Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy btc now or wait the fork ?  (Read 1860 times)
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

you should choose the right time to buy , so i think no it's not the right time . wait

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:45:44 PM

i gave the exact same advice back when price was about $2000 and then $3000 to people asking the same question as you and i am going to repeat it for you here:

you can buy in steps. you don't have to invest all the money you have now. for example you speculate that there is a chance that price can be $8000 in a month from now and also there is a chance that price can be $6000 (arbitrary numbers) so you buy something now and if price went lower you buy more if not you at least have not missed the boat and have some bitcoin already and then buy some more at higher price.
the first step is hard though, the step of speculating about price and coming up with those numbers.

you can call this some sort of "risk management investment thingy".

I like this kind of strategy as I'm looking for a good piece of advice also. I wanted to invest some of my money in bitcoin right now and I need lots of opinions on how to tackle this. Though I'm looking for a short-term investment here but maybe I will allot some part for long-term investment in bitcoin also.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:48:35 PM

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

While creating this thread and now the bitcoin have moved more 400+ price jump so if you want to take benefit of fork then you can go with buying now , if not then just wait for the correct time when their will be some correction so that you can buy at that time.
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:52:24 PM

My plan for the bitcoin hardfork its wait the new altcoin and see the status of the networks, if the miner rate of the B2X is bigger than the BTC, i will wait for more time to see what will happen, but if the BTC's power rate continues the same, so its only buy and hold and sell my free B2X of my old wallet.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:55:05 PM

Invest now before the fork happens so you'll get two coins after the hard fork. And you are into long term investment in bitcoin so it doesn't matter if the price today for you is quite expensive. Soon the price will even become more expensive so while there is time before the fork, buy.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:14:20 PM

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)
It's better to invest before the fork happend, because you can probably take the the same ammount of tokens for free, but you need to have your funds at the right exchange which accept the fork and token

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:24:46 PM

Hello
Price is way too up high as of now which it is not really safe to put up money specially if you do long for short time profits but since you are talking for long term process then anytime its ideal to buy bitcoin because price would really go up no matter what on future years to come this is why any price would be consider a sweet spot but yet since you are just putting up some fraction of money then if you can handle to make short span trading then it will give you the chance to make money without the need on waiting for too long just wait after the fork which the price would definitely corrected.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

you should choose the right time to buy , so i think no it's not the right time . wait

My approach is same like yours. Right time means to wait for pullback and catch it. I never try to grap small points when i trade on markets. Catching the bottom is like trying to catch falling knife. Better to divide and buy in small parts in order to make average entry to position.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:23:41 AM

My approach is same like yours. Right time means to wait for pullback and catch it. I never try to grap small points when i trade on markets. Catching the bottom is like trying to catch falling knife. Better to divide and buy in small parts in order to make average entry to position.

I also did so, the investment will gradually enter the market. Weekly and monthly movements can be viewed, each time you enter the market and gather a few. Safety and more you can get the best price, get as many BTC as possible.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:58:11 AM

When/where will B2X trading actually go live? Will there be a period of time before we can place orders?

777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:02:29 AM

Hello

I think the best time is now, bitcoin price after the fork will slightly go down but will recover and back to increase in just for a day. If you invest now, you have a plus free coin then that is the advantage and if you have decided to hold you can have the profit even for a month as the prices will not stop increasing up to next year and so on. Don’t hesitate or you will regret it.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:51:29 AM

Hello

I think the best time is now, bitcoin price after the fork will slightly go down but will recover and back to increase in just for a day. If you invest now, you have a plus free coin then that is the advantage and if you have decided to hold you can have the profit even for a month as the prices will not stop increasing up to next year and so on. Don’t hesitate or you will regret it.
There will be no fork happening in future and all this is a useless hope so invests now because who knows what will price at the next morning and more of it btc has ability to rise its price daily up to 400 dollars so there is possibility that you will regret and the price will go beyond your capital limit so rush in people are investing you must also get into the lane otherwise it will be too late to buy and huge revenue will be required.
dominikas18

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:47:20 AM

Hello

Why should you be confused, I think you can invest half your money before hardfork and again after hardfork, just to anticipate if after hardfork the btc price goes down and you can buy far in price before hardfork

I was wonderi g about the op's question and about what i would do
Because this is tricky so close to this new fork on the 16th, will the
price drop? Will it rise?

The strategy above i think is a good plan, its no harm to get into
the game anytime.
Guys, I actually have an interesting trading strategy minimizing the risk right before the upcoming Fork, based on the previous Forks. Would be glad to hear your opinion about my idea:
https://youtu.be/fpWNENPsNw4
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:51:05 AM

It makes no sense to buy now when you'll probably be able to buy twice cheaper in few days
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:13:40 AM

Yes, I am with the similar opinion that Bitcoin price will fall down after the fork. We might see a correction of 20% to 30% within the period of next couple of months. I would keep my capital aside to make purchases during the dips and en-cash the opportunities. If you are having no interests in claiming the new forked coin then I don't see any advantage of purchasing at this price level. However, I am sure that Bitcoin will perform very well in the long run and we might even touch $10K in next year so anywhere below $10K in cheap in my opinion. Please do your own research before making any investment decision.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:17:27 AM

Bitcoin is going good and inspiring peoples in hardfork days or any kind of improvement in bitcoin because if bitcoin technology improves then it is good news and positive effect on bitcoin price and in result bitcoin price make at high because peoples start buying bitcoin and bitcoin price will up. I think before hardfork is the best option to buy bitcoin because it will provide the good profit for you in in term of fork and you have a good profit after fork.
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:43:02 AM

Hello

for this fork i think it will be different affect to bitcoin price than the last fork, i suggest you to wait the fork before buying. lets see what happen after for make decision.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:06:01 AM

Hello
I think, you've been a little bit late, but not too late. If you are planning to invest in bitcoin, do it now Don't wait for the forking to end before investing. As per record, bitcoin price usually rises up before a forking happens (just like what happened during the bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash creation). You should invest now in bitcoin and watch the bitcoin price to continuously rise in the coming weeks.

Bitcoin price usually drops AFTER the forking because that's the time that most investors are withdrawing their investments from bitcoins and shifts to altcoins. This results to rise of altcoin prices. This is why it is ideal to invest now in bitcoin and altcoins, then wait until the forking ends, then you'll see you'll gain from your investments in altcoins later.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:16:28 AM

Hello
If you are planning to buy now and hold for long term, Then now is the best time to buy bitcoin but if you have in mind to buy in short term I will advise you to hold until the hardfork. Bitcoin's price is going to fluctuate after the hardfork and you may be sell out in panic. I will advise you to keep to it that you buy for long term purpose as in time to come maybe three years to come we may get to $20,000
DHORBUNOV

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:50:31 AM

Hello
Of course, wait, who knows how the price will go, now on the rise before the descent is not worth taking risky steps, so that later there were no losses and disappointments.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: