Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BitConnect Secure?  (Read 451 times)
MPulse (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:38:57 PM

Let's put aside for a second whether or not BitConnect is MLM or a ponzi scheme. What I'm most curious about is, is their platform secure? With BitConnect getting so much attention online lately, is anyone worried that your coins are secure in their possession? You could enable every advanced security option including 2FA on your account, but if someone were to hack and gain access to BitConnect's systems they can walk away with all the coins.

I guess I'm just overly cautious with past examples of exchanges either shutting down or online wallets getting hacked and people end up losing their coins forever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:41:20 PM

Let's put aside for a second whether or not BitConnect is MLM or a ponzi scheme. What I'm most curious about is, is their platform secure? With BitConnect getting so much attention online lately, is anyone worried that your coins are secure in their possession? You could enable every advanced security option including 2FA on your account, but if someone were to hack and gain access to BitConnect's systems they can walk away with all the coins.

I guess I'm just overly cautious with past examples of exchanges either shutting down or online wallets getting hacked and people end up losing their coins forever.

I don't know to be honest but generally I would make the assumption that if something is inherently untrustworthy then it is far less likely to be secure. Let's say, if it is found out to be a ponzi scheme and there is a run to withdraw the money, it wouldn't surprise me if they are conveniently hacked or such.

Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:00:39 PM

Bitconnect is the biggest ponzi in this time, you can try to see the latest news of the supply manipulation by the bitconnect developers, that makes the bitconnect gets throw away.
The market capitalization already dropped a lot. Please stay away from this biggest ponzi in the world.
overlooker

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:00:27 PM

hard to put aside the obvious ponzi scheme...  but since they plan to steal all those coins they have the biggest motivation to make the platform secure.. because everything the potential hackers could steal would eventually become property of these scammers.. stay away as far as possible
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 07:05:29 PM

Same here, heard it was a huge scam by a ton of people. Obviously, It won't last forever but you're good for a few months, maybe a year on it but don't be surprised if gone in a week. Just stay away.
Embeco

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

Same here, heard it was a huge scam by a ton of people. Obviously, It won't last forever but you're good for a few months, maybe a year on it but don't be surprised if gone in a week. Just stay away.

Definitely not good for a year after their staff is getting jailed Wink
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:14:34 PM

The first premise of a pyramid or ponzi scheme is that your funds are NEVER safe, and the system can crumble/crash at any moment without notice leaving you with NOTHING, and there's nothing you can do about it in our crypto world. Bitconnect will make a lot of people poor.

bosses

Activity: 322

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:34:34 PM

Well, I personally believe  what it is SCAM and scheme Ponzi. This is not to be on the market even in the top

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:42:29 PM

Why does it matter if it's a ponzi or a scam? You're helping in people getting scammed and effectively calling for government regulations.
Other than that, it went x450 in 9 months.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Will.Smith

Activity: 415
Merit: 103

"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 08:07:36 PM

They put huge amount of money in marketing. I saw their banners on a lot of top sites like coinmarketcap. It is just hype, they don't have strong technology behind it. And obviously their rewarding system is stinky as a really big scam. And Vitalik Buterin said about it already in his twitter. I trust him enough to walk away from this "project".

abcd7

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:29:02 PM

not so secure :/
svennnny

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

Biggest ponzi ever don't take part !
NoOne1122

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:41:11 PM

A чтo cкaжитe пpo aнaлoг Bitconnect Bynarycoin?
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

of course that no, they have already been hacked a few weeks ago, and they lost a very important amount of money, and it made them and their coin bleed for a lot of money.
Bitconnect is not one of the most safest coins, their platform is very vulnerable and they can be hacked easily, i dont suggest to anyone to join that project, it is very risky and you can lose your money in just matter of months, or even weeks, whenever they decide to close.
There are better investment programs to put your funds in.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
clip123

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:55:27 PM

Quote from: coincodex.com/article/1036/what-is-bitconnect-and-why-have-we-decided-to-distance-ourselves-from-it

After taking the time to further analyse the Bitconnect project it is still unclear who is behind the project, exactly how it works, or if BCC has any actual use. Bitconnect also employs a number of dubious methods in order to operate and promote its business. The business model outlined by the company is economically unsustainable with the current level of returns unable to be validated by any legally known investment system. The Bitconnect project also generates a large amount of negative feedback from within the cryptocurrency community with accusations that the project is actually a "scam" or "Ponzi scheme" being actively discussed. As a result, we have taken the decision to distance ourselves from this project, remove it from the top 100 by market cap list and place a warning on Bitconnect page.

stay very far away from this scam
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:19:55 PM

Quote from: coincodex.com/article/1036/what-is-bitconnect-and-why-have-we-decided-to-distance-ourselves-from-it

After taking the time to further analyse the Bitconnect project it is still unclear who is behind the project, exactly how it works, or if BCC has any actual use. Bitconnect also employs a number of dubious methods in order to operate and promote its business. The business model outlined by the company is economically unsustainable with the current level of returns unable to be validated by any legally known investment system. The Bitconnect project also generates a large amount of negative feedback from within the cryptocurrency community with accusations that the project is actually a "scam" or "Ponzi scheme" being actively discussed. As a result, we have taken the decision to distance ourselves from this project, remove it from the top 100 by market cap list and place a warning on Bitconnect page.

stay very far away from this scam
Glad to see about the coincodex already taken a very important step to remove the biggest ponzi token just like bitconnect, But i hope the coinmarketcap will try to consider it. If the more people are trying to complain on their twitter and the bitconnect might be removed from the coinmarketcap too.
How the ponzi just like bitconnect still exist in these days. The only market trade the bitconnect its in their own platform.
Recently the supply gets corrected and the marketcap has dropped more than a half. that makes sense to delist bitconnect everywhere.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:20:05 PM

Realistically everyone knows its a ponzi scheme and it's very hard to forget that fact, realistically a large amount of the coins are probably mostly in their own wallets somewhere so it depends on how secure they are themselves.

hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:53:11 PM

I don't known but BCC have a good price!
May be have change about ref, and coin cap down!
BCC may be good in next month! And down in next year!
NoOne1122

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:53:55 AM

Peбят , кaк дyмaeтe cкoлькo eщe пpoдepжитcя Bitconnect?
Lanaya_1

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:05:10 PM

They have not so secure wallet, but not all mlm ICOs are not secure (I believe). I saw the safest account on the myetherwallet. BitConnect should take from them an example
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: