Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:13:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird MyEtherWallet transactions. I may be compromised  (Read 267 times)
lakimens (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:36:18 PM

Ethplorer says I have 304 KickCoin(KC), but MyEtherWallet says I have 0. There's also a transaction that sends 304 KICK. I think KC are the old ones, I don't know what happened to my wallet, but I think it started the day of the fork.
There's also a transaction that sends out the POSToken I received a few days ago.
It's weird that there are tokens that I have for 15 days and they're still there, so there's a chance I might not be compromised.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:40:32 PM

Ethplorer says I have 304 KickCoin(KC), but MyEtherWallet says I have 0. There's also a transaction that sends 304 KICK. I think KC are the old ones, I don't know what happened to my wallet, but I think it started the day of the fork.
There's also a transaction that sends out the POSToken I received a few days ago.
It's weird that there are tokens that I have for 15 days and they're still there, so there's a chance I might not be compromised.
Are you putting in the right custom address for the coin? Sometimes there is copies of the coin that allow weird transaction numbers to showin the address.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:53:41 PM

Have you tried clicking show all tokens in your wallet?

Anyway, you have to show us more information like the transaction that send the KickCoin and PoSToken out, are both of the coins sent to the same address?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:55:26 PM

I also have a problem when I want to open myetherwallet .. when I want to check the number of coins, suddenly the coin is lost, .while I do not make transactions. I am panicked and confused because I check the number of coins remain zero (stable network conditions)
After a few hours the number of my coins is visible.
what might be there maintenance ..
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:37:06 PM

You need to put the right contract address for each of your token so that it will show up in your myetherwallet account. You can find the contract on the token's website or you can click the name of the token on ethplorer.io. It was also my problem when I started joining airdrops haha.
Blawks

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:52:34 AM

Seems like it's a kickcoin issue, not sure whats going on there..

If you have eth in your account and it hasn't been moved yet, I'm sure you're fine.

If you've been compromised your eth would be gone.. almost instantly.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:53:03 AM

How is it possible to compromise a MEW wallet ? Unless you gave your key to someone, it's impossible
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:07:55 AM

There is a fraudulent website that hacks coins in myetherwallet so make sure that you are typing the correct website url. The fake website is: myetlherwallet

As you can see, it is spelled wrongly. There are several people right now that is experiencing trouble accessing their wallets and oftentimes shows zero coins so double check so that you won't get hacked.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

I also know someone with the same problem with the POS token. There was a transaction going out too and the ether balances were wiped clean. I suggest you dump that wallet asap as it isn't just a simple malfunction--it is already compromised.

Gyro

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:28:35 PM

There is a fraudulent website that hacks coins in myetherwallet so make sure that you are typing the correct website url. The fake website is: myetlherwallet

As you can see, it is spelled wrongly. There are several people right now that is experiencing trouble accessing their wallets and oftentimes shows zero coins so double check so that you won't get hacked.

If you accidentally unlock your wallet at this fake site then your coins are already gone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: