Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: attn mods: please remove false feedback from my trust profile  (Read 1444 times)
johnblaze (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:26:43 AM

user CanadianGuy is now blatantly lying and posting false feedback, out of spite and revenge. i am requesting this feedback be removed. he has already stated publicly on the forums that he refuses to pay me, so in his own words he is lying in his feedback that he left for me. if you need further proof, i gave my btc address in the original bet thread, you can search the history on blockchain.info and see that he never sent me any coins

this guy is a self-admitted scammer and deserves to be tagged as such, and imo he should be permanently IP banned from this forum
johnblaze (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:45:24 AM

i don't know you, so i don't know whether you are a scammer or not. regardless, i've done nothing wrong, and this CanadianGuy must have steam shooting out of his ears at this point. he is trying to do anything he can to get out of paying.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:48:44 AM

Mods won't remove trust ratings.  that would defeat the purpose of them if they could be removed.  They are an indication of who trusts you and who doesn't.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:50:24 AM

user CanadianGuy is now blatantly lying and posting false feedback, out of spite and revenge. i am requesting this feedback be removed. he has already stated publicly on the forums that he refuses to pay me, so in his own words he is lying in his feedback that he left for me. if you need further proof, i gave my btc address in the original bet thread, you can search the history on blockchain.info and see that he never sent me any coins

this guy is a self-admitted scammer and deserves to be tagged as such, and imo he should be permanently IP banned from this forum

its the way of the board my friend. just be thankful you didn't piss off a mod. I pissed off TradeFortress and now he has tagged me as a scammer, and him and his little troll brigade won't stop harrassing me
You are extortion, a scammer. Doesn't matter if you haven't succeeded in scamming anyone.

You continued to ban evade despite the fact that you are perma banned from coinchat.org.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:08:06 AM

Unless you are donating 100% of the scammed amount to the victims, yes you're scamming.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:13:54 AM

You should stop ban evading, I just banned KneeGrowPlz.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:27:11 AM

Mods cannot remove false feedback, and we would prefer if it stayed this way, like on bitcoin-OTC. Before the complaints come in, note that I've a few false feedback either anyway.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:05:30 AM

[...]but then again why would you have a problem with a vigilante who exposes scams on bitcointalk.org? and as far as bdub i mistook him for kr4x, who scammed 500k GLD worth of GLD and turned his back on the GLD community. maybe i felt like paying him back a little bit. does it really count if you are scamming a scammer though?

A vigilante who shoots a murderer not in the course of a crime is also a murderer...
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:09:52 AM

[...]but then again why would you have a problem with a vigilante who exposes scams on bitcointalk.org? and as far as bdub i mistook him for kr4x, who scammed 500k GLD worth of GLD and turned his back on the GLD community. maybe i felt like paying him back a little bit. does it really count if you are scamming a scammer though?

A vigilante who shoots a murderer not in the course of a crime is also a murderer...

you're right, taking a persons life is the same thing as taking their money.

sarcasm off.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
johnblaze (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:11:55 AM

Mods cannot remove false feedback, and we would prefer if it stayed this way, like on bitcoin-OTC. Before the complaints come in, note that I've a few false feedback either anyway.

fair enough, i understand the rationale.

something should be done regarding CanadianGuy though, he should be given the scammer tag under his name
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:51:12 PM

you're right, taking a persons life is the same thing as taking their money.

sarcasm off.

Sigh... I wish people would learn to extrapolate (/interpolate as the case may be).

A vigilante who goes into a thief's house and takes his valuables is still a thief...

Happy now?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:49:00 AM

The hell happened to half the posts in this thread! Now everyone left is looking like idiots.  Undecided

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:51:47 AM

The hell happened to half the posts in this thread! Now everyone left is looking like idiots.  Undecided
I'll take your word that it wasn't that way already.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:05:14 PM

John,

How about a way to at least address the negative feedback?  They had something similar on Ebay (maybe it's still there haven't used it in years). 

For example, if johnblaze receives a negative feedback from CanadianGuy, he gets to make a small retort.  Perhaps a link to the scam accusation thread or a 160 char limited response.  This way people looking at feedback have a little more context without the trust system getting overly spammy.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:06:17 PM

John,

How about a way to at least address the negative feedback?  They had something similar on Ebay (maybe it's still there haven't used it in years). 

For example, if johnblaze receives a negative feedback from CanadianGuy, he gets to make a small retort.  Perhaps a link to the scam accusation thread or a 160 char limited response.  This way people looking at feedback have a little more context without the trust system getting overly spammy.

It's called a rebuttal, and I have screamed this to Theymos to no end. He just ignores it. Without a way to respond to negative feedback, there is no reputation system imo. It's just a slander system.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

It's called a rebuttal, and I have screamed this to Theymos to no end. He just ignores it. Without a way to respond to negative feedback, there is no reputation system imo. It's just a slander system.

Slander system as you call it is actually the correct implementation.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:21:19 PM

John,

Right, a rebuttal system would be nice to have.  It wouldn't change the score, but at least people could see why  something is.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:23:48 PM

John,

How about a way to at least address the negative feedback?  They had something similar on Ebay (maybe it's still there haven't used it in years).  

For example, if johnblaze receives a negative feedback from CanadianGuy, he gets to make a small retort.  Perhaps a link to the scam accusation thread or a 160 char limited response.  This way people looking at feedback have a little more context without the trust system getting overly spammy.

Right, a rebuttal system would be nice to have.  It wouldn't change the score, but at least people could see why  something is.

Not only "why", it would allow people to apologize for things, explain their circumstances, explain that the person is just a scammer/spammer/extortionist, etc. Reputation is a social thing. Allowing people to libel/slander against you without allowing you to apologize or defend yourself is taking all the benefits of society away and leaving all the negative parts.

johnblaze (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:52:48 AM

good ideas in this thread
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:23:52 PM

Why don't we just display the trust differently on the trust page.

Show a list of the usernames and beside each the feedback sent and the feedback received, this way you can make a rebuttal in the feedback you send to the person and it'll be easy to spot as it'll be right under the feedback that they left you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: