Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:09:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulating Bitcoin  (Read 4615 times)
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:22:44 AM

At this point however regulations can depreciate bitcoin  and crypto prices as its whatmkst of the people are trying to avoid. Its normal for us to protect our wealth which is why bitcoin holders are lay away when regulations is coming, in fact whenever there are news about it, bitcoin sinks fast.

But when its finally done, I think there will be lesser investor but are confident about it as its like holding gold.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:23:25 AM

Cryptocurrency has been widely criticised for lack of regulation. Do you think it is possible to come up with a regulatory framework around Bitcoin?

I will really appreciate this if proper regulations is being placed on the Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency world as a whole. Well, I think the Bitcoin is self regulating at the moment and the altcoins are suffering at the moment too. But if proper regulatory bodies are being setup for the purpose of sanitizing the Cryptocurrency world, I believe it will be better and also increase influx of more persons into the Cryptocurrency world/market.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:20:39 AM

Cryptocurrency has been widely criticised for lack of regulation. Do you think it is possible to come up with a regulatory framework around Bitcoin?

For some country, cryptocurrency trade have regulation. Goverment should be regulating bitcoin trade because many people now using bitcoin as their investment and with regulating bitcoin, goverment have income from taxes
With the regulation, the government can make sure that the cryptocurrencies will not exceed to its limitations and it will make sure that it is still on the safe zone and not risking the people too much. Regulation is a must and just like the other countries we should apply regulation also in bitcoin so we can really say that it is safe and not a very risky thing to try.
I think some governments in the world are thinking about how to implement regulation for bitcoin so that it could benefit the government as well. certainly by taxing bitcoin users and how bitcoin is not used for financial crime. because that makes the government has not given the rules and regulations untul now because they are still afraid of the bad influence because of the anonymous nature of bitcoin
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:33:28 AM

Yes it has been criticized a lot but with regulation, I don’t think some people would want to be regulated because if it will be ran by the governement, eventually it will be controlled by them and that’s what some are trying to stay away from.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:36:16 AM

For some country, cryptocurrency trade have regulation. Goverment should be regulating bitcoin trade because many people now using bitcoin as their investment and with regulating bitcoin, goverment have income from taxes
With the regulation, the government can make sure that the cryptocurrencies will not exceed to its limitations and it will make sure that it is still on the safe zone and not risking the people too much. Regulation is a must and just like the other countries we should apply regulation also in bitcoin so we can really say that it is safe and not a very risky thing to try.
I think some governments in the world are thinking about how to implement regulation for bitcoin so that it could benefit the government as well. certainly by taxing bitcoin users and how bitcoin is not used for financial crime. because that makes the government has not given the rules and regulations untul now because they are still afraid of the bad influence because of the anonymous nature of bitcoin
They are afraid that maybe bitcoin can use in illegal activities such buying prohibited weapons or those prohibited drugs, that's some country banning bitcoin because they have nothing to do with bitcoin they can't regulate due to decentralized bitcoin technology. One factor also they refuse and ban bitcoin since they can't regulate because they think in the near future that bitcoin may the next step of all Banks or eliminate Banking system and bitcoin was their big competitors.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:40:04 AM

Regulation on cryptocurrency trading is needed. It will avoid from money laundring, beside that its goverment obligation to protect their citizen investment. With regulation, it will create good market condition and investor will more confident investing their money

although with regulation it will make cryptocurrency become legal, I wonder how it looks like and I think the government will apply a new tax for people which getting involve in cryptocurrency because they know that people like us will have much money so they need to take a fee to us. but I don't think that it will avoid money laundering but maybe it will reduce money laundering. and I agree that with regulation, trader and investor and every people will be safe when they want to invest their money in the cryptocurrency.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:55:50 AM

There should really be a regulatory body who will be responsible for the protection of those with interest in the cryptocurrency even the protection of investors. I suggest that they continue to do measures to screen ico and also regulate the funding proceeds to prevent funds being connected to terrorism.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:52:12 AM

Yes It could be a good idea and will help bitcoin grow more but the biggest problem is when the goverment will join into the regulation process. It is hard to tell if when will the government take action and take part of btc regulation. However it could take time to make some regulation in btc.

btc.xbt.btc

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:57:49 AM

Well the first challenge is that bitcoin is decentralised whilst regulation has to be tied to a jurisdiction, making it therefore only local. Overall I think if we want bitcoin to grow and be fully integrated in society regulation will be necessary.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

There should really be a regulatory body who will be responsible for the protection of those with interest in the cryptocurrency even the protection of investors. I suggest that they continue to do measures to screen ico and also regulate the funding proceeds to prevent funds being connected to terrorism.
That is a good point. We all know that the cryptocurrencies are more in favor of anonymity and we should be really paying attention to that because if we will have regulation then there is no need to worry any bad things to happen because it can be easily controlled since the regulation is there and the only thing that we need to make sure if the regulation is strong enough to handle circumstances.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

Basically it's very feasible in regulation, but however.. the negative sides/weakness of bitcoin into a high consideration for it, still many in some countries that still direct it will disturb the country's financial system because the price is never stable/fluctuating. But I believe.. as time passes, bitcoin will be increasingly responded well by the most of countries, the regulation on bitcoin will increasing if bitcoin actually gives more positive and useful sides.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:04:41 AM

This is good points but as to these limits only though and not really necessary go further than regulating your bitcoin in general like they monitor and take a sort of control to your coins because it defeats the purpose of financial independence and revolution where bitcoin realized this financial breakthrough.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:26:42 AM

It's a good idea to have some regulation on bitcoin to make sure it can speed up adopting in the real world usages. Bitcoin is just another option for the people don't want to use a bank to transfer asset.
pou3197074235

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:40:39 AM

The south Korean government has held a multi-sectoral joint emergency meeting to decide on measures to curb speculation and criminal activity in the virtual currency market. The meeting decided that minors should be banned from opening accounts and trading virtual currencies, and financial institutions would be prohibited from holding, buying virtual currencies or investing in virtual currencies. When making bank transfer business related to virtual currency investment, I am required to confirm.

The south Korean government also plans to promote legislation to protect investors and increase transparency in virtual currency transactions. To explore the relevant safety supervision measures for the establishment of virtual currency exchanges, including the requirement that exchanges curb money laundering activities and report all suspicious transactions; To clearly define the illegal activities related to the financing of coinage (ICO) and to severely punish the illegal ACTS.

I think not only South Korea, but more countries will start to regulate cryptocurrency.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:54:55 PM

I am an opponent of the regulation of the cryptocurrency. This will lead to taxation, control ... That is, it is not in the interests of users of cryptocurrency

If you are against the regulation then you will going to allow Bitcoin to be use in illegal activities like money laundering and you will allow some ICO that are scams to freely roaming and freely to attract investors to join their false projects then steal your hard earned money. You must think wisely on which you will prepare? regulated in which the government will benefit of taxation to help to improve the economy or not regulated but Bitcoin might ruin your country because it was illegally used by bad people?

Do you really think that regulation, however strict or even severe, will prevent Bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies from being used in illegal activities provided there are any in the first place? Ultimately, this use is determined by the advantages crypto offers for these operations and not limited by how much it is regulated. Fiat is regulated up to the hilt anyway, but did that shut down illegal activities involving fiat money? I guess the answer should be the affirmative 'no'.
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:24:24 PM

I think it is not necessary, just walk like this alone we are still in trouble. Naturally, bitcoin is much in demand by all cripto money lovers because it is very useful and practical, and a place of opportunity to start investing with cripto money that currently costs cripto money to match financial needs.

So this is why bitcoin is in great demand .. All are looking for jobs to earn profits by investing cripto currency.

But it would be better if there are developments with cripto money which, it would be easier to start investing with cripto money, and coupled with the facility to exchange this cripto money so that we can send and receive quickly without having to go through the stages of exchange.

gledek

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

Could be, because the government assumes free and risky market crypto crypt. the government is concerned to make regulations about these bitcoin fears being misused by its users.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:21:02 PM

The real problem is not regulation, that may seem like it is the problem since we are lacking it but the real problem is how that governments are going to enforce those regulations, bitcoin is something that is completely outside of their control and unless you convert your money to fiat then they have no way to know how much cryptocurrencies you are holding.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:46:07 PM

Regulating bitcoin can not be over emphasize, because regulate bitcoin will bring confident to public or investor, regulate bitcoin will also reduce crime  that associate with bitcoin as a whole, which would prevent frauds star from penetrate to the system.

I am not sure, maybe regulating something but not regulating the whole bitcoin processes as it really defeats the purpose of being revolutionary that take away third-party banks and government from interferring on your finances. This is one of the reasons why people invests to bitcoin.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:13:21 AM

I think its hard to regulate bitcoin, what government can do is regulate bitcoin trade. Only bitcoin trade can be regulate because bitcoin it self using decentralized system and its hard to regulate bitcoin

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: