Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obelisk tech to release Miner for Decred with the DCR1  (Read 3988 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

Looking for the most ‘reputable’ decred calculator.

Also ordered one 1st batch. Anyone remember the supposed ship date?

Thanks. Don’t trust the calcs for decred I found.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

End of June 30th but they will try to release sooner. I have heard no updates from obelisk tech yet. Hopefully they release on time or earlier bc Chinese decred miners are hitting the streets already.
d2bg

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:36:01 PM

End of June 30th but they will try to release sooner. I have heard no updates from obelisk tech yet. Hopefully they release on time or earlier bc Chinese decred miners are hitting the streets already.

Where does one find these Chinese miners?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:08:51 PM

I thought that was SC-1 siacoin miner at that date? And decred 2 months later?

Hope I’m dead wrong.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lunobird

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

I thought that was SC-1 siacoin miner at that date? And decred 2 months later?

Hope I’m dead wrong.

Ya I am exactly not sure,  This miner was a speculative bet wild card for me,  Whatever happens, happens, I only risk would I could afford to lose on this.  Maybe this might be a rare collector item in the future, While everyone calls them bricks, I think they tell a good history in crypto mining and some museum may collect it 10 years from now. Hodl your asic miners.
saiDaMinhaAba

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:27:08 PM

Selling 1 coupon for Obelisk Asic ($250 discount). Pm me ;]
lunobird

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:30:06 PM

Here is an email I got when I asked about the release date for the 1st batch of the DCR1.   Im still staying hopeful.

"Thanks for the support!  We are working very hard these days to get things out on time!

We will be sending out a more detailed update next week with near-final specs and production updates.

The short answer is that we are currently on track to ship Obelisk Batch 1 as scheduled, by June 30.

We can't comment on specs until the testing that is currently in progress is complete, but as of yesterday, we have fully-packaged ASIC chips in house and testing is in progress.

Our update email should have more on the specs.

Thanks, "
dmch387688

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:56:08 PM

I hope someone is is watching these post.  I ordered a batch 2 decred miner.  wired the money but never got a confirmation.  I email Obelisk this week and was told they have no record of my order but not to worry.  Here is the email:

Jeremy from Obelisk (hello@obelisk.tech)
To:you Details
Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out! So I doubled checked our system I do not show that we received a wire transfer for your order. Before you panic, that does not mean that is was not sent. Our bank unexpectedly closed our wire account due to attempted fraudulent use of our information. This caused a number of our transfers to not arrive correctly.

If you would check with your bank to ensure the funds were not returned to them or are not awaiting further instructions we will begin the investigation process. If they show it was successful on their end we simply need a few pieces of information to track it down.

a.) Name on the wire
b.) The order number that was included on the wire
c.) A picture or pdf of the successful wire that included a reference number. This is important as it is how our bank will be able to locate it in the system.

After I receive this information I will pass it along to the financial team for them to work on. There is no need to worry, they are very good at their job and have located every missing wire we know about.

We do apologize for the issue, it is one of the reasons we had to switch to only accepting Bitcoin as payment.

I look forward to your reply.

Jeremy
Obelisk Support

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 08:34 am, hello@obelisk.tech wrote:

Thank you so much for contacting Obelisk! This is an automated response. Be sure to check out the info below and browse our FAQ.

Our Batch 5 sale is currently closed.
Watch our site for info on what's next.

If you are waiting for a payment confirmation email
This will take about 1 day for Bitcoin payments.

If the website is showing any incorrect information
Make sure you clear your cache and refresh the page.

Thanks so much for your patience and support. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

– Team Obelisk

Discord | Twitter | Reddit

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 03:34 pm +0200, notifications@helpdocs.io wrote:

I ordered a batch 2. I never did get a confirmation email. The wire was sent and has cleared. Also how do i sign to check my order. The site keeps saying my email is invalid however i used the same email to order

So we preorder and they cant manage the orders?Huh/    I'm smelling a scam

lunobird

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:20:39 PM

I hope someone is is watching these post.  I ordered a batch 2 decred miner.  wired the money but never got a confirmation.  I email Obelisk this week and was told they have no record of my order but not to worry.  Here is the email:

Jeremy from Obelisk (hello@obelisk.tech)
To:you Details
Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out! So I doubled checked our system I do not show that we received a wire transfer for your order. Before you panic, that does not mean that is was not sent. Our bank unexpectedly closed our wire account due to attempted fraudulent use of our information. This caused a number of our transfers to not arrive correctly.

If you would check with your bank to ensure the funds were not returned to them or are not awaiting further instructions we will begin the investigation process. If they show it was successful on their end we simply need a few pieces of information to track it down.

a.) Name on the wire
b.) The order number that was included on the wire
c.) A picture or pdf of the successful wire that included a reference number. This is important as it is how our bank will be able to locate it in the system.

After I receive this information I will pass it along to the financial team for them to work on. There is no need to worry, they are very good at their job and have located every missing wire we know about.

We do apologize for the issue, it is one of the reasons we had to switch to only accepting Bitcoin as payment.

I look forward to your reply.

Jeremy
Obelisk Support

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 08:34 am, hello@obelisk.tech wrote:

Thank you so much for contacting Obelisk! This is an automated response. Be sure to check out the info below and browse our FAQ.

Our Batch 5 sale is currently closed.
Watch our site for info on what's next.

If you are waiting for a payment confirmation email
This will take about 1 day for Bitcoin payments.

If the website is showing any incorrect information
Make sure you clear your cache and refresh the page.

Thanks so much for your patience and support. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

– Team Obelisk

Discord | Twitter | Reddit

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 03:34 pm +0200, notifications@helpdocs.io wrote:

I ordered a batch 2. I never did get a confirmation email. The wire was sent and has cleared. Also how do i sign to check my order. The site keeps saying my email is invalid however i used the same email to order

So we preorder and they cant manage the orders?Huh/    I'm smelling a scam

Not a scam, They had banking wire issues which is not surprising since most banks are anti crypto and will screw you over.  Just keep emailing/call them to sort it out.
llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:37:52 AM

People are selling batch 2 Obelisk miners for less than the new batch price (and you'll receive them sooner, too) on the Discord channel.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:42:24 AM

People are selling batch 2 Obelisk miners for less than the new batch price (and you'll receive them sooner, too) on the Discord channel.

I should do this...but they are MY doorstops damn it......(er wait ...that is the 5 obelisk sc-1 siacoin miners.....)

er...nevermind...I'm getting my ONE decred miner (August? 2018) 2nd batch? for FREE...or/er/well for 4 800 buck 1/2 off coupons...and the other $800 covered

(tried to talk my buddy out of it ..but he is a whale and got like 15 decred miners so WTF...no one listens to me...)

So, for once I may actually KNOW I can ROI on an ASIC unit of some kind! Just have to beat $1 over the electric cost!

(Dare to Dream!) ...er but than again...I have 5 obelisk doorstops...so meh! Sad

llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:50:57 AM

I should do this...but they are MY doorstops damn it......(er wait ...that is the 5 obelisk sc-1 siacoin miners.....)

er...nevermind...I'm getting my ONE decred miner (August? 2018) 2nd batch? for FREE...or/er/well for 4 800 buck 1/2 off coupons...and the other $800 covered

(tried to talk my buddy out of it ..but he is a whale and got like 15 decred miners so WTF...no one listens to me...)

So, for once I may actually KNOW I can ROI on an ASIC unit of some kind! Just have to beat $1 over the electric cost!

(Dare to Dream!) ...er but than again...I have 5 obelisk doorstops...so meh! Sad

Yeah, I have a few of each coming in Batch 2. Wishful thinking? I hate to sell at the going rate among miners and I can't bring myself to knowingly weasel some noob on ebay, so I guess I'm left with overclocking and cheap KWHs.

Ben271286

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

I love this Game!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:52:29 AM

Maybe SC wil hit 1$ over 10 years..then we are all good! Cheesy
dmch387688

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:39:34 PM

ok I spent 2 hours at the bank today.....mostly just waiting to talk with a rep.  Turns out my wire was cancelled because of a wrong account number.   Must have been a typo in Obelisk's directions because my wire transfer is exactly what is on the directions.   I'm on the fence about this one.  Should I let it go or go ahead with the purchase?  Batch 2 cost was $1679.   I do have a dragon mint b29.   Im about 50% ROI at mining from 12 Apr ( 26 Days?)  When I spend money on crypto equipment I never spend more than I can lose and immediately write off the costs.   Thats whats causing why my indecision.  The more I think about it I should probably keep mining with my $10.5 K dragon and save that 1679 for my next asic........what would you do? 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:00:33 PM

ok I spent 2 hours at the bank today.....mostly just waiting to talk with a rep.  Turns out my wire was cancelled because of a wrong account number.   Must have been a typo in Obelisk's directions because my wire transfer is exactly what is on the directions.   I'm on the fence about this one.  Should I let it go or go ahead with the purchase?  Batch 2 cost was $1679.   I do have a dragon mint b29.   Im about 50% ROI at mining from 12 Apr ( 26 Days?)  When I spend money on crypto equipment I never spend more than I can lose and immediately write off the costs.   Thats whats causing why my indecision.  The more I think about it I should probably keep mining with my $10.5 K dragon and save that 1679 for my next asic........what would you do? 

I'd punt..it is not looking like you'd get your investment back....I have a buddy who used 4 of my 1/2 coupons on this ..also batch 2 I think....and for the coupons he covered
the last $800 for me (tried to talk him out of it)..so we have 1/2 off coupons and it is looking iffy...

by the by, I'd put some major money on Bitmain having a Decred miner out by August 30th when I think the 2nd batches are supposed to ship

so hell, we don't think we are going to ROI...at 1/2 off ...I'd punt myself....I could be lucky and wrong...but again ...beware of Bitmain, that is my bet on them doing a decred

miner and the usual, dump them out like 'toasters'

Myself, I'm getting ONE Obelisk Decred Miner for the coupons for free....so no harm at my end....but with the other considerations of folks NOT swapping coupons for equipment

not looking good (then again for those 5 coupons...1/2 off ...I have 5 dubious siacoin sc1 miners in the wind...so there is that little fly in the ointment!)

ie....run!

brad

Ben271286

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

I love this Game!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Latest Update from today:

https://medium.com/obelisk-blog/obelisk-update-january-may-2018-739229a930ec

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:59:37 PM

This usually happens. Pretty much no different than 2012-2013 when I think it was Butterfly labs was taking preorders for their ASICs.

Same happened in 2014 with KnCMiner and their Neptune miners.

All were delivered very late and were pretty much door stops.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

This usually happens. Pretty much no different than 2012-2013 when I think it was Butterfly labs was taking preorders for their ASICs.

Same happened in 2014 with KnCMiner and their Neptune miners.

All were delivered very late and were pretty much door stops.

pretty much said the same thing on the other thread (see link below) Although, KNC miner had their 1st chips out in 3 months from design/chip and unit..fudged up after that thou...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060294.msg36716928#msg36716928

So their gamble on TSMC of a 1-year production...did NOT work out ..(maybe)

the last ASIC chip as you said we're missed 4 or more times (they kept screwing up at the wafer end)...So Obelisk must have gotten a pretty

good rate from them to try this again..and it still took 1 year! KNC Miner in 2014 had a chip designed/out/in machines in 3 months!

Anyway, it is probably 'moot' anyway, the network that the ASIC's are to work with, does not look near ready to me...with the Bitmain Sia-tech units

and the Decred miner, Bitmain will likely have out in the next 2 months....well...doorstops indeed

anyway, hope I'm wrong, but was my 'fear' as soon as they announced TSCM chips and a 1-year delay, to be sure, seems they ate up that year

already..

cluster

brad

wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:10:41 PM

Easy answer.  Just stop doing preorders.  Need to learn from history, it will usually end bad if you preorder something.  Less risk if product is in hand (although you will either pay more or the payouts will be less than originally thought.)  Either way preordering equipment months in advance that literally are useless in less than 12 months lately is too much....

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀