Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold a Funeral ?  (Read 623 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:52:47 AM

[snip]

People like U, like to compare BTG to ETH, look ETH is backed by REAL PHD's who spent their lives on this work and ETH made it work before it was released.

BTG on the other hand is all done in secrecy by masked people in CHINA, and then this prof starbuck ( github btcgpu ) they put in charge 2 weeks just did a video, in a smoke filled room with dirty-curtains, and a picture on a wall crooked, explaining why BTG is 'late' because they got ""DOS'd", turns out they didn't even use real servers, they used K-MART go-daddy and got dox'd

To compare a BTG which is owned by a GUY that own's 100's of similar alt-coin domains with ETH is insane, its just goes to show everyone here that the criminals that run BTG and all these alt's pay people to post on this forum.

All the people involved in ETH were famous before they even started ETH. All the people involved in BTG are known criminals.

i am not comparing ETH with BTG although they are both useless shitcoins.
i am just mentioning the similarities. things such as the the premine (72 million ETH versus 0.2 million BTG) the mineability of BTG and the potential that can offer for a pump in the future of it.
and in the end whether you accept it or not, both of them are same pump and dump scheme, one having a much bigger advertising campaign than the other.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:10:07 AM

Exactly as expected. Many people bought bitcoin just to get it and sell it. Free money!

You are right, because of the 1:1 ratio, most of the people bought btc to only get free bitcoin gold. After receiving it they sell it, now bitcoin gold price down drastically and we cant tell if it can recover its value.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:27:56 AM

This is no surprise at all. People were only waiting eagerly for the airdrop because they wanted to dump while it had value. I don't think anybody really viewed it as a serious fork.

Heck, people were already talking about Segwit2x when Bitcoin Gold hadn't dropped yet. That should be telling as to how seriously people take it. Rip Bitcoin Gold. You were fun when you airdropped.

probitcrypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

Yeah the main problem is of their dev team i think they are too lasy to make a stable code.
Untill today they have not figured out how they could build a stable wallet.
I am hoping next week they will come up with good codes.
But people will dump that anyway.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:42:08 AM

Highly expected this to happen as the Bitcoin gold dev team thought the community would be fine with 200k coins being premined. It hit YoBit exchange even before the actual fork happened and whoever sold early made a lot of fortune and that was it, nothing more than a plunge to the face of earth within the next days.
heppot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:49:24 AM

Yeah the main problem is of their dev team i think they are too lasy to make a stable code.
Untill today they have not figured out how they could build a stable wallet.
I am hoping next week they will come up with good codes.
But people will dump that anyway.
hopefully the bitcoin gold gives a positive effect for all of us and provides great benefits, but again if many people dump it we will not lose anything valuable because there are many other places in cryptocurrency that are far more useful useful and profitable.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:51:21 AM

Well i'm not surprised that Bitcoin Gold is going down. Bitcoin cash compared to BTG
Bitcoin cash has alot of supporters rather than Bitcoin Gold only afew did back BTG up. I'll not be surprised if another fork goes down to Bloody red again. Bitcoin would still be the top of the cryptocurrencies on the market.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:02:38 AM

Bitcoin Gold, The new fork that occurred 24 October, failed as expected.
The price plunged 66% after it trading, the whole idea is just stupid ! a fork of bitcoin mean, some people will profit of the
free coins and sell them instantly after trading start, who knows the price might not be stable even for minutes !

No doubt that this will not succeed even further because people are getting used to what is happening and a split because of Hard Fork is not that scary part for them, Bitcoin(original) is the 1st and will last Bitcoin for me and there is no Bitcoin Hard Fork coins can change that so to those people that's supporting a newly Fork coins is just a wanna be investor that wants a huge profit inside of it.

If there is a future upcoming Hard Fork when Bitcoin will upgrade again its scaling I think it is normal for it to have a Hard Fork and people will just watch it and look at it as a normal event just like any other else that is happening in the world, Bitcoin is indeed getting stronger as time passes by and the users of it is also benefiting with that.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:10:27 AM

Highly expected this to happen as the Bitcoin gold dev team thought the community would be fine with 200k coins being premined. It hit YoBit exchange even before the actual fork happened and whoever sold early made a lot of fortune and that was it, nothing more than a plunge to the face of earth within the next days.

Even in last time fork also BCH value reduced to ground value again. This is the same thing happens this time also. Please go with the ethereum or bitcoin to invest all the time. BCH and BTG are not good option for the investors.
I am still not sure how to get the BTG reward from the coinbase wallet. but they have sent a reward information via email.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:15:15 AM

I think it is too early to bury the bitcoin gold. Now the coin should drop in price. Do you think in the world there are idiots who are handing out free expensive coins. If bitcoin gold will live a year or two, its price will fluctuate at the level of zero. When users lose confidence in this coin and sell their stocks of whales will buy all the stock of coins. Only then we can expect growth of the price.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:17:32 AM

Yeah it seems to have significantly less support than Bitcoin cash, I mean how many exchanges are even trading Bitcoin Gold?
Normally, I'd say to wait a bit before coming to conclusions, but I don't see Bitcoin gold making a recovery.

goldchain

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:25:02 AM

This Bitcoin Gold didn't give too much credits to the users. Thus, its price is plunged instantly only after a newborn.

A newborn turns into a dead corpse - now that's an interesting story.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:34:25 AM

that is what anyone who tries to abuse "bitcoin brand" will get and they deserve it.
forks like bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash and possibly a lot of other bitcoin banks will have the same fate, nobody wants them and nobody believes in their future. and they don't have any either. that makes for a nice massive dump by anyone who receives these tokens and the price crashes hard.

they will always have pump and dumps for a while though, then they meet their inevitable doom.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:53:37 PM

Bitcoin Gold have few good idea, but it's badly executed followed with crazy idea such as premine and ICO attempt (or the developer want free money by fork). Even Bitcoin Cash have bigger community, (maybe) better developer and have some places which accept it.

I totally agree with you. But as much information I am reading, as much I am having doubts about if is just "good intentions but bad planned and executed" or if they are bad planned in propose, because maybe the only intention was to create a short gate for getting fast money, so they would not care too much about the execution protocols...

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:59:19 PM

For some reason this currency didn't get enough supporters to keep it up (lack of profissionalism? Organization?). The expectations about the November Hard Fork are better, so I think the main problem isn't the Hard Fork itself, but the way it was made by the developers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Aba

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:11:00 AM

Many people are in a hurry to sell BTC gold, so the sales volume of BTG increases and purchases are very few, they sell BTG with concern that BTG will not last. another possibility is the habit of people to immediately sell free crypto as is common in the crypto earn from airdroop
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: