Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone else was using my account on this forum  (Read 264 times)
Dunge (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:32:30 PM

So I remember coming here in 2011 when I was curious about bitcoins, but never really done anything with it.

Today I receive an e-mail saying that a moderator deleted one of my post, so I log-in here (with my old password that was publicly leaked from yahoo ages ago) and I see 7 posts from last months that seems to be someone having a legit conversation, but that's definitively not me or anyone I know:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41871;sa=showPosts

I just switched my password, but I'm curious why would anyone use my identity here? What good could that give them? I'm also mostly curious if there's a wallet using my e-mail address somewhere or something similar.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 10:57:43 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 09:16:33 PM by BitMaxz

So I remember coming here in 2011 when I was curious about bitcoins, but never really done anything with it.

Today I receive an e-mail saying that a moderator deleted one of my post, so I log-in here (with my old password that was publicly leaked from yahoo ages ago) and I see 7 posts from last months that seems to be someone having a legit conversation, but that's definitively not me or anyone I know:

I just switched my password, but I'm curious why would anyone use my identity here? What good could that give them? I'm also mostly curious if there's a wallet using my e-mail address somewhere or something similar.

I think someone hacked your account and i think they are planning to use your account and make it  active to increase rank to use for campaign or use it to offer here in forum and scam someone. this is the purpose  of hacking your account..
To get more answer and report it to admin and go in meta section so that we know if your account was hack or not
Meta section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0
Just move it there you can see the move button below..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bahlulfahrul

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:06 PM

Maybe It used
By Hackers At 2014/2015
When The Forum Was Hacked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: