Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Times  (Read 12841 times)
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 01:26:28 AM

I am considering sponsoring this issue. How many BTC is required to make it downloadable for free?

You want to advertise in The Bitcoin Times?

Unfortunately I have nothing to advertise, just want to help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 01:30:56 AM

I am considering sponsoring this issue. How many BTC is required to make it downloadable for free?

Ok, I guess we'll just have "Sponsored by Makhul" in a page somewhere. I guess this is only going to happen when the advertiser failed to show up. In that case, I want at least 25 BTC.

Mahkul

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 01:40:17 AM

Ok, I guess we'll just have "Sponsored by Makhul" in a page somewhere. I guess this is only going to happen when the advertiser failed to show up. In that case, I want at least 25 BTC.

That's fine, just let me know. If that's ok with you, you can put in my Bitcoin address somewhere in there if someone feels like donating a few BTC.
ZeroPoint

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 05:10:20 AM

would I be taking over next issue, or would I get a bunch of stuff for this issue and have people be like "hey this needs to go out NOW!" Assuming the current issue is coming out this week.

Be patient. It will be coming out soon this week. If nobody applied by Tuesday, you get the job and manages the next issue after the next issue.

I will not commit to be the Lead Editor, but if chris200x9 wants any help I would be glad to do proofreading (grammar, spelling, punctuation, style/usage).  I have no interest in advertising / soliciting / organizing.  Let me know.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 06:45:02 AM

Hey that is perfect! Now, don't expect too much Bitcoins though. AFAIK we only have one advertiser which provides a small 2 digit figure. :/
I will be talking with kiba and you about adverting and how much space there is for it. I was thinking about 1 footer and 1 headers only.

Could you quickly have an article for tomorrow?(17:15 right now)

Unfortunately tomorrow is not possible.
I rather need until next friday so it will be on time for next weeks edition.

fabianhjr (OP)

Activity: 322

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 24, 2011, 02:28:32 PM

Ok then, see you next issue!
The issue is almost ready. Expected it really soon. Smiley

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 12:26:31 AM

I periodically check to see what is being said in the Local forums for the non-English languages.  Though I only can read posts written in English, viewing those forums is trivial thanks to modern browsers (e.g.,  Chrome) which translate -- however doing so is time consuming and often there appears to be much lost in the translation.

If anyone is wondering what they might contribute to the Bitcoin Times and happens to be multilingual, even just a paragraph or three highlighting the best of what was found in those forums over the past week would be something I would find quite worthwhile.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2011, 03:35:07 AM

I periodically check to see what is being said in the Local forums for the non-English languages.  Though I only can read posts written in English, viewing those forums is trivial thanks to modern browsers (e.g.,  Chrome) which translate -- however doing so is time consuming and often there appears to be much lost in the translation.

If anyone is wondering what they might contribute to the Bitcoin Times and happens to be multilingual, even just a paragraph or three highlighting the best of what was found in those forums over the past week would be something I would find quite worthwhile.

This would interest me as well. I used to go in there, but the signal to noise ration was low, probably because of translation issues. And there is probably more going on in there now too.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Mahkul

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 01:26:20 PM

In case anyone wanted to learn Polish I run my own forum on Bitcoin in Polish here:

http://bitcoin.pl/forum

I would be willing to translate some articles from Bitcoin Times to Polish (already translated the interview with Gavin and working on the Bitcoin Wiki in Polish - http://bitcoin.org.pl/wiki).
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 07:08:55 PM

I got the ads. Now I am just waiting for fabianhjr to add the Dragon Tales' ads.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 10:39:51 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2011, 10:58:48 PM by fabianhjr

Sorry for the delay, here it is!
Issue 1(Free)
-http://fabianhjr.co.cc/theBitcoinTimes/issue001.odt - ODT(Recommended)
-http://fabianhjr.co.cc/theBitcoinTimes/issue001.pdf -PDF

Please note I would love to hear your feedback on anything! Give us suggestions or submit an article! Pass it to your friends and so on.

MoneyTree

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

Nice!

I will download it and read it later. Thanks! I think the magazine could use some small advertisements. Why don't you just add some affiliate links and link those in the .pdf? If they are bitcoin related sites it makes nice content too?

What program did you use to publish it? Quark Express or something else?

Kind regards,

M
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 12:42:53 AM

There were quite a few spelling mistakes, Kiba's byline is very repetitive and in my opinion unprofessional. Also I think the mention of operationfabulous' bug fixes on 1/19/11 is repetitive. Some things could have been worded better too IMO. Great job though Smiley
fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 12:46:44 AM

Thanks, don't forget to donate anytime! This is "pay what you want" model. You can get the magazine for free and show your support for future issues just by donating to any of your favourite authors!

Also, since I don't track any visitor(Unless they cause a mess and I get a bunch of 403,404), please say if you read it at least! Feedback is really welcomed.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 12:50:18 AM

There were quite a few spelling mistakes, Kiba's byline is very repetitive and in my opinion unprofessional. Also I think the mention of operationfabulous' bug fixes on 1/19/11 is repetitive. Some things could have been worded better too IMO. Great job though Smiley

That's why we need an overzealous editor to frustrate us about our silly mistake!

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 01:32:19 AM

That's why we need an overzealous editor to frustrate us about our silly mistake!

I think it is a great job though, I was just trying to provide feedback.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 01:58:59 AM

The magazine's next issue will now be posted on next Wednesday.

Will the editor please choose the submission deadline and provide for an email address by which writers can submit their article?

Also, advertisers will have the same deadline as the writers'. If you want to advertise in The Bitcoin Times, please speak with the editor.

(Now, Chris200x9...time to start your job!)

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 12:02:01 AM

Hey, thanks to whoever donated 29 BTC. It is really appreciated. <3

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 02:54:35 AM

The official (can I make things official? I'm assuming yes, because I'm awesome) Bitcoin Times wallet just received 25 bitcoins but I have not received any email or PM so if this is for an ad please PM or email me, if you don't tough cookies. Tongue  If this was just a generous anonymous patron thank you.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 03:05:07 AM

The official (can I make things official? I'm assuming yes, because I'm awesome) Bitcoin Times wallet just received 25 bitcoins but I have not received any email or PM so if this is for an ad please PM or email me, if you don't tough cookies. Tongue  If this was just a generous anonymous patron thank you.

That's me. It's income from noagendamarket. He wish to advertise with us two times.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: