Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B2X Futures  (Read 1082 times)
Trendkill (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:49:31 AM

With the upcoming fork coming and Bitcoin prices containing to rise, I see a lot of speculation about which coin will end up being the real bitcoin. Originally with the signing of the NYA it seemed as if most of the centralized mining and trading organizations, making up the majority of the hashing/volume production in the Bitcoin market, agreeing for the need to switch to a 2MB block size being the preferred way to move forward with Bitcoin. The fork is scheduled to happen and speculators are buying up bitcoin like crazy getting ready to collect their "free money" from the split... but with B2X futures trading around 5/1 per bitcoin would it not be smart to invest said money into B2X futures and cash in when it becomes the preferred coin?

I realize most will say that it is going to turn into an altcoin, but with the majority of miners power and (correct me if I'm wrong) core bitcoin developers supporting the Segwit2x chain (or being apathetic about it), wouldn't it naturally go in that direction? Who is actually united in support of the (as we now see it) core chain of bitcoin? Also is it possible that the people in favor of B2X are not adding replay protection on purpose in order to take over the market by force? I honestly do not know enough about the underlying blockchain technology to know if that is even possible.

Anyway what I'm saying, is it not smart to hedge your best for the incoming fork and at least diversify and pick up some B2X futures?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:30:25 AM

I agree with the fact that no matter what your stance is, it is probably a smart move to be able to diversify and hedge your bets with some S2X futures since that is going to be the forked version of bitcoin that is coming soon.

The thing is not many people know about the futures. Also, the only markets that lists it is one small exchange as well as HitBTC, another exchange with a shady past. Futures obviously require lots of trust.

If Bitfinex starts to list B2X futures then price could definitely go up.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:11:10 AM

I thought that there will be only btc core futures. Sad
With all the confusion around the upcoming hard fork i would prefer to sell all my bitcoins before the fork instead of sending them to some wallet that supports Segwit2x.This might sound stupid,but i just don`t want
to deal with some new altcoin without market liquidity and without replay protection.

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:31:58 PM

No sane person is dumping Bitcoin for 2x on the 15th.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:38:10 PM

Quite right. I expect the opposite. On 15th when everyone dump 2X and start buying BTC, price will go up even more than now. We might as well hit 10k about that time.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:59:55 PM

http://www.altcointoday.com/chinas-largest-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-publicly-condemns-segwit2x/
surix

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

I believe in BTC, not B2X. BUT, you never know, I would play safe and hold both.

It's in contrary to my strategy in BCH fork, I dumped my BCH at 0.16 simply because I didn't believe in it. If I'm wrong... I will take the loss as consequence, as easy as that.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
xtimus

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

Miners will decide. The most profitable chain will be the winner. Doesn't matter what we want. However, if BTC price goes up and we deal with the slow and high transaction fees, then BTC core has a chance since miners will make more with original chain. If 80% of miners are mining B2X, it is going to be a tough win. BTC transactions will take days and high fees if it doesn't have enough miners. If people can't transfer within a few hours then many will be turned off by it.

Many will probably sell BTC to USD and wait. BTC is due for correction anyways. I'd be surprised if BTC pumps post fork.

51% attack will become a concern.

Litecoin, Ether, BCH may even have a chance to take the throne.
Tadblt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:15:03 PM

We do not need that fork, network is doing fine and smoothly, this corporate are greedy.
Miners will decide which chain is profitable but i have trust in miners that after the hype they will transfer to the original chain.
Bitcoin has a lot of space to occupy and bitcoin will never leave.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:45:59 PM

I realize most will say that it is going to turn into an altcoin, but with the majority of miners power and (correct me if I'm wrong) core bitcoin developers supporting the Segwit2x chain (or being apathetic about it), wouldn't it naturally go in that direction?

You are wrong. Miners are signaling, not mining. We will see what their cards are when the match actually begins. For now, it's all speculation, but with ViaBTC resigning it's down to around 70%. Given that in a real life situation miners should mine for profit and not due some agreement, it will be lower than 70%.

If you are going to bet your money on some shitcoin that has no economic support (because no whales except Roger Ver support it). There will be enough hashrate to support these transactions which will result on a big S2X dump, which will then result in miners finding an incentive to buy BTC and not S2X.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:14:41 PM

No doubt B2X have got the support from many of the core developers and miners of bitcoin but still the majority is still in favor of the original chain. The increase in block size is great but no replay protection is the highlighted defect in b2X.
Indeed to diversify would be the best option, to be on the safe side it is much needed.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:27:55 PM

Yea, everyone will be dumping 2x for BTC. I mean that's the reason why people are buying right now and why we see such strong steady growth. It's a small bubble that most likely will pop right after the fork. There is no doubt in my mind that people will be dumping the new coin for more BTC. Even if there's a new coin offered, the name of Bitcoin itself holds so much weight nowadays, it's quite insane.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

Yea, everyone will be dumping 2x for BTC. I mean that's the reason why people are buying right now and why we see such strong steady growth. It's a small bubble that most likely will pop right after the fork. There is no doubt in my mind that people will be dumping the new coin for more BTC. Even if there's a new coin offered, the name of Bitcoin itself holds so much weight nowadays, it's quite insane.

With in this year bitcoin value grows like a banyan tree in the complete period. I am not sure that this value will be stable for more months or year. We may find the bitcoin price to dump in scratch or bump in the peak value again.
If the value reaches bump continously we will say that bitcoin value will grow in future when sudden dump comes as usual criticizing will come on it. Do not dump any splitted coin or altcoins. That will not give anything to you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:03:46 PM

This can really already be considered as a small bubble on which anytime if theres a new fork approaches the price tends to go up and reaching out new heights.We do already see the progress on previous forks came from BCH next on BTG and now we are reaching on B2x fork which the normal thing to be done on most investor or community is to dump their b2x for the exchange of bitcoin and theres no really doubt on that because peopel would always stick to the original one and dont minding on the new fork coins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:08:19 PM

Yea, everyone will be dumping 2x for BTC.

Without replay protection, dumping B2x for BTC is actually the same as dumping BTC for B2X.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:08:02 PM

Yea, everyone will be dumping 2x for BTC.
Without replay protection, dumping B2x for BTC is actually the same as dumping BTC for B2X.

People dont understand this, a lot of people are thinking about that they are going to receive more than two thousand dollars for free, and it is not, they are not going to receive anything because there is no "replay protection" and it means that you are spending the same, just like you said.
If someone dumps their b2x, they are actually selling their bitcoins, this is why it is so risky because the price could drop by a lot of money.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Trendkill (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:07:43 AM

I'll just leave this here... Interesting read on the topic:

https://medium.com/@bartjellema/why-i-just-bought-90-b2x-bitcoin-segwit2x-futures-f94d0ee13eb9

Key points being:
Another major difference is the lack of strong replay protection. While this sounds desirable, the reason why the SegWit2X team doesn’t want to implement this is clear from what Mike from BitGo had to say about it:

”Replay protection”, as you call it, splits the chain. It simply doesn’t
make sense- you’d suddenly be breaking 10+million SPV clients that
otherwise work just fine. It is a goal of segwit2x to help avoid this.
Today, we’re on course to deploy segwit2x with a vast majority of miners
still signaling for it. On top of that, 99.94% of nodes & SPV clients will
automatically follow that longest chain (segwit2x).

I picked up some B2X futures on the very real possibility of it taking over the chain. This fork is different than Bcash or Bgold.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:58:52 AM

Exactly. Its a small bubble brought up by the segwit2x but once it is implementation, it will burst. It will be heavily dump like Aug 1 again and people will go back to bitcoin or altcoin market. Bitcoin Cash should be a lessons for those who think that holding 2x coin is very profitable similar to bitcoin. People have already trusted and put faith in bitcoin that they would nudge even if there is a new coin born out of bitcoin.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:24:30 AM

I agree with the fact that no matter what your stance is, it is probably a smart move to be able to diversify and hedge your bets with some S2X futures since that is going to be the forked version of bitcoin that is coming soon.

The thing is not many people know about the futures. Also, the only markets that lists it is one small exchange as well as HitBTC, another exchange with a shady past. Futures obviously require lots of trust.

If Bitfinex starts to list B2X futures then price could definitely go up.
The bitfinex already stated if the bitfinex service will full to support the b2x fork. As a lot of the people said about that. Another major exchange site just like hitbtc and coinone already given the same statement with the bitfinex itself. that means a lot of the major exchange site will have supported the b2x coin in the future, This seems to be a big bet for everyone to keep their bitcoin in those exchange sites.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:41:51 AM

Anyway what I'm saying, is it not smart to hedge your best for the incoming fork and at least diversify and pick up some B2X futures?

As a hedge acceptable. Your biggest risk would be no fork taking place, rendering those futures into past tense and therefor a total loss.

The fork still got signalled inside new blocks but is not needed anymore from a technical viewpoint. There is a big blocks chain in existance. Those 2mb don't change much if segwit adoption grows.
However it is to fear that the NYA signees feel themselves bound to the agreement, loyality, 95% consensus. Would calculate the risk of this fork taking place >80% still.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: