Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN SERVER IS TURNED OFF  (Read 843 times)
krulviper (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:50:25 AM

My friend said he never hold bitcoin too long, because he is worried if Satoshi nakamoto turn off bitcoin server.
What do you think about it?

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Medium|LinkedIn|Telegram|Reddit|CoinMarketCap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:53:21 AM

I think that you and your friend need to take a look at yourselves, or (most likely) need to read about bitcoin, because you don't understand sh*t about it.

Satoshi created bitcoin, but he doesn't 'control' 'servers' or something.
The miners maintain the network and the transactions. If they turn off their machines all at once, then the network can have a problem, but only when a enormous part does it.
krulviper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:59:49 AM

I think that you and your friend need to take a look at yourselves, or (most likely) need to read about bitcoin, because you don't understand sh*t about it.

Satoshi created bitcoin, but he doesn't 'control' 'servers' or something.
The miners maintain the network and the transactions. If they turn off their machines all at once, then the network can have a problem, but only when a enormous part does it.

I think the possibility to happen is very small, because it will only harm them. bitcoin has a very high potential, and the price will continue to increase from year to year.

mangenta

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:03:29 AM

My friend said he never hold bitcoin too long, because he is worried if Satoshi nakamoto turn off bitcoin server.

That is  impossible , in that case bitcoin is not decentralised
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:29:39 AM

Main Server is not availabe only in one location or person for bitcoin is decentralised and miners around the globe is scattered to confirm ech and every transaction please read the whitepaper of bitcoin for it will make you understand more what this new technology is all about. Unlike banks that have main servers bitcoin gave the power to the people to control the system in this way no one person can turn off bitcoin in a swish.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Givebirth

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:33:28 AM

Where did your friend get this information? Satoshi created bitcoin but he is not the one who holds the server. I don't know what server you are talking about. the blockchain holds transactions of every coin in the web. Not satoshi it self. So basically speaking you and your friend are wrong about this.
krulviper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:37:48 AM

ok thank you so much, sorry i'm newbie, i still have not figured out about bitcoin. now i will not hesitate anymore to hold bitcoin. Grin

Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:40:31 AM

It's decentralized, there's no one central server. There's also 12,456 nodes all across the world helping secure and confirm transactions on the Bitcoin network.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:43:45 AM

Theoretically, even if one miner keeping mining the network will be technically running but obviously one machine can't match the required hash rate and it will be as good as network down. Being said this l, it's still very unlikely that all the miners will stop mining.
pinoyden

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

lol, no its not true that satoshi nakamoto holds the bitcoin server and there no such thing as bitcoin server because bitcoin is decentralized, it means no one hold or controls it but your friend has got some point because we dont know how long bitcoin can opperate , thats why theres always a risk in bitcoin that it can disappeard one day.  but i guess it wont going to happen early because bitcoin is just starting yet.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:02:29 AM

not possible, because miners bitcoin, then server will never die. but, if nakamoto sells 1 million bitcoin,can price drop until 10 $.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:44:07 AM

there is no server, thus, it cannot be turned off. bitcoin runs off the bitcoin network, which is comprised of the many bitcoin core client (or any other hard wallet) nodes that serve as the backbone of the network. your friend is absolutely clueless and has no place speaking on the subject.

not possible, because miners bitcoin, then server will never die. but, if nakamoto sells 1 million bitcoin,can price drop until 10 $.
you also seem to be clueless on the subject. educate yourself.

Theoretically, even if one miner keeping mining the network will be technically running but obviously one machine can't match the required hash rate and it will be as good as network down. Being said this l, it's still very unlikely that all the miners will stop mining.
in that scenario, that one machine would essentially control the network. and that's not an understatement. if you read up on the 51% attack theory a bit, you'll understand how that works. not going to explain it here. however, i will say that the numerous nodes and other miners constantly running on the network are what contributes to preventing these attacks and maintaining security within the network.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
yishak

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:52:26 AM

Lol , Bitcoin ain't on a server . If that was the case it wouldn't be called decentralized, now would it ? I suggest your friend to read more about blockchain before making such kind of claims.
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:59:18 AM

Oh okay, so your friend is just worried that if the bitcoin server goes offline so as your and your friend's bitcoin yes? Let me tell you this, you need not to worry because bitcoin is not centralized. Satoshi nakamoto does not hold the access to that server. There are a lot of computer who is handling bitcoin. You and your friend may need some re-reading about this because clearly you don't seem to understand quite well how bitcoin works. If bitcoin have a server or should i say something like centralized then might as well stick with the traditional currency as it works.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:16:43 AM

You both need to educate yourselves. Seriously. If you're both holding Bitcoins then you have a responsibility to yourselves to know whatever it is you're spending on. Googling Bitcoin should tell you within a few seconds that Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. Going by the very definition of that, you should have been able to guess that there is no central server.

Look up peer-to-peer systems to know how Bitcoin works. You should also read a lot more materials after that.

Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:22:01 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 05:40:32 AM by Terry05

It seems that you and your friend doesn't know how bitcoin technology works?. First and foremost satoshi is only the creator of bitcoin not the servers .he/she doesn't have control with all servers because there are too many miners around the globe who keeps the bitcoin network continuously working. Maybe the only way to shutdown all  bitcoin network servers or halt the bitcoin network process, if the internet was shutdown and I think  this thing is  impossible to happen.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:26:16 AM

I'd tell him he has no idea what he's talking about, obviously, and he's never even looked at the blockchain and has just thought of Bitcoin as any other application that has existed for computers, believing for it to be something that has a centralized system administration and not a decentralized management system, like what we have right now.

There is no server to turn off, there is no person who can perform such a task. Some people can try to take down the blockchain, but it is nearly impossible for anyone to do so since it almost requires shutting of the internet entirely for a lot of people around the world.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:41:47 AM

bitcoin server has never gonna turn off because no one have control on that server, miner are the responsible to keep network working, so even satoshi nakamoto was gone/died the bitcoin server are in full running and no one can shut it down. try to study a lot more about bitcoin and you will see how bitcoin totally works.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

I'd tell him he has no idea what he's talking about, obviously, and he's never even looked at the blockchain and has just thought of Bitcoin as any other application that has existed for computers, believing for it to be something that has a centralized system administration and not a decentralized management system, like what we have right now.

There is no server to turn off, there is no person who can perform such a task. Some people can try to take down the blockchain, but it is nearly impossible for anyone to do so since it almost requires shutting of the internet entirely for a lot of people around the world.

Well that friend of his better be told that should that even happen hypothetically then Satoshi will need to switch off my little mine in my store rioom and my bitcoin core wallet that i'm running as a full node. He just doesn't understand what he is saying and for such folks it's better to read and learn  a lot from this forum's already rich content than starting a new thread every now and then.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:28:28 AM

There is no such server which satoshi controls and bitcoin functioning does not depend upon a server.Bitcoin is created as a decentralized currency.Bitcoin transactions are carried out and confirmed b a process called mining in which mathematical logarithms are solved to make a transaction to confirm.

There are large number of miners all over the world contributing to the bitcoin network.Its highly impossible for all the miners to shut their mining operations at once.The would not come forward to do as as the loss will be theirs.Even if some miners decide to shut down,then also it would not have an significant effect over the transaction process.

Bitcoin is another form of money and so,once you invest in it,you should know how it works clearly.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █