Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BetterBitcoinBureau Introduction!!!  (Read 3157 times)
WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:58:40 PM

Wondering if there is any interest in this project.
I wish it would of caught on more because we would have a more clear log of the experiences people have had.
Im going to be messing with it a little, so if you check it out and something doesnt work right its just me fiddling.
I am re-implementing openid.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 01:56:33 PM

The idea is good, of course.

I would suggest that design should be more like those SSL sites, with like a shield or something, which can be placed on people's site?

Is this a bug?

Opera 11.50

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
btcmerchant

Activity: 60

btcmerchant

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 02:03:38 PM

While I applaud you for trying to help innovate the community, I will say right now there's quite a few other sites doing things similar to your site.  my site btcmerchants.com contains merchant reviews, comments, and detailed listings of businesses accepting bitcoin, but keep at it and I'm looking forward to see the site evolve!
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 02:16:40 PM

Here's some criticism (I hope constructive Smiley )

* Why do you have both Name and Username? I've entered exactly the same into both, so why not merge them?

* Why do I have to supply my name and email when posting an experience if I am already logged in?

* Also, the whole process of submitting experiences is wrong in my opinion. You should look into sites that already do such things as customer feedback and take ideas from them.

In my opinion, people should just be able to post negative or positive comments about a service and a rating...

Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 03:06:52 PM

Oh yeah, and you definitely should change the font in your logo.

The "funny" font is probably not a very good choice for a trust bureau Smiley

WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 03:41:33 PM

Lol
I made this in june overnight.

The reason the login has problems on some screens is because there is open id as an option.
I should eliminate everyother option and it would be cleaner.
Those bugs dont happen on my comp though.

Thanks for the suggestion. Im not trying to be a bureau of much, just a place where you can log in seo friendly manner your experience.

In my opinion, people should just be able to post negative or positive comments about a service and a rating...

Thats what you can do...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: