Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All of my friends have finally dumped all of their alts  (Read 1246 times)
cryptocurry

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

You gave your friends "buy high sell low" advice? I think they'll regret it after the fork.
Plie

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:07:18 PM

That is a really stupid move, because sooner or later the altcoins will recover when Bitcoin will step up on its crazy rise.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Looks like a good call to leave alts a few days ago, but now is probably the time to go back gradually as the segwit2x fork coming. Bitcoin will be in a month of uncertainty and alts may have an opportunity to bounce back, the problem is which alts....
JaFa

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:17:49 PM

You gave your friends "buy high sell low" advice? I think they'll regret it after the fork.

Bitcoin's bullrun might end even before the fork, if the "free money" isn't enough to justify not selling on the premium caused by the fork hype.  The smart traders always seem to sell on the hype before an event, not wait for the actual event itself.

This is the time to be buying the good alts, not selling.  It's too late to get in on this bitcoin push if you haven't already.  As bitcoin's price continues to increase, so does its risk, and the profit to be made diminishes.  Traders are already looking for the next big flip, and that will come from an altcoin.  Which one is the question.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1876
Merit: 435

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:18:11 PM

I have been telling my (online, because I don't know anyone in real life that even knows what bitcoin is) friends to get rid of their altcoins, because sooner or later there would be a massive bull run to bitcoin that would last months. They never believed in what I had to say. "Bitcoin maximalist" they would accuse me off.

Recently, they finally dumped their alts, which they were holding in hopes of a pump to make more bitcoin with, and simply held BTC. They have dodged the massive alt crash that has brought up BTC back above %50 of the crypto marketcap dominance.

Im not saying all altcoins are shit, but most are. It seems finally reality is kicking in amongst noobs that thought they could get easily rich with altcoins, and they are finally going back to BTC.

You should not give that advice to be honest it can turn around a bite you where it hurts.  Altcoins are going to play a big part in the cryptoworld.  You can call most shit coins but there are some that are already changing the game. Never put all your eggs in one basket is the old saying Smiley
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:25:17 PM

Honestly, to keep all of the amounts in the altcoins were not a good decision. But nice try for your friend. I was always buying in the dip to manage my loss. That means your friend already sold their altcoin portfolio in lost.
It seems 15 -16 November becomes the final result of the bitcoin bullish moment. I hold around 50% in bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:29:37 PM

I have been telling my (online, because I don't know anyone in real life that even knows what bitcoin is) friends to get rid of their altcoins, because sooner or later there would be a massive bull run to bitcoin that would last months. They never believed in what I had to say. "Bitcoin maximalist" they would accuse me off.

Recently, they finally dumped their alts, which they were holding in hopes of a pump to make more bitcoin with, and simply held BTC. They have dodged the massive alt crash that has brought up BTC back above %50 of the crypto marketcap dominance.

Im not saying all altcoins are shit, but most are. It seems finally reality is kicking in amongst noobs that thought they could get easily rich with altcoins, and they are finally going back to BTC.

OMG. I am glad I am not your friend. would be such a loss to sell my alts now and not few months ago when was expensive.   I think your fiends just distributed some of their value to the more patient ones Tongue
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:33:38 PM

I believe that you are right but not completely because there are many very interesting projects and they can be raised much more than just bitcoin

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:33:59 PM

I have done the same, i was holding a lot of golem's and zrx's for months, and i decided to dump them last saturday, and i exchanged all of those altcoins to bitcoin, and i am happy with that, because when i dumped them bitcoin was about $5700, and now it is upto $7450 each one.
I am only holding 2 ethereums, but i dont know, i dont want to dump them because i feel like that those are my favourites altcoins, no matter what, but yes, if it dumps below $275, i will dump them anyway.
muraqaba

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:35:19 PM

After the BTC bull run is over and people get their free money from the fork, where do you think they will re-invest that money? Personally, I think they will put a lot of that money back into the alt market.

no doubt alt coins will recover. i sold all of mine except for golem because the price is to low. i will reinvest though after this run.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:47:29 PM

Lol. That's a pretty dumb decision tommake specially at a time like this whem a fork is about to hapoen again. Clearly these guys you are saying don't know much about how the crypto world works. I mean, i love bitcoin and all but, i sure believe in the altcoins i own big time. Because i have not just invested without thinking a lot of times and researching about the altcoins i have. And besides, what ever it is, profit is still profit. A lot has gained a lot with altcoins. Not because altcoins are better with bitcoins, but because these people sell and buy at the right time. That's how i see it.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

always keep 30-50% in btc

however the good alts are going to make you more from here on in percentage terms
Depends upon actual "Dominance" as seen on https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
If the bitcoin Dominance is rising, we are like 62% around tomorrow, it's unwise to hold more than 40% in Alts. On a rise better lesser than those.
The first sharp drop on the Dominance charts usually made a short rest, that is the ideal buying point for the small marketcaps.
Factually trading is easy, just the patience troubles, we are looking at four years of data on that chart.
Tamy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:04:09 PM

Now is the worst time to sell altcoins because all of them are in red. I udenstand that people are selling them because of the fork. I personally wouldn't sell them when the price is low. I think that after the fork, prices of altcoins will start to raise. There are good altcoins out there and I think that they have a future, together with the bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin is a King of cryptocurrencies and it is wise to hold at least 50 % of portfolio in BtC. But I don' t see a reason to dump all altcoins. I am sure that some good coins will have a future.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:09:25 PM

Now is the worst time to sell altcoins because all of them are in red. I udenstand that people are selling them because of the fork. I personally wouldn't sell them when the price is low. I think that after the fork, prices of altcoins will start to raise. There are good altcoins out there and I think that they have a future, together with the bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin is a King of cryptocurrencies and it is wise to hold at least 50 % of portfolio in BtC. But I don' t see a reason to dump all altcoins. I am sure that some good coins will have a future.
Not a good decision for selling altcoins when the price is low and you buy when the price is high. Actually, it is the best time to buy altcoins during red days, because altcoins price will recover. The same scenario last hard fork altcoins dump but it will rise again.
Skyborn

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:16:47 PM

The thing with altcoins is that nobody really care about them. The majority of people just want to earn more bitcoin by investing in altcoins hoping for a better return. So as long as they are invested into an altcoin they will praise it to heave' and back in hopes for a moon landing somewhere in the near future. Only to dump their alt for more bitcoin.
To opposite happens when the altcoin crashes down and everybody is losing money. In the hat case the altcoin is dead and always has been dead or it's a scam, pump and dump etc. (a good example is siacoin).
So in reality nobody truly cares about altcoins most of them just want to make more BTC or $. And if they say it's not true they're most likely lying.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:25:52 PM

The thing with altcoins is that nobody really care about them. The majority of people just want to earn more bitcoin by investing in altcoins hoping for a better return. So as long as they are invested into an altcoin they will praise it to heave' and back in hopes for a moon landing somewhere in the near future. Only to dump their alt for more bitcoin.
To opposite happens when the altcoin crashes down and everybody is losing money. In the hat case the altcoin is dead and always has been dead or it's a scam, pump and dump etc. (a good example is siacoin).
So in reality nobody truly cares about altcoins most of them just want to make more BTC or $. And if they say it's not true they're most likely lying.

Do you really think no one cares about Ethereum?  Or Litecoin?  Or Dash and Monero and ZCash?

And if you follow Siacoin development at all you would know the last thing the devs want is a pump and dump coin and they are definitely not scamming.  They actually don't want to market it yet because they want to develop the technology.  There was a lot of complaining when one of the developers said they didn't want Siacoin to pump when a bunch of other coins where getting pumped (and subsequently crashed).   Yes they did become overvalued for the stage of development they were at due and there was a natural price decline.   And no Siacoin is NOT dead and is being actively developed by a great team.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:45:57 PM

Your friends have definitely made the right decision at the right time.

However, this will not always be the case. Alts ar a lot more volatile than bitcoin is which means that there are a lot of opportunities and cases where alts will outpace bitcoin growth, especially after such a bearish season to start the month with.

Right now would be a perfect time to stock up with alts, in my opinion.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:49:54 PM

Holding only Bitcoin is the most easiest way to make profit because of the price jump recently. But it's also stressful, because volatility is biiiiig. Now it's good to hold on, but remember what was just 2-3 months ago Cheesy

It you have time and courage, to read and trade with alts, profits are bigger and the risk is smaller. However, you are right - there are a lot sh*tcoins around.
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:18:30 AM

This time Altcoin price was too low and could hardly lower as GCR for example, so selling at this point is not appropriate. BTC will grow, maybe next time there is a sharp drop is due to the shark's move to sell goods but then will increase again. When stable Altcoin BTC will boom strongly. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

I do not consider it a good idea to drop all my violas now and translate them into bitcoins. Altcoins will still show their potential, and bitcoin will not always grow by 800 percent a year. Of course, in order to have a good profit in violas, you need to understand them well, to know which one is used and for what purpose it was created.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: