Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: negative trust: why do people get it on bitcointalk.org  (Read 896 times)
Olatunjex (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

I would like to know the reason why people have negative trust on their profile.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:44:55 PM

Sometimes it's justified, other times it's used as a weapon because of an argument.

It's supposed to be used as a feedback tool from people who have conducted business with the user in the past. If the person didn't deliver the product in a trade or engaged in some other questionable activity the negative trust would be justified.

The problem is that people will give others negative trust when they don't like someone. That's where it is used as a weapon.

Perfect example. At one point I was offering escrow services. People gave me negative trust because I was offering a service that I didn't have any history offering in the past. What the fuck? That's using negative trust as a weapon. These people were already providing escrow services and didn't want the competition.

Also, if you ask for someone to leave you trust (regardless of whether you're asking for honest trust or not) people will give you negative trust. It's a decent system that people abuse constantly. Tread carefully.
RyanEncek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:54:37 PM

I would like to know the reason why people have negative trust on their profile.
some people who do not know the depth of bitcoin may think negatively to him, because he only looked from different angles of the field ...
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:55:48 PM

some people who do not know the depth of bitcoin may think negatively to him, because he only looked from different angles of the field ...

Another perfect example of how the trust system here is used as a weapon.

Trust should only be used as feedback for a trade or sale. Full stop.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:01:09 PM

There are a lot of reason for this case like using alt account, scam, promoting ponzi,trolling,....or maybe your account will received a red trust if it's a bought account. If you don't want to receive red trust, you should be trustworthy in this forum. Beside don't copy and paste other member reply or from any other sources from internet, you'll not received red trust for this but your account will be permanant banned
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

To incur a negative trust can be for several reasons, the most common of them are fraudulent actions. But as far as I know, now there are some ways to raise the trust back and this I do not mean those moments when a person withdraws his negative feedback. Embarrassed
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 07:06:00 PM

If you are talking about red trust.

People get negative trust because they try to scam someone or maybe they have scammed anyone, They get negative rating because they have broken some rule or tried to trick someone, We should thanks to those DT (Default Trust) Members who tag them with their rating so, if we are going to make a deal with them we know that what he/she has done before in his/her past. So, it is really needed to have rating system on this forum.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:11:15 PM

Do you see words after every comment "report to moderator"? All those people who about whom someone got reported are getting negative trust or just ban on the forum. Mostly negative trust get those people who suggest something on the forum, like buying-selling accounts, goods, services and ect. But sometimes a modest story admit a whole thread as a scam and all people who keep comment that get negative trust. So, be careful.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:33:17 PM

Sometimes it's just spam.  If you take a look at my trust page, there is an accusation
that I've abused animals by isoneguy.  That isn't true.  My passionate love of creatures
is well known.  Maybe not on bitcointalk, but my cats know it.  So that ass tool left
that feedback because I criticized something isoneguy said in some thread a while
back.  That's how broken the trust system is here.

But however broken it is, it does work when the person is a real scammer.  DT members
tend to jump all over them, and they're redder than a turnip within minutes.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

I added a trust system to the marketplace sections. When you're logged in, you'll now see something like this next to Marketplace posts:
Trust: 1: -0 / +12(3)

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

These scores are taken from your trust network. They are not global scores. You can edit your trust network here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust
If your trust depth is set to 2 (the default), you will trust feedback by people you trust, people they trust, and people they trust. I might change the default in the future; we'll see how this works. Your trust list is public.

On feedback pages, you can leave trade feedback. There are no rules for this, but here are some guidelines:
- List all of the trades that you do with people (or at least the major ones). This is not like #bitcoin-otc where you give people just one score.
- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.
- Older ratings count for more, so don't delete old ratings if you can avoid it.
- "Risked BTC" is how much money you could have lost if the person you're rating had turned out to be a scammer. Or, if they are a scammer, it's how much you lost. Use the BTC value at the time of reporting.
- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
- If you want to make a rating stronger, increase "Risked BTC". 50 extra risked BTC is equivalent to an additional rating.

If your trust list is totally empty, you trust "DefaultTrust", which includes some trustworthy people that I'll select. But if you add anyone to your trust list, even if they don't trust anyone, DefaultTrust will no longer be considered part of your trust list.

In the near future I'll add these same ratings to PMs.

Tell me if you see any bugs. I didn't test this much yet.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:47:10 PM

Well, rhere cam really be a lot of reasons involved as to why.a person gets one or more negative trusts in their accounts. Some may be because of beimg a scammer,  a spammer,  promoting scam ICOs,  erc. The list goes on and on. Then there are also times when negative trusts are given due to personal issues. While others are for accusations that haven't been really proven yetm trust system here is quite a mess. At least in how i see it. But, even so, it really helps a lot because the number of negative trust an account has is something that really gives us great warning and gives us a hint tonbe careful or how cautious we should be to a person or a project depending on the account's trust issue. Which all in all is a great thing for this forum.
soros017

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:08:25 PM

That's in general attributed to people that were caught scamming other people. But I have also seen users getting negative trust by acting disrespectful to other individuals.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:59:30 PM

This trust system is put in place to discredit scammers and protect other users. Especially on this forum negative trust is a big stigma on one's account and you no one will trust you or go first in a trade. So it's something you want to avoid.
But I have also seen users getting negative trust by acting disrespectful to other individuals.
As much as I understand people who give others negative trust because they are being a douche or a pain to others. I strongly believe that it's not just to do that simply because someone being arrogant or disrespectful doesn't necessarily correlate with their trustworthiness. Therefore no one should receive negative trust for being a douche. I do not promote being a douche or a pain not by any means but someone can be the biggest douchebag but still be a trustworthy person that always keeps his/her word when it comes to trading.
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:30:29 PM

Sometimes could be justify. Others some users just abuse of the trust system. Like Lauda, she just gave me a negative for no reason 😼...shame on you Lauda😝😝😝
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:46:33 PM

Pretty Simple Question It's Either They are doing things that are unethical from this forum. Like scamming somebody and when proven guilty they were tagged so they could not scam other people. The other simple reason would be they were being abused by somebody whos in power(This happened a lot of times.) Tho in most cases its the first example
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:34:02 AM

There are plenty of people who are abusing this site. So, they should get negative trust.

Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:14:43 AM

Usually, because low-life people scam, or buy accounts to spam/scam. You don't get negative trust for nothing, and usually that involves dishonest behaviour.
Olatunjex (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:59:25 AM

Sometimes it's justified, other times it's used as a weapon because of an argument.

It's supposed to be used as a feedback tool from people who have conducted business with the user in the past. If the person didn't deliver the product in a trade or engaged in some other questionable activity the negative trust would be justified.

The problem is that people will give others negative trust when they don't like someone. That's where it is used as a weapon.

Perfect example. At one point I was offering escrow services. People gave me negative trust because I was offering a service that I didn't have any history offering in the past. What the fuck? That's using negative trust as a weapon. These people were already providing escrow services and didn't want the competition.

Also, if you ask for someone to leave you trust (regardless of whether you're asking for honest trust or not) people will give you negative trust. It's a decent system that people abuse constantly. Tread carefully.
thank you for your response, i wouldn't want to fall victim of that. That was why i asked and for those who are also wondering why they have it on their profile.

Olatunjex (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:10:43 AM

Sometimes could be justify. Others some users just abuse of the trust system. Like Lauda, she just gave me a negative for no reason 😼...shame on you Lauda😝😝😝
c
Can a user I didn't have any deal with or contacted before decide to give me negative trust ( in the name of abusing the trust system)

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:26:40 AM

c
Can a user I didn't have any deal with or contacted before decide to give me negative trust ( in the name of abusing the trust system)

Anyone can leave negative feedback on your trust page for any reasons they want, and no prior deal or contact needs to have happened for them to do that, in fact many people get negative trust from random users just because they called them out on something or they don't agree with their opinions. It doesn't mean that the trust is valid though, trust is there as an indicator and should be taken on case by case.

You can also tweak your trust list, and many people will have removed some of the default trust from their list.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: