Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt buying time  (Read 3616 times)
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:02:30 AM

it is very difficult to predict the future without any information that can be a pedestal. personally I have not dared to buy altcoin and better wait and be a little more patient to determine the right time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:24:38 AM

As of this writing, the price of BTC stills go down and like what have you said, it became more stabilized unlike these past few days. I would suggest to buy right now and don't wait for the fork to come. With this, once the price rise up the coins that you bought will come along the boat. This is just my opinion only and its really hard to predict the future. I'm just basing my decision on my hunch and not on purely hard facts.

There are times that when BTC arises the demand of alts decreases and so on with the price. But as of this current situation, once it continues until the fork. Then what I have suggested will most likely come true.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:28:46 AM

it is very difficult to predict the future without any information that can be a pedestal. personally I have not dared to buy altcoin and better wait and be a little more patient to determine the right time.
The best time to buy altcoin when the price of the altcoin gets plunged caused by the bitcoin's hype. yesterday seems to be the best time to buy it. I was buying some and they are all jumping back and i got decent profit.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:32:22 AM

Should I start buying alts now? Bitcoin seems like it stabilized but it can go up anytime to $8k is what I worry about. There's still about 2 weeks until the fork,  what can I expect?
Just buy bitcoin and hold it's a sure way to gain profit. If you buy bitcoin now you will get btcg then that is a gain in you side. However in my own opinoin there will be a new support in the gragh of bitcoin after the fork and it is not to worry about.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:35:09 AM

Should I start buying alts now? Bitcoin seems like it stabilized but it can go up anytime to $8k is what I worry about. There's still about 2 weeks until the fork,  what can I expect?
I thing you should still hold as it is not a wise decision to buy any altcoins now as there are weak again bitcoin. Bitcoin is doing well and I think it might get to $8000 before the fork.  I have also noticed that most of the altcoins will find it very difficult to recover because of the image damage made buy China regulatory authority and Russia central bank. We have to wait for some time to see if there can withstand the pressure of media before buy altcoins as bitcoin has proves to be able to withstood them.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:40:26 AM

You are ready to purchase right now. I would split your investment into 3 stages

1 would buy now the projects are considered successful
2 it is likely that the cue ball will go even higher and violas will penetrate the second bottom this time purchase close 15 November and the upcoming fork
3 is when the fork will happen and making sure that everything is fine to buy the rest

High risk high payoff
sexycoin69

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:59:03 AM

wait one more week for prices to hit rock bottom, once it does rack up the profits. just my two cents

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:44:59 AM

i think you can buy by small amount first to test the market and if there is any significant movement for the coins, then you can buy again or sell it right away. if we can get the different price from buy and sell price then i am sure that we can make profit from the coins, beside that we can make analyze to know where the coins wants to move. but be careful because bitcoin price is up and down like this and if we are buy without making analyze then we can get trapped in the high price.
dettihegedus

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:05:28 AM

it is a good time to buy bitcoin  now, it is rising higher because of there is an upcomming segwit2x on 15 november therefore so many are paying their money in bitcoin but altcoins is still dropping now, and it also a good time to buy altcoin too, but you should spend most of  your money in bitcoin, not in altcoin too much.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
kharismac999

Activity: 656
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:49:28 AM

For now only bitcoin in my bag. I think, i will buy altcoin after november 15th.
Ethereum in watching. I hope Eth price will up after btc segwit.

ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:54:45 AM

But please note: I can't recommend to buy altcoins right now, because they will keep decreasing until BTC hard fork on the 16th. Best time to buy is shortly before fork or immediately after (if you want to benefit from fork too).
I do the same!
nightrader

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:20:37 PM

It's pretty much impossible trying to pick the exact right coin at the exact right time.
I tried timing the market and buying stuff. Lost almost half my stack like that lol. Things are too crazy in the crypto world unless you have insider information. I started following teeka tiwari's recommendations and I got into Monero, Zen, OMG, and GAS. Easiest 800% of my life lol. It makes sense because he's connected to all the heads of the crypto world and travels everywhere meeting developers and shit, has all that upcoming information.

Now I go 100% ham on whatever he says to buy, it's been working amazing for me.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:32:36 PM

Bitcoin is nowhere near stable at the moment. The price could easily drop sub $5000 and could easily sell over $10,000. At the moment we are in the middle of nowhere price-wise, but a good nowhere that is. If you don't mind the risk, buy and hold, then sell in January, there must be some profit there. I don't trust the alts for a short term trade. If you don't mind holding for a long time, then some Alts can come into play.
invitro

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:22:18 PM

It's definitely time to buy now. After the fork bitcoin will plummet and altcoins will rise
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:39:37 PM

I would wait one week more before to buy altcoins. Bitcoin is still on the pamp, just a little correction and then ,probably we will see 9-10k $, and just after hardfork I'm waiting a long long correction and then the growth of altcoins, i hope so .

Only setwit2x and no hardfork at this time. I will also buy altcoin because the Bitcoin price after setwit2x will drop very fast and maybe this will make all altcoin get the best return and prices will continue to increase.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:45:32 PM

I would wait one week more before to buy altcoins. Bitcoin is still on the pamp, just a little correction and then ,probably we will see 9-10k $, and just after hardfork I'm waiting a long long correction and then the growth of altcoins, i hope so .

Only setwit2x and no hardfork at this time. I will also buy altcoin because the Bitcoin price after setwit2x will drop very fast and maybe this will make all altcoin get the best return and prices will continue to increase.
Everyone's hoping this to happen, the recovery of the altcoins. Now altcoins are almost half-priced in terms of bitcoin before this bullish price increase. So for those who bought altcoins that time, should really wait a very big dip in bitcoin price to recover the alts and gain profits. After the segwit 2x, do you think the price will go to a very big dip? I think, it won't.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
fixincomp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:54:26 PM

I also think it's a good time for buying alts. As I have some spare fiat lying around, I was thinking about buying bitcoin now and sell that bitcoin for alts ~3 days before the fork.

Do you think this is "safe" or would you go straight into alts?
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:09:04 PM

Sorry, is segwit2x not hardfork? I'm wrong with the definition? Bitcoin is going to devide in two different chains. A hard fork  is a radical change to the protocol that makes previously invalid blocks/transactions valid (or vice-versa), and as such requires all nodes or users to upgrade to the latest version of the protocol software. So, that's not hard fork? Correct me , please, if I'm not right .

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
dilshan007

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:41:50 PM

wait, arfter Segwit2X  is the best time to buy alt
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:04:14 PM

As of this writing, the price of BTC stills go down and like what have you said, it became more stabilized unlike these past few days. I would suggest to buy right now and don't wait for the fork to come. With this, once the price rise up the coins that you bought will come along the boat. This is just my opinion only and its really hard to predict the future. I'm just basing my decision on my hunch and not on purely hard facts.

There are times that when BTC arises the demand of alts decreases and so on with the price. But as of this current situation, once it continues until the fork. Then what I have suggested will most likely come true.

The bitcoin price just went down 5% from the all time high. I do not think it is a big price drop.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: