Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 06:36:21 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy btc now or wait the fork ?  (Read 1177 times)
aloha99
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:08:16 PM
 #1

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

Vector — $600,000 in 12 minutes ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ BOUNTY
1511159781
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511159781

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511159781
Reply with quote  #2

1511159781
Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1511159781
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511159781

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511159781
Reply with quote  #2

1511159781
Report to moderator
1511159781
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511159781

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511159781
Reply with quote  #2

1511159781
Report to moderator
DaMut
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378


[I] [<][3] [Y][O][U]


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:20:25 PM
 #2

we still have a lot of time before the fork,
which mean we still have a chance to see another run in the next few days later on.
but everything can be happen with it in the next day like before,
for me right now is not the best time other than before but if i want to hold it for a long time.
it does not matter for me,because if i buy it right now and the price go up in the next few days,i get the profit right ? and i do not need to FOMO.
unlike buying it until the fork,who knows what will happen with it ?
many people predicted it would went down after Bitcoin Gold release,but what happened ? it went to the sky directly.
nothing to lose if we buy it right now,because you will hold it for a long time right ?

13abyknight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 280


VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:50:26 PM
 #3

If you're going in with a formidable sized investment, buying up right now would be a great idea as you will get equivalent coins for holding onto it during the fork which is literally free money. Having seen two hard forks before, Bitcoin is looking like it will shoot up as usual which is double the good news for you.

      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 ██                   █
█     ██  ██     ███ 
 █   ██   ██    ██ ██
  ██ ██    ██   ██  
█  ██     ██  ██     █    
 █                   ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
WORLD’S FIRST CLOUD BETTING PLATFORM
♦    Whitepaper  Bounty  Telegram  Twitter  Facebook   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 █████      ██
██       ██           ██
██       ██▄       ██
██       ██▀▀       ██
██       ██           ██
 ██      ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
diouf67
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:54:00 PM
 #4

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

If you will not receive the potential free coins from the fork then definitely I would advise to wait until after the fork, there is a high probability the price will fall before that date. Perhaps you could invest before and sell again before the fork and rebuy after but that opens you up to potential volatility.

elimi
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:08:20 PM
 #5

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

Why should you be confused, I think you can invest half your money before hardfork and again after hardfork, just to anticipate if after hardfork the btc price goes down and you can buy far in price before hardfork

buwaytress
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 434


I bit, therefore I am


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
 #6

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

Hello aloha, I decided to reply here because I took a look at your history and it seems:

1. I think this is the second or third time you've asked about investing. Each time, you've got the majority telling you yes. And I'm inclined to agree. It is always yes, even though I believe the price is due for a long correction that will take months to recover. Because Bitcoin is a long play. I am happier to get Bitcoin at every dip (I earn and try to get paid in dips) but I never refuse it. Any time before 2020 and beyond is a good time.

2. I've also noticed you posting for airdrops, and asking for jobs in web design. You look quite earnest. I strongly encourage you to start attempting freelancing in your field (web design) and work for Bitcoins. Then you never have to worry at what price you're buying them. Don't waste time with those airdrops, just work to improve your skills and market them here (properly).

Buy the Bitcoin. Keep your head down. Thank us all later Wink

sujonali1819
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:53:04 PM
 #7

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)
Few many days remaing before bt fork.so i think you should buy bitcoin now and then sell agin after fork.wait for price go to deep.then buy btc for long term.

BrewMaster
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 630


There is trouble abrewing


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:03:32 PM
 #8

i gave the exact same advice back when price was about $2000 and then $3000 to people asking the same question as you and i am going to repeat it for you here:

you can buy in steps. you don't have to invest all the money you have now. for example you speculate that there is a chance that price can be $8000 in a month from now and also there is a chance that price can be $6000 (arbitrary numbers) so you buy something now and if price went lower you buy more if not you at least have not missed the boat and have some bitcoin already and then buy some more at higher price.
the first step is hard though, the step of speculating about price and coming up with those numbers.

you can call this some sort of "risk management investment thingy".

freebutcaged
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 462


https://gexcrypto.io


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:35:42 PM
 #9

Who says that the coming fork will create split blockchain mate? this is a hard fork, is anyone supporting the Segwit2x? I haven't been on the related

Topics to see what is going on with this Segwit2x. now that you're buying then don't stop, more you and others buy the more price will rise and more

Profit to be earned later by you, if decided to sell.

               ███
     ▄▄▄▄▄     ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
jvdp
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532



View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:03:13 PM
 #10

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

When comparing and seeing the last time hard fork in August 1st we can invest the fund in bitcoin now itself and you will be able to make the more money using the hard fork bump in the chart.
So go to invest the amount in buying bitcoins now.
There are many mining plants implementation gonna taken part in Japan, Australia and various countries so price probably increases in the chart.

.ZIGGER.      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
|.
ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
suncokreten
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70

Angel ToKen


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:05:25 PM
 #11

It depends what you want.

If you want expensive BTC which will fall down 30-40% after the fork + a new forked coin, you should buy now (not advised).

If you want a cheap BTC which will mostly likely rise in future and no additional coin, wait for the day after the fork (strongly advised).

aoluain
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 266



View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
 #12

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

Why should you be confused, I think you can invest half your money before hardfork and again after hardfork, just to anticipate if after hardfork the btc price goes down and you can buy far in price before hardfork

I was wonderi g about the op's question and about what i would do
Because this is tricky so close to this new fork on the 16th, will the
price drop? Will it rise?

The strategy above i think is a good plan, its no harm to get into
the game anytime.

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████████████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
████████████████████████████
Truckcoin










For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬






















butrsukumpanumet
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 67


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:00:57 PM
 #13

The fork will make cryptocurrency becomes better, so if it becomes better, the price will going up. So why not we buy it before the fork ? It will make a huge profit for us in just a short-time than just keep earning only in day-trading or week-trading stragedy.

StephenJH
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 505



View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:03:27 PM
 #14

The fork will make cryptocurrency becomes better, so if it becomes better, the price will going up. So why not we buy it before the fork ? It will make a huge profit for us in just a short-time than just keep earning only in day-trading or week-trading stragedy.

I dont think so. Prices will head down to support levels which it tested before uptrend. This is perfect time to check buy orders under support lines before making another big uptrend. Best option is to collect cheap alts.

            ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀



Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
Hassan02
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 436



View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:31:31 PM
 #15

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)
Its up to you in where you are profitable but make sure you have make a decision that is good and you will never regret for so when you have the speculation that if after the hardfork will be the best time to buy or after it and you have made some research your question will be answered by yours only.

defc0de
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:00:26 PM
 #16

for long term, you can buy now and forget about it for a few years. for short term, depends on two strategies - buy to get free b2x or wait when btc price corrects after the fork.

Frank0209
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 294



View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
 #17

I think you should spend your money to buy Bitcoin right now to claim as much as Bitcoin2x you can from the hardfork. If you wait until the hardfork over you will get nothing and maybe you will have to pay more for the same amount of Bitcoin before the hardfork cause I think that Bitcoin price will increase very quickly right after the hardfork get over Smiley). It happened at the hardfork on 1st August so I think it'll be the same at this time. But it's just my own opinion so if you want to buy right now or not you should have your own decision Smiley

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
Platonicus
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 24


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:47:30 PM
 #18

Price might go up or down, it`s difficult to predict future, but one thing I can tell you - If I buy BTC now, i would never buy on Etoro...  why would anyone would like to loose forked coins?

some people say btc price will go down by 20-25%, some say will go up. I think price of BTC might go up till 9 - 10k usd till hard fork and even IF it drops 20% it will be around 7k usd still +/-, so as it is today.  

But we will see.
Jack353
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:52:27 PM
 #19

This is a very tough question because of the unprecedented questions surrounding this fork.
My recommendation is to wait until after the fork and buy the coin which prevails as "Bitcoin." It is very possible that Bitcoin(s) will dive either right before or right after the fork and until one is declared the official "Bitcoin."

Good luck and make sure to do your own research before making investment decisions!  Tongue

Bolt Brownie
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 406


★Nitrogensports.eu★


View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:44:11 PM
 #20

Hello
I decided to invest around 2400$ for a long term investment in BTC but the price is currently high. Should I buy now or I wait for the fork when price probably go down ? (I will invest in etoro so no exta coins will be obtained after the fork)

Since you want to go for the long term, and you have only those funds to invest I think the best option is to wait after the fork. Although the price might still probably increase a little more, since the fork is only around the 15th November, it could also just remain stable for a while, since it already had a large run, because of the recent financial news. There will most likely be some kind of correction of the price, after the fork, so that should be the best option to get more BTC from your current bankroll.

After that, I would jut keep holding no matter what, because a lot of money should go into BTC in 2018.


           █████████████████     ████████
          █████████████████     ████████
         █████████████████     ████████
        █████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
      ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
   ████████     █████████████████     ████████
  ████████     █████████████████     ████████
 ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
            ████████              ████████
           ████████              ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
         ████████     █████████████████
        ████████     █████████████████
       ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
.BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █         
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀



    CASINO    DICE    POKER   
     ▬▬  24 hour Customer Support  ▬▬   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!