Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???  (Read 1640 times)
cryptolit

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:44:52 AM

US citizens can participate in US ICOs but that's all. It's all to do with regulation so ICOs from elsewhere, Europe for example, should block people from participating with an IP address from America. It's quite difficult for people from elsewhere in the world to participate in US ICOs, lots of hoops to jump.
cris17

Activity: 640
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

US citizens can participate in US ICOs but that's all. It's all to do with regulation so ICOs from elsewhere, Europe for example, should block people from participating with an IP address from America. It's quite difficult for people from elsewhere in the world to participate in US ICOs, lots of hoops to jump.
Why you think so? For example I want to participate in Qchain (and as I know its US ICO), so I can't do it, because I'm not US citizen? Don't think so.
active706

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:43:23 PM

Why you think so? For example I want to participate in Qchain (and as I know its US ICO), so I can't do it, because I'm not US citizen? Don't think so.
Anyone can Join Qchan's ICO, I already joined and I'm not US citizen.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

There are icos that US citizens are not allowed to join. The SEC rule is a thing to take note of if you want to join one. But there are icos in which the US ip address is banned from joining.
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:49:30 PM

There are a lot of ICO's that restrict US citizens. The ones that do restrict US Citizens are the ones that are trying to be in compliant with SEC so that they do not get fined by them.  The other ones don’t think about the SEC, don’t even think that SEC could reach them, or just don’t care about the SEC.

This is how I read your comment:

"An extradition treaty exists: No sales to US citizens. No extradition treaty: All are welcome."

lol
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:11:36 PM

Well that in the US is not forbidden vpn  Tongue
It looks strange, the United States is such a developed and advanced country, but US citizens can not participate in the ICO.

Stake VIP wager
kioicoin

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:33:29 PM

I think this depends on the project itself. Some projects they dont want to get trouble in future, so they ban the participation from US citiyens.
Usuadog

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:41:57 PM

A working proxy or any other type of information that will prove that the person is not in the USA is a nice effort to make it possible to participate in ICO's that restrict USA users.

rasho321

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:20:34 PM

To put this into perspective, the United States is quite strict when it comes to investment regulations. Only accredited investors can partake in private placements of securities. While some people would urge all cryptocurrency ICOs are tokens and not securities, regulators will have a very different opinion regarding this matter. A lot of the ICOs we have seen can be labeled as traditional sales of equity.

Once the SEC will effectively intervene in cryptocurrency ICOs – which is only a matter of time – things will get very interesting, to say the least. A lot of previous ICOs didn’t take the necessary steps to “deny” US citizens from investing. All of those projects and their teams are at the mercy of the SEC for the time being. Violating US securities laws is not something anyone wants to deal with. Additionally, these laws can also be enforced upon non-US companies, which makes it even more important to take countermeasures.
_ICOBroker_

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:05:07 PM

We are offering investors and traders from all over the world a chance to participate in any current or upcoming ICO.
We also pool together investments to acquire pre-sale bonuses, and have a proven record of trust and completed investments.
If you wish to participate in any upcoming ICO's, please visit us at http://icobroker.trade for more information,
or email us at info<AT>icobroker.trade
Our ANN thread can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2144224.0 

** Our current listed ICO's are outdated, but just let us know which ICO you are interested in. **
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:30:28 AM

The United States forbids ICO projects, but you can get identity information from other countries through underground channels so that you can formally participate in the ICO program.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 03:31:37 AM

Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???

of course you can dont let the rottshild bankster cartel manipulated regionalist parliament in washington dictate you what you to do

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:32:53 AM

US was first to ban ICO before china but there are always ways to join.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:40:37 AM

U.S. citizens can participate in some ico projects, but most are not willing to accept Chinese and U.S. citizens in ico because both Chinese and U.S. governments consider it illegal to finance the project.

Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:33:11 AM

Sorry, US citizens can not participate in the ICO, depending on US policy issues, you can buy some of your favorite ICO projects in the secondary market,

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:15:53 AM

Tell me if I am wrong, but as I know officially United States citizens should stay away from all ICO projects and never invest into them. However, I know some risky guys that use anonymizers and proxy and register there as the citizens of the other  countries.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:17:55 AM

Some ICOs allowed u.s citizen but most of them dont allow its prohibited in u.s.

bit247

Activity: 123

bitcoin.org

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:19:43 AM

as most of the ICOs are scam one way or another they don't because they are afraid about SEC

BTCitcoin: 35DtMsEK1g1xVMKh4V7beAyguiU9qcHwtF  || ETH: Hacked Sad
multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:16:58 AM

Yes and no. Probably because of the restrictions of crypto currencies in the US. That is why a lot of ICOs do not let US citizens to participate in their ICOs. Unfair it is, but that's just how things work. Nothing we can do about that.
But there are also a lot that accepts US citizens but there really aren't a lot that I have seen. But anyways, i wish this changes soon because a lot of US citizens are really into crypto currencies. This would really be great for the crypto world.
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:13:54 PM

I want this injustice to end. Crypto currency is created for independence from the government of the countries. It is very bad that US citizens are restricted in participating in the ICO. But so far this is really so.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: