Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:05:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is there any point in getting to 5 posts  (Read 1306 times)
TomH (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:56:13 AM

I can't justify getting more hardware (I recently got a 7950), and with mining rewards going down, down, down, and the difficulty soon to rise, it looks like I'm soon going to have to give up mining before I even get to 5 forum posts mark  Cry
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:09:07 AM

You still have a chance. Don't mine bitcoin directly mine alternate coins like WDC,DGC or my most favourite PXC. And keep them for atleast 2 months and you will definitely have more profit then you can even imagine.

I am mining WDC at the moment with my single 7950.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:14:48 AM

You still have a chance. Don't mine bitcoin directly mine alternate coins like WDC,DGC or my most favourite PXC. And keep them for atleast 2 months and you will definitely have more profit then you can even imagine.

I wouldn't say "definitely." Any alt-coins can crash at any time (just like BTC could). While you probably WILL make more doing alts, it isn't guaranteed.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:19:01 AM

I wouldn't say "definitely." Any alt-coins can crash at any time (just like BTC could). While you probably WILL make more doing alts, it isn't guaranteed.

He said that he has bought the card so he has no other chance. He must mine alts to have a profit. And I agree to that alts can also crash at any time. But the fact is that all of them can't crash at the same time.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:23:34 AM

He said that he has bought the card so he has no other chance. He must mine alts to have a profit. And I agree to that alts can also crash at any time. But the fact is that all of them can't crash at the same time.

All it takes is for the alt you're mining to crash to turn your ROI from x% to 0%.

And I agree that alts are the best choice, but claiming one is a better choice than the others, with how young they still are, doesn't make sense. If anything, LTC would be the best choice and even it's still in limbo right now.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:24:17 AM

I agree, mining alt coins will give you extra life out of your video cards. I'm about to build a new mining rig that uses 4 x 7970's in it JUST FOR Litecoin mining. Mind you, there are other litecoins that are more volatile if that's your thing. But fear not! Your video card won't be wasted!
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:27:25 AM

I agree, mining alt coins will give you extra life out of your video cards. I'm about to build a new mining rig that uses 4 x 7970's in it JUST FOR Litecoin mining. Mind you, there are other litecoins that are more volatile if that's your thing. But fear not! Your video card won't be wasted!

7950 would be easy to configure with better hash and price ratio. 7970s are not worth the extra price.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:28:40 AM

7950 would be easy to configure with better hash and price ratio. 7970s are not worth the extra price.

What's the difference in power usage though? That could be a huge selling point depending. Even if the 7970 has a higher upfront investment, saving $2-3 a day could easily make it worth the extra cost.

nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:32:19 AM

What's the difference in power usage though? That could be a huge selling point depending. Even if the 7970 has a higher upfront investment, saving $2-3 a day could easily make it worth the extra cost.

You are right but it needs extra effort to get hardware break even.

chkgk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:34:07 AM

I can only agree that the 5 post barrier is pretty ridiculous.
Clever_kaufen

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:59:43 AM

Newbie Post Counts are shitty .. because the most people want to say something thats the reason why im here .. now im must talk shit and count posts...
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 11:01:32 AM

Well if you post spam those 5 posts will be enough to identify you as a scammer. Simple as that.

Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:17:47 AM

@OP: You can still make the 5 posts I'd say. Also mining is by far not the only way of making BTC. I quit mining alltogether and still I am happy.

But I have to admit that I never started expecting to get rich over it. I liked the idea of a unified world wide online currency that has the potential to replace all those annoying payment providers like paypal, click2pay, click and buy and so forth. For the time being I use faucets, PTC sites and Tasksites to make some Bitcents here and there which at least is enough to pay for my gaming addiction and fill my steam gamelist.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:39:10 AM

Well if you post spam those 5 posts will be enough to identify you as a scammer. Simple as that.

lol, this is so true. Sadly I don't think spammers are banned though... It would be better if they would require that you make 5 posts, then it would ping the mods to review them and manually move people out of newbie status.

bobinson

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:00:24 PM

Newbie Post Counts are shitty .. because the most people want to say something thats the reason why im here .. now im must talk shit and count posts...
Same for me, I came to report a bug and I have to go through all this
iram9018

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 12:12:05 PM

I think this is to stop spam. Have you tried mining feathercoin?

bobinson

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:16:03 PM

I have tried mining feathercoin, but I think the difficulty is a bit high now to get a substancial amount easily
Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:09:51 PM

I have tried mining feathercoin, but I think the difficulty is a bit high now to get a substancial amount easily

yup, not easy especially with my old GPU

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:15:54 PM

You're not going to get rich off anything, unless you either have a LOT of cash to invest in the very beginning (ex. right after a coin is released) or you already have a nice farm set up to jump on them as soon as they pop up.

markt. Kreation

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:22:06 PM

Ontopic: The point is.. well is just a test of dignity.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: