 PM

I think, the sudden price increase of bitcoin is a good sign or an indication for a higher price of bitcoin this coming week or months.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: