Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:19:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100.000 new coinbase users in 24 hours.  (Read 1364 times)
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:59:53 PM

That is absolutely insane to think about because so many of them are newbs and will be holding their coins on the exchange. Oh well, if people keep trusting centralized services they're only going to lose out in the end like in the past. They're going to have to start trusting peer to peer services and start trusting the Blockchain to be the new universal public ledger that everyone can count on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:03:13 PM

I’ve come across this news:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-exchange-coinbase-adds-100000-users-in-24-hrs-shows-surging-interest-in-crypto

At first, I couldn’t believe it, 100.000 new users are a lot of users. The article says it is due to CME announcement but what I think as a result of it is that it is just the beginning of the next push. Unless some major unexpected event happens, we are on a bull market for a while.

100,000 new users within 24hrs is quite a massive impression to make and its something to also be happy about and I really don't see why someone already in the crypto industry won't be happy about here because it then mean what we are looking forward to in relation to the penetration of bitcoin is happening sooner than we thought.

Where concerns need to be raised is if the people involved are really new users and not the same set of users who are just populating the numbers or if they are really new, are they making informed decisions about making decision based on the understanding of what bitcoin is all about rather than been ruled by the greed of making "cheap money".
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:35:36 PM

Another good news Smiley The massive increase in 100,000 users show that more people are interested to know about Bitcoin. This is a good sign for crypto. Let’s hope for more BTC adoption.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:41:00 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-exchange-coinbase-adds-100000-users-in-24-hrs-shows-surging-interest-in-crypto

At first, I couldn’t believe it, 100.000 new users are a lot of users. The article says it is due to CME announcement but what I think as a result of it is that it is just the beginning of the next push. Unless some major unexpected event happens, we are on a bull market for a while.

It's sad to see how all of these people will most likely lose their bitcoins because they are too stupid to learn more beyond "buying bitcoin on coinbase".

One has to be delusional to not think an huge percentage of these coins are going to stay there, at the mercy of coinbase's policy on hard forks. If they decide that S2X is BTC, the noobs will not realize they are holding S2X. Once S2X gets dumped into oblivion, they will have lost purchasing power, which coinbase should be responsible for, but they will pass it on the contract, which leads to noobs getting scammed because they are noobs.
lucifochrome

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:51:36 PM

This is great news not just for coinbase but for the bitcoin market, as many investors come in, the demand will be high so the price will  be rising up. This is good news for everyone specially for those people who hodl their bitcoin for quite some time now, talking about 3 to 4 years or more. This is going to be a huge profit to them. However i don't know much about coinbase but most people are saying negative things about the company so if these small time investors experienced some difficulties with coinbase some of them may not be investing anymore.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:39:27 PM

Well this might be the reason in the sudden price increase of bitcoin. The reason why we are not able to forecast any upcoming correction. Its good to hear that more and more people are connecting themselves with this crypto. Mass adoption and reducing hurdles is the only way to adopt btc as a world currency.

Surely this sudden price rise has attracted a lot of users and no doubt that it will also help to inc. the market cap of BTC.
But the question is How long will this price remain??? coz I don't think these new users really believe in BTC as a global currency. They attracted to BTC just to earn few bucks out of it, and they will exit as soon as they achieved their target profit. These new users are just speculators, not the real Investors.
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:51:14 PM

We need to increase crypto users by exponentials numbers. So BTC can go above the moon.
I read about india will add 500k users monthly: https://cointelegraph.com/news/india-goes-bitcoin-zebpay-will-add-500k-users-monthly-by-2018
Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:53:25 PM

Probably it is because of the news of segwite2x new coin for coinbase users, thats a big news for crypto lovers.
AltCoinProject

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:09:31 PM

80% of them wonder about BitCoin. I guess forking makes down price of BitCoin and BTG fork affect them badly.

For Sale http://www.altcoinproject.com-http://www.altcoinproject.org domain names. Price 1 BTC
FreeLance Media Manager...
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:24:26 PM

Very good news. People have been attracted to Bitcoin. Bitcoin demand is increasing day by day. I hope Bitcoin will be Sky Rocket.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:28:14 PM

This is good news for the crypto, 100,000 users in 24 hours is amazing. Let’s hope trading of Bitcoin Futures will be approved, it will bring more users to crypto.

If all those people want just 1 bitcoin the pump would be huge because there just isn't the supply of 100k bitcoins on coinbase for under say 25k - 50k price.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:39:27 PM

One has to be delusional to not think an huge percentage of these coins are going to stay there, at the mercy of coinbase's policy on hard forks.

Noobs only care about 1) when they will be getting access to their fork coins, and 2) what the price will be they will sell them at. In no shape or form do they even consider the possibility of Coinbase doing something that these people may not like. It's greed that's blindling them, and this same greed will at some point be their downfall. Essentially, it's not just fork related, but also when it comes to how easily people just choose to go with a wallet service to store their coins. If the government comes up with whatever new regulations, and this wallet service starts forcing people to verify themselves, they will start to understand how stupid it was of them to store their coins online. People mostly only learn when they walk themselves into problems. Roll Eyes
Haitham

Activity: 69

Cryptos = New hope in life!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:50:04 PM

Very happy to see such news.. Coinbase is one of the main sources of traffic to our market.
Cant wait to see what kind of numbers we will see by next April Cheesy

zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:09:22 PM

Registered users only. But will they buy bitcoin? Buying bitcoin from coinbase its not available in our country. But coinbase is the payout method on some free bitcoin apps and many in our country using those free bitcoin apps.

BUY_SELL

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:47:44 PM

More and more people are beginning to be interested in crypto-currencies. Therefore, the figure of 100,000 is not surprising at all
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:40:43 AM

That's a huge number of new users within a day and it's no joke. Being a popular exchange it sure is the one people will go to if they are new in btc. And also I've heard some hyip sites that supports coinbase users only so there are some who already have accounts in other exchanges tend to make an account in coinbase (based on what I've read in some social media groups of hyip enthusiasts). But no doubt that CME has a great role in this new users of coinbase. If you are into finance and read or heard about the world’s largest options exchange announced they will begin trading in Bitcoin futures you will definitely make sure to buy those coins.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:54:35 AM

Magnificent!, for a hundred thousand accounts in just 24 hours, that was massive, fast and continue growing of Bitcoin was the only meaning of this.

Bitcoin big surprises are getting more exciting. Who doesn't notice Bitcoin in business industries, perhaps they only ignoring Bitcoin, but those who can't adopt Bitcoin will be left behind.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:05:12 AM

Amazing growth and adoption happening at the moment, it's gaining some traction in the mainstream especially in the financial news. I know that the people I told about Bitcoin have only heard about this year so yeah it's not surprising that there's a 'run' of sorts happening with Bitcoin.

placergold

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:10:51 AM

people are rushing into bitcoins... I wish soon we'll get a bitcoin ETF, so I can buy from my retirement accts.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:42:26 AM

Wow it is a good news or bad news? In our country bitcoin is hot topics for news television channels because of so many issue like some company uses bitcoin for scamming.. the effects is many people here think that bitcoin is a huge mistakes for the investor and not going into bitcoin so sad..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: