Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:21:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor wallet should I move to coinbase wallet?  (Read 235 times)
addictivemate (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:55:34 PM

Before the upcoming B2X fork, should I move my coins to Coinbase wallet? Or I can easily get my B2CX if I keep them in Trezor?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:58:34 PM

Has Coinbase announced they'll support the segwit2x fork?

I haven't heard any news from Trezor, but I trust Trezor more than Coinbase. Has Trezor said they won't support it?

rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:03:50 PM

I will probably keep bitcoins in hardware wallet. Although I have a bit issue with trezor in the bch split. They are very slow in releasing a coin split tool then. You may choose to leave a portion of the coin in the exchange in case that deposit are delayed and you need to trade straight away.  I will be very careful with the exchange's policy, e.g. coinbase is pro 2X and may name B2X as BTC after fork. Find one that align with your preference.
addictivemate (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

Yes coinbase officially supports it :https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892985-segwit-2x-faq
However, Trezor doesnt really support it, yet. What do you think?

Has Coinbase announced they'll support the segwit2x fork?

I haven't heard any news from Trezor, but I trust Trezor more than Coinbase. Has Trezor said they won't support it?

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:23:38 PM

Well I can say you need to move it to an exchange that announces it's going to support it BUT
Is it actually worth it any more ?

If you took a look at Bitcoin Gold's price right now, it's about $125. Which means that if you had $1000 in bitcoins you'd get only $17 in Bitcoin Gold !  That's all before even the main network is gone live. The price will totally crash more once it goes live as everyone will start dumping their coins.

Note that Bitcoin Gold had some excitement about at as it's in Equihash and is mineable using Gpu cards so you can say it has some sort of community that supports it.

But what about B2X that's supposed to be coming in about 10 days, has absolutely no sort of attention/community and fails to declare itself properly to the public.

It's seriously not worth the hassle or even thinking or bothering yourself about it.
BitcoinIsAlgebraic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:24:23 PM

As long as you have your private keys then you will be fine I don't own a trezor but im sure they have the capability of backing up your private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: