Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:35:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???  (Read 1643 times)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:18:56 PM

It looks like you have a lot of good answers already.

Basically, a lot of ICOs exclude Chinese, Singaporean, and US citizens due to regulations and laws.
There is the option of using an escrow service, but then you would have to factor in the price to use that service.
This will significantly alter the cost per coin/token that you invest in.

With that being said, let me give you some quick advice on icos:

Avoid them.

I know it is tempting to jump in on one in hopes that you can get astronomical returns later, but just peruse the forums and you will get a general idea that most people lose money through icos or the returns aren't nearly a good as just putting money into bitcoin.
There is a sort of ICO bubble now where there are just too many.
Too many projects with not enough investors along with many icos going into the same sector with way too much competition.

Nowadays, you can easily get an ico coin for the ico price or even lower a couple weeks after it hits exchanges, much safer and wiser.
But i just seen the icos that doesn't really care about the sec regulation about the ico definition. As you can see there are some project that based on US that still runs the ico to get a lot of fund and they are only try to preventing US investors to participate in there. But i just curious there are some that allowed US investors to participate too.
Kingtmb

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:09:22 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 04:02:47 PM by Kingtmb

If I invested in an utility token ICO without knowing the US regulations, what should be done? I transferred ether, but haven't received any actual tokens from the ICO yet.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:18:14 AM

US Citizens are not allowed to participate in the majority of ICO's. US citizens may participate in ICO's which does not require KYC as all the participant needs to do is change their IP address to a country which is permitted to join.

Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:56:02 AM

Unfortunately, American citizens and Chinese citizens are not allowed to participate in ICO most of the time, but you can buy a VPN, so you can do ICO with foreign IP.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

Depends on the ICO. Some choose to be unregulated so as a result, US citizens cannot participate. However, there are projects who chose the be regulated and undergo legal procedures like Opporty--a US based company. The team is solid and the rating is high in ico reviews. You might want to check out the project, just see my signature below  Smiley
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:37:37 PM

Everyone in this forum is eligible to join ICO's but some bounty has the rank requirements to join their campaings. As long as you know how to obey rules and regulations of the ICO you are going to apply , all of us our eligible.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:44:29 PM

Depends on the ICO. Some choose to be unregulated so as a result, US citizens cannot participate. However, there are projects who chose the be regulated and undergo legal procedures like Opporty--a US based company. The team is solid and the rating is high in ico reviews. You might want to check out the project, just see my signature below  Smiley
For now America has not allowed citizens to participate in ico. but I do not yet know the new rules that apply in ico if citizens can participate in ico. it would be fun for american citizens

francojon

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:50:37 PM

Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???

Most of the ICO launchers would love to allow US citizens to invest. The problem is that the regulations make it very difficult to be compliant and the agencies in USA tend to bully the business unless they strictly align with their views. Is you live in the USA, just ask your representatives to change the law.
liangweicha

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

The U.S. and Chinese citizens are no longer allowed to participate in ICO, and South Korea may also ban its citizens from the ICO, which is becoming increasingly unfriendly. Angry

bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:00:39 PM

for us citizens are not allowed to participant. some ico's also allowed some ico's are not allowed be careful with that. check before joining.
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:14:26 PM

ICO market for United States citizens are not friendly, now a citizen of the United States cannot through KYC verification, but China also is such, want to attend the ICO can only buy KYC information on the black market, so it increases the risk.

iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:17:31 PM

Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???

Not all of them. In fact, only few ICOs are accepting US investors with severe rules. You can find this information in their WP or by asking the team.
grek_al

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:11:45 PM

ICO market for United States citizens are not friendly, now a citizen of the United States cannot through KYC verification, but China also is such, want to attend the ICO can only buy KYC information on the black market, so it increases the risk.
I also heard that Singapore does not allow citizens to participate in ICO. This is often found in the conditions of companies where there is a KYC verification
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:48:17 PM

just gone through a whitepaper few minutes ago and it said US citizens are not allowed to participate and i was just thinking about it, to at least know why it is so. for now many are still on the no option for US
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:06:34 PM

Why do you think so many ICO coins go through the moon after the ICO? It is because US citizens can't participate in the ICO, but it is easy for them to buy off the exchange after the ICO.

The US government is #1 at having no clue how technology works and #1 at protecting its banks - at the expense if its citizens.
anhlandibo12

Activity: 151

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:48:15 PM

I find ICOs very difficult to work in countries such as the USA and Mexico, and there are a number of ICOs that do not allow citizens in these countries to participate in their bounty because it affects the development of the ICO. But ICOs I recently participated in are welcome all citizens of the country so you feel free to participate in offline.

happy9z

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

What about if I am a citizen in USA, I also a citizen in VietNam?
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:45:22 PM

What about if I am a citizen in USA, I also a citizen in VietNam?

Depends on the ICO, of course. So you'll have to double check if they allow certain IPs only or what.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
brokkoly

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:23:33 PM

I have seen many times the rule that US citizens can not participate in sales of ICO, but at the same time I have seen many ICO, registered in the US. Those. In the USA, it's possible to making ICO, but it's restricted to participate their citizens   
Lindazz

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

I have seen many times the rule that US citizens can not participate in sales of ICO, but at the same time I have seen many ICO, registered in the US. Those. In the USA, it's possible to making ICO, but it's restricted to participate their citizens   
I have seen many ICO projects from the American team.
However, these programs are not open to American citizens, which is an interesting phenomenon.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: