Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin will reach the new ATH after this fork?  (Read 212 times)
SerenW (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:58:41 AM

Title says the 90% part of the question, to add into it answer with max 2 suggestions along with the reason of why?

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:05:17 AM

if this fork is anything like the last one (bitcoin cash) then bitcoin price will rise after the fork. people were also speculating price fall, split, death,... about bitcoin before BCH fork too. but we saw a gigantic rise afterwards.

and also we have an additional good news about CME opening up future investments for bitcoin and it seems like the market is taking it seriously. and that is bringing in a lot of fresh money. the other day i read a large number of users have signed up on Coinbase (1 million in a day or something like that). that shows there is a new rally on the way. specially when this fork is out of the way.

i said all that to say when bitcoin rises, we have seen multiple times that altcoins get dumped hard. in which case i wouldn't expect any ATH from any of them.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
SerenW (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

if this fork is anything like the last one (bitcoin cash) then bitcoin price will rise after the fork. people were also speculating price fall, split, death,... about bitcoin before BCH fork too. but we saw a gigantic rise afterwards.

and also we have an additional good news about CME opening up future investments for bitcoin and it seems like the market is taking it seriously. and that is bringing in a lot of fresh money. the other day i read a large number of users have signed up on Coinbase (1 million in a day or something like that). that shows there is a new rally on the way. specially when this fork is out of the way.

i said all that to say when bitcoin rises, we have seen multiple times that altcoins get dumped hard. in which case i wouldn't expect any ATH from any of them.

Logical conclusion, but what if this fork namely B2X becomes the winner, because I read the words of verified twitter profiler, that the btc hashrate could drop 85%.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:25:47 AM

Logical conclusion, but what if this fork namely B2X becomes the winner, because I read the words of verified twitter profiler, that the btc hashrate could drop 85%.

It won't drop by 85%. It will drop a bit for a short time if B2X will be significantly more profitable to mine but that won't last long, not even with very deep pockets bleeding money into B2X.

Same thing happened with BCH: https://fork.lol/pow/hashrate (not sure how reliably this is).

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: