Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released!  (Read 108070 times)
DRKMSTR

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:26:16 PM

Says me - The coin cannot sustain consistency, the blocktime stays around 2-30 minutes for hours at a time, then when the difficulty adjusts, it's 1 second block times (when a multipool hits it) and it's back to 2-30 minutes for the next few hours. It's useless to mine since all the coins get mined by a multipool and you get kicked out (orphan) when it hits. They take all 180 blocks and the difficulty adjusts.

I've tried mining for 4 days now, no change. They need KGW or DigiShield ASAP!

The MAD DOGE: http://maddoge.com/
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 02:29:12 PM by pazor_true

i am mining on a pool since last December

with no problems
my coins come day by day

the difficulty is very CPU friendly

trading on cryptsy is possible

why should the coin be dead ?

btw
i expect in a short time a price rise in emerald
 Grin

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
lesni4ok

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:14:11 PM

Hi guys. Last developer go away more than year ago.
I do some hard work and now can compile new windows wallet with
two main fixes for our security: new fixed ssl and add last checkpoints.
For first time I dont change anything else.
Checkpoints I take from wallet with more than 1000 transaction during long time,
so have good chance to be all ok. You can check my wallet history.
You can check my fixes https://github.com/lesni4ok/emerald
Old database, configs - all fully compatible with version 0.6.3.
UPnP work, but no IPv6, sorry(
I test new wallet: sync ok, coin generation ok,
but I need help with debug and test new wallet.
Download wallet link, windows version. Tested on winxp and win7.
Working with my system, but maybe requre some another libs for you systems. Just try.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22_jNX9iZCsTFFnN3VneDQzaDg/edit?usp=sharing

So just try new version and we can do next steps!

Maybe somebody need console version?
My emerald wallet - EqA8e2Dm88tdrQQ6A2Mzv2yDR4h8cAyr8f
Sorry for english - not native language.
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:13:08 PM

Thanks Lesni, I've added it to the website:
http://emeraldcoin.info/emd-pools/

Personally I'm thinking we should hand over the development of EMD to the Diamondcoin team so that it can be merge mined, what's everyone's opinion on this.. ?
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 09:26:58 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 08:12:59 PM by GWCalvert

Personally I'm thinking we should hand over the development of EMD to the Diamondcoin team so that it can be merge mined, what's everyone's opinion on this.. ?

I think the merged mining with DMD would only be a short-term solution to a much bigger issue. There would be a rise in price at the beginning, but for long-term growth and success a coin needs services and/or items that can be bought and sold. Without "real-world" uses for a currency, it will always be limited in it's potential.

I think what you have been doing to try and revitalize interest in Emerald is great. I have watched this currency for a few months, but have not mined any until today. It seems to be terribly undervalued, at the moment, and in need of a shot in the arm to get it going again. I am not sure that tying it in with another currency would be the best solution.

The biggest issue, facing Emerald, is the low net hash rate which allows the multipools to manipulate mining. Even with a different difficulty adjustment schedule, this would still be an issue. If more miners are not attracted to the "regular" pools, then multipools will keep mining, then dumping and driving the price down until it is no longer profitable to mine for them. At that point, you have driven away most of your community that was behind it.

Changing algos could help, but there are numerous X11, X13, Groestl, etc coins already on the market and I do not believe that it would make much of a difference in people adopting the currency. The number of good scrypt POW coins is small (and getting smaller as more go to PoS or another algo). I know GPU miners hate the Asics coming in and disrupting their easy mining, but it is really no different than the multipools that are already raping the currency. An asics' user will stay on a pool 24/7 mining a profitable coin (or one they believe has potential) and keep the difficulty fairly even instead creating wild swings like the multipools do.

I believe the best option would be a fork to implement the latest BitCoin core and add a difficulty adjustment schedule to even the peaks and valleys out somewhat. The new BitCoin core has numerous advantages over the LiteCoin core on which Emerald is based. I know a couple of people who might be willing to help in this capacity.

I am willing to help, where I can, to resurrect Emerald. Just send me a PM and we can see what can be done.

@Lesnik - The wallet works great on Win 8.1. Synced right up with no problems. Thanks.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:42:08 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 04:27:35 PM by BitcoinNational

AGREE

Plus Side ::

1. DMD has a great network (security with lots o hashes)
2. DEVs (plural)
3. good web sites
4. diamonds and emeralds match nicely together.

Huh side ::

1. DMD devs can you demo a working (staking) dmd wallet?
2. @Lesnik has earned some stripes, suggest that he gets the lead role for EMD if we join your team. m0gliE gets a chair too.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
lesni4ok

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

I think nobody cant\want do that merge mining. This is only talks, but for last monthes do nothing, speek nothing. We, small investors, must take power by own hands, without hope to anybody. Our luck in our hands.
Need some protect against multipool, last diff adjustments take few days.

PS. Not Lesni but Lesnik
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

I think nobody cant\want do that merge mining. This is only talks, but for last monthes do nothing, speek nothing. We, small investors, must take power by own hands, without hope to anybody. Our luck in our hands.
Need some protect against multipool, last diff adjustments take few days.

PS. Not Lesni but Lesnik

I agree. If we want to see Emerald grow and prosper, it is up to us. There is great potential in this coin if there are a few tweaks and developments implemented.

BTW... Lesnik's new window's wallet works great. If you haven't downloaded it, yet; I would highly recommend it. It is a great improvement over the old (v1.3) one.

First, there needs to be a new thread started to show the re-emergence of Emerald. A new thread will allow for all updates to be posted on the main page instead of being hidden somewhere on one of the later pages. People like updates but they don't like to have to dig and search through the entire thread to find them.

Next, we should really get a better theme for the website. I can knock one out in a day or two if anyone is interested in having a better web presence.

Next there should probably be a new logo created. The image of the gem is fine, but we need to show that the coin is moving on from the old developer and is offering something new.

The Emerald core needs to be forked to implement a better difficulty adjustment to even out the peaks and valleys. DGW, digishield, etc would be better, but there is probably a better solution in some type of custom diff schedule that better fits the fast block times of Emerald. (update every 5 blocks based on 40 block average with a max change of x% (up and down) would probably work well) If I'm way off on that, someone tell me. Wink

Someone should also create a Emerald Twitter account, an Emerald sub-reddit and a Emerald Facebook page to provide regular updates as to the progress that is being made on the revitalization of Emerald. These social media accounts will also expose new people to the currency and bring former miners/buyers back to the project.

A video showing the vision of Emerald (when a clear path is established) could be a nice addition to promote the coin, as well.

Everyone should be looking for ways in which people can use Emerald. Whether that be gambling sites, merchants, etc. Members could also create Emerald themed items such as: clothing, calendars, mugs, novelty items, etc that could be traded for Emeralds.

Developing apps and/or plugins that create new uses for Emerald would generate interest, especially if they are new and/or unique.

It really should not be that hard to create renewed interest in Emerald. Any volunteers to start the new thread?

pazor_true
Legendary

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:32:46 PM

... and if emerald is joined to the diamond group, who can guarantee that this coin will not disappear ?

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 06:22:20 PM

... and if emerald is joined to the diamond group, who can guarantee that this coin will not disappear ?

The DMD dev pretty much said (in his post a few pages back) that they just wanted to use this coin to help prop up their own coin. Emerald is a good coin on its own with a few tweaks, developments and some promotion, there is no need to tie it to another currency right now.

I am working on a few things for Emerald that I think will help. As Lesnik said, there has been a lot of talk in this thread the past few months and not any action. I realize that some people have lives and jobs/businesses/families outside of the crypto world that take time away from projects. I have a family and own a web development business, but I still find time to try and help the coins that I believe in. Hint... there aren't too many out there that I believe in.

I've watched Emerald for a long time and finally decided to get involved as I was seeing it slowly fading away. It has good specs and there is nothing wrong with it being a Scrypt coin. Sure the Asics are getting faster and faster, but they are also getting much cheaper. You can grab a Gridseed Blade (~5.2 Mh/s) for less than 290x GPU (~1.2 Mh/s?) on eBay, right now... and the price is still going down! And don't think for an instant that there aren't asics being developed for the newer popular algos out there.

Someone a few months back on this thread said the code for Emerald is all screwed up. I've looked over the code and compared it to some other well-established and stable Scrypt coins and the code actually seems to be pretty solid. The main change that needs to occur is the implementation of a new difficulty adjustment. I'm not sure that is something that I would be willing to tackle, as I have never actually changed the code in a coin. Lesnik seems pretty knowledgeable (and I hate to put him on the spot) but maybe he could make that fix. If not, I know a couple of people who might be willing to do it. I've spoken to them in general terms about the possibility of helping out a scrypt coin with a bad difficulty adjustment and they said it should be a fairly easy fix.

That being said, I will watch for other's opinions on here and then we can (hopefully) quickly move forward in getting Emerald back on track.

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:44:03 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 12:30:13 PM by GWCalvert

I have been doing some experimenting with hash rates on the pools the past few days to see what levels need to be maintained to keep the block chain moving fairly steady and keep the difficulty levels from dropping too far. It seems if the network hash rate remain steady around 50Mh/s or more, that the difficulty level remains high enough to keep the multipools away. Overnight, the hash rate remained between 50 - 60 Mh/s and the biggest multipools (who at times have thrown the network hash rate up over 1.2 Gh/s) have stayed away.

It looks like that the optimum hash rate, for now, would need to average between 75 - 100 Mh/s to keep the cherry pickers away. I know, at the current prices, there are more profitable coins out there to mine, but it would stabilize the blockchain if we could get the net hash rate up to that point. Unfortunately, my rent-a-miner has switched to my back-up pool (a different coin) for some reason or the net hash rate would probably be in the 75Mh/s range right now (It's hovering around 60 Mh/s at the moment).

If Emerald starts increasing in value again, the levels that make it profitable for multipools will go higher, so the net hash will need to rise, as well. But, that should happen, naturally, if we start promoting the coin and developing services for it. As renewed interest grows, the hash rate will climb with the price and keep the multipool attacks at a minimum.

On another note... The price is extremely low on Cryptsy and I picked up quite a few overnight. Whoever had the 11K+ block for sale: Thanks!

We should probably look at getting Emerald added to a couple more exchanges once things start to pick up. That would give people, who do not like Cryptsy for whatever reason, more options to trade. It would also help create more exposure amongst miners and investors for the currency.

Back with more later.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:55:20 PM

so there is no community decision pro or contro our merge mining offer

no problem we dont wana force u into anything

we can see that there people who like the state EMD is now because they know how to get best profit of this jumping diff scenario

this people have no interest into a merged mining solution

EMD was a logical partner coin by name but beside that we have no special interest in prefer this coin above others

basical the same offer we made EMD we made to other coins but there with the small difference that we expect community to gather some coins for our effort

(free things have no value)

to keep it fair this will be the new condition for our offer regarding EMD too

community have to gather some EMD if they want us make a new EMD wallet

key specs of wallet:

mergemineable with DMD
automated checkpoint (forkprevention)
POS setting for hybrid security (can be low POS if u prefer EMD to be longtern POW)
algo would be changed to groestl

state of the art features like coin control heartbeat fix timewarp fix dedect and exclude old wallets and so on

what we not provide is website block explorer marketing and so on thats clear task of EMD community

i check this thread only rare so if any news form your side contact me via PM

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
pazor_true
Legendary

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:29:39 PM

merge EMD

m0gliE

Activity: 129
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:43:39 PM

I think the merged mining with DMD would only be a short-term solution to a much bigger issue. There would be a rise in price at the beginning, but for long-term growth and success a coin needs services and/or items that can be bought and sold. Without "real-world" uses for a currency, it will always be limited in it's potential.

I think what you have been doing to try and revitalize interest in Emerald is great. I have watched this currency for a few months, but have not mined any until today. It seems to be terribly undervalued, at the moment, and in need of a shot in the arm to get it going again. I am not sure that tying it in with another currency would be the best solution.

The biggest issue, facing Emerald, is the low net hash rate which allows the multipools to manipulate mining. Even with a different difficulty adjustment schedule, this would still be an issue. If more miners are not attracted to the "regular" pools, then multipools will keep mining, then dumping and driving the price down until it is no longer profitable to mine for them. At that point, you have driven away most of your community that was behind it.

Changing algos could help, but there are numerous X11, X13, Groestl, etc coins already on the market and I do not believe that it would make much of a difference in people adopting the currency. The number of good scrypt POW coins is small (and getting smaller as more go to PoS or another algo). I know GPU miners hate the Asics coming in and disrupting their easy mining, but it is really no different than the multipools that are already raping the currency. An asics' user will stay on a pool 24/7 mining a profitable coin (or one they believe has potential) and keep the difficulty fairly even instead creating wild swings like the multipools do.

I believe the best option would be a fork to implement the latest BitCoin core and add a difficulty adjustment schedule to even the peaks and valleys out somewhat. The new BitCoin core has numerous advantages over the LiteCoin core on which Emerald is based. I know a couple of people who might be willing to help in this capacity.

I am willing to help, where I can, to resurrect Emerald. Just send me a PM and we can see what can be done.

@Lesnik - The wallet works great on Win 8.1. Synced right up with no problems. Thanks.

I have to agree here, it wouldn't be hard to implement some changes to Emerald to keep things up to date. Nothing drastic needs to be done, some checkpoint updates, including KGW, modified re-targeting, etc... At no point soon do I see the need to merge this coin with another or change the algorithm.
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:04:32 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 02:15:16 PM by GWCalvert

There are a few things I am working on, at present, that I believe will help revive the coin. I've been talking with a couple of pool operators about setting up another pool (based in the US). I have a great internet connection, but I seem to have problems with orphans connecting to EU pools on EMD. We also need a new block explorer, as the one at Dutch Pool is down (as well as his EMD NOMP pool).

I've also talked with a couple of people who can fix the difficulty adjustment. I believe I could do it myself, but I would rather have a more experienced hand when it comes to the core code and a fork. I still think that any new fork should be based on the new BTC core as there is so many more features in there as compared to the LTC core.

Everyone that I have spoken with thinks that the first step should be to create a new thread, so that all of the current pools and downloads are on page one. One of the pool operators said he would not set up a pool unless we did that. This should also create some new support as the price is low and mining is easy, right now, and everything will be on the front page that people need to get started.

It also can serve as a launch post for any new features and projects that the community comes up with to support the coin. I already have one app ready and tested but need to get my graphics guy to create a banner for it before I announce what it is...  Grin

If no one has any objections, I will start a new thread in a couple of days... to give any naysayers time to object.  Wink

I have my graphics guy working on some other things that I will post here when they are done... new logo, merchant buttons, donation buttons, etc.

PM me with any questions/suggestions.

EDIT: Looks like we will be forced to start a new thread as bitcointalk has chosen to ban pool operators from posting in a coins main thread. All pools must be listed in the OP only. If there are no objections, I will start a new thread this weekend and post a link to it at the end of this thread.

BigMcRat

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:19:38 AM

I downloaded wallet now, but not syncing.

emerald.conf

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=xxxxx
rpcpassword=xxxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12128

emeraldd getinfo:

{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1406804791,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Can anyone help ?

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 01:52:41 PM

Can anyone help ?

This is the latest version of the wallet - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22_jNX9iZCsTFFnN3VneDQzaDg/edit?pli=1 -

It has new checkpoints, and syncs well. Delete everything from the appdata/roaming/Emerald folder except the wallet.dat file before you start up. Give it a couple of minutes and it should start to sync. The block chain is large (the coin is over a year old with 20 second blocks), so it will take some time to download the complete block chain.

If that doesn't work, I'll check my emerald wallet for some working nodes you can add. Its on another PC at my office and I'm still at home, right now.

BigMcRat

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:29:48 PM

Can anyone help ?

This is the latest version of the wallet - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22_jNX9iZCsTFFnN3VneDQzaDg/edit?pli=1 -

It has new checkpoints, and syncs well. Delete everything from the appdata/roaming/Emerald folder except the wallet.dat file before you start up. Give it a couple of minutes and it should start to sync. The block chain is large (the coin is over a year old with 20 second blocks), so it will take some time to download the complete block chain.

If that doesn't work, I'll check my emerald wallet for some working nodes you can add. Its on another PC at my office and I'm still at home, right now.

Thanks, but I need the sorce, because I work on Linux, but if you have some working nodes that can maybe help...
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, but I need the sorce, because I work on Linux, but if you have some working nodes that can maybe help...

Here is the latest source - https://github.com/lesni4ok/emerald - This is what the windows wallet was built from.

I'll be heading to my office, shortly, and fire up the wallet and see what nodes are active for you.

m0gliE

Activity: 129
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:42:45 PM

Can anyone help ?

Emerald Nodes:

addnode=54.72.24.140
addnode=72.198.97.93
addnode=212.83.191.197
addnode=24.234.231.33
addnode=54.201.183.106
addnode=46.105.96.190
addnode=144.76.91.109
addnode=62.75.136.149
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: