Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Power Ball | 200 BTC Jackpot | .006 To Play | 10 Cents |  (Read 2369 times)
IceGuru (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

/

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:38:55 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 12:20:29 AM by IceGuru

Hey there bitcoin.org today I decided to make a fun gambling game.

Only 3 entries per member!

To play first choose 3 numbers each 1-20 and post those along with the address you will be donating from.

Then donate 0.006 BTC for each entry you make.

15MtpxHe6BBXPRaEFZCW971bKcny8BYWvD

Wait till 3 pages.

I will then use random.org to make generate a number myself.

Feel free to ask questions here. Or give input on how you think I could improve the game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:16:23 PM

What's the reason to trust you?

Also, does the person have to pick all 4 numbers correct to win?  If so then the odds are 1/390625 and not 1/100.
IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:10:35 AM

Also, does the person have to pick all 4 numbers correct to win?  If so then the odds are 1/390625 and not 1/100.

You don't know a reason and if you don't trust me i wont be hurt if you don't play.

Opps sorry I'm not too good with math.

I'll lower it down to 1-20 and 3 numbers.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:40:26 AM

You don't know a reason and if you don't trust me i wont be hurt if you don't play.

Opps sorry I'm not too good with math.

I'll lower it down to 1-20 and 3 numbers.

Do you have to pick all three numbers correct to win?  If so then the odds are 1/8000.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:15:26 AM

Couple questions:

So what happens when multiple people pay, the don't know what address it was sent from, and more people are picking numbers than payment received?

Are you just going to go to random.org and get the number yourself? How can the players be sure you aren't just making one up so one of your own tickets win?

So you are ready to give up over 3,000 worth of BTC? I'm kind of skeptical. You could prove you have the money by generating an address that begins with: 1(a number) send it all to it then wait and send it to 1(a letter). That will help eliminate some doubt. Then post blockexplorer address. You could even make it unique like: 199.402843

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:51:01 AM

Couple questions:

So what happens when multiple people pay, the don't know what address it was sent from, and more people are picking numbers than payment received?

Are you just going to go to random.org and get the number yourself? How can the players be sure you aren't just making one up so one of your own tickets win?

So you are ready to give up over 3,000 worth of BTC? I'm kind of skeptical. You could prove you have the money by generating an address that begins with: 1(a number) send it all to it then wait and send it to 1(a letter). That will help eliminate some doubt. Then post blockexplorer address. You could even make it unique like: 199.402843

Not sure what your first question is asking but I think I get part of it, people have to post their adress with their guess in their post.

I had no intentions of playing the game myself. But if questions are going to be raised I guess I can film it. Though I had planned on doing way more of these once I got them off and that would be tiddus. I still can though....

I will buy the BTC for the winner I currently don't have any. My "profit" will be from the idea that 60 people can't post before 3 pages.

bitlotto

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 01:54:38 PM

Not sure what your first question is asking but I think I get part of it, people have to post their adress with their guess in their post.
I'm saying you'll have no idea if that's actually the person or not. Let's say someone is watching 15MtpxHe6BBXPRaEFZCW971bKcny8BYWvD for payments at blockexplorer. They notice someone bought a ticket. They then go the the forum and say it was theirs. The rightful buyer also claims it's theirs. You have no idea who it actually was. Even with no one watching depending on how many players you won't know if they actually paid or not. You'll only know the total amount of players. Asking them what address they sent from won't work either. They could look it up at blockexplorer or they actually may not know. Sometimes the address it was sent from will be totally unknown to the player.

I had no intentions of playing the game myself. But if questions are going to be raised I guess I can film it. Though I had planned on doing way more of these once I got them off and that would be tiddus. I still can though....
Doesn't really do anything. Just re-do it until you get what you want. You have to get numbers from somewhere beyond your control.

I will buy the BTC for the winner I currently don't have any. My "profit" will be from the idea that 60 people can't post before 3 pages.
Huh So if only a couple people buy a ticket and they beat the odds and win you are prepared to spend over 3,000 USD to pay the winner? I'm VERY skeptical now. Chances are no one will win. You may get a some BTC before you have to pay anything back. If that day comes where you do have to pay though, how can people know you won't find it easier to just to disappear rather than spend thousands!!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:41:50 PM

That's why they post their address and guess before they send their BTC.

Chances are 1/8000

and lets say 30 people post it's still a low chance I have to pay.

And again you don't know if I'll disappear so I guess if you don't try me don't play.

shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

alright. So the prize is 200 btc?
Ok, ill buy every possible combination for 48 btc. And because I have to win, Ill take my 152 btc now

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 01:10:58 AM

Ok, ill buy every possible combination for 48 btc. And because I have to win, Ill take my 152 btc now
Grin I was thinking that too. LOL. I image you'll have to pay first! Then you'll win...or lose...

TOR2WEB
IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:44:43 AM

That's nice read the thread again bro.

IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:45:37 AM

Grin I was thinking that too. LOL. I image you'll have to pay first! Then you'll win...or lose...

I thought of that already. That's why you're limited to 3 entries.

shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:45:50 AM

Im willing to bet that despite having a ticket for every combination, I would still lose somehow from this guy.
19 post where about 12 are related to this thread. Hes asking for an ammount that even with 100 people is just about half a bitcoin. And most importantly, the fact that he droped the odds so much by removing a number. Why would you do that? Does your buisness plan have two tiers, one for 4 and one for 3 numbers?
My official ruling. Scam

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:39:03 AM

Could also be someone who doesn't understand the logistics of what he's suggesting very well.

You understand that even while limiting it to 3 entries per member, here's what's happening: Over time, if this game was a "success" and it got plenty of entries, you would pay out ~200 bitcoin for every ~48 bitcoin you got. That's a massive loss for you.

IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:49:07 AM

Could also be someone who doesn't understand the logistics of what he's suggesting very well.

You understand that even while limiting it to 3 entries per member, here's what's happening: Over time, if this game was a "success" and it got plenty of entries, you would pay out ~200 bitcoin for every ~48 bitcoin you got. That's a massive loss for you.

Only 3 pages of people can join.

IceGuru (OP)

/

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:50:26 AM

Im willing to bet that despite having a ticket for every combination, I would still lose somehow from this guy.
19 post where about 12 are related to this thread. Hes asking for an ammount that even with 100 people is just about half a bitcoin. And most importantly, the fact that he droped the odds so much by removing a number. Why would you do that? Does your buisness plan have two tiers, one for 4 and one for 3 numbers?
My official ruling. Scam

You're certainly entitled to that viewpoint. Like I said if you think I'm a scammer don't play.

If you guy would feel better with me dropping the jackpot that be fine.

Name a reasonable jackpot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: