Bitcoin Forum
March 26, 2017, 07:38:47 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISTQB Certified Software Tester, at your service!  (Read 1096 times)
CNMOH
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70



View Profile
June 28, 2011, 10:12:50 AM
 #1

I am an ISTQB certified software tester (proof will be provided upon request) willing to take on some work for BTCs.

First of all, I will address the importance of testing. You may be thinking "Hey, I can just test my software on my own, right? I know my code the best."
Now, you are partially correct. Programmers find around 60% of their own errors. However, because of bias, (programmers tend to get attached to their code and their specific way of coding) having to look at the same code all day long, not knowing proper testing procedure, etc, programmers do not find that remaining 40%, and this could be critical. Software bugs can cause millions of dollars in losses. It is much, much cheaper to find bugs during development than it is to find them after launch.
Of course, a dedicated tester won't find 100% of all bugs, either. A basic principle of testing is that you cannot prove that a software is bug free, but you can prove that bugs are no longer being found.

Second, programming languages. If you desire white box testing, then it is preferred if your application is written in C/C++, C# or Java. These are the languages I regularly use, and this makes them easier for me to test. I will, however, still do white box testing of applications written in other languages, as long as you don't expect the same quality of service.

Third, pricing. I offer a few different packages, depending on what quality of testing you're after:

Black Box Package
---------------------
You will get:
* Quick and dirty black box testing (Meaning at the user level)
* A test summary report describing bugs found and possible improvements to the application and code.

Price: 0.5 BTC/h

Gray Box Package
---------------------
* Quick and dirty black box testing (Meaning at the user level)
* Quick and dirty white box testing (Meaning at the code level)
* A test summary report describing bugs found and possible improvements to the application and code.

Price: 0.8 BTC/h

Gold Box Package
---------------------
* High quality black box testing (Meaning at the user level)
* High quality white box testing (Meaning at the code level)
* A full test plan, design specification, test case specification, test procedure, test log and test incident report
* A test summary report describing bugs found and possible improvements to the application and code.

Price: 1.2 BTC/h


I will be happy to create a custom package for you or discuss pricing if desired.

If you are interested in my software testing services, please contact me either by PM or post right here in this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!