Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoiding moist in your mining farms  (Read 794 times)
AniceInovation (OP)
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:59:11 AM

Greetings all

Winter is coming, and with it rain and bad weather. And moist/fog air.
Had these problems in the past, and having them now. Miners get air from the outside, but air is loaded with moist and it gets the miners wet, and that corrodes/destroy them with time.

How do you guys avoid it? Is there a filter for that, or is my only solution to use dehumidifiers?

Thanks for the ideas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dibblah

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:40:39 PM

You don't need that much cold air in the winter. Recirculate most, vent some. Stay above dew point for your humidity and you'll be fine.

Once you heat the air, it's capacity to hold water rises - so you don't get condensation. It's a bit trickier to actually calculate due to the high static pressure inside the miner body, but just keep away from the high differentials and you'll be fine.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:52:38 PM

See how much humidity is actually in your mining space and then if it is too high get a dehumidifier. They're not incredibly expensive for protecting miners but they're generally not really needed unless you live in a jungle. Just keep airflow moving and make sure there is no condensation- this absolutely kills miners and computers alike.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

My miners are located in a pretty big building, and I don't reallu need any air from outside of the building for cooling of miners. In the winter I will even need some heater to make temperture comfortable for people in here, but now my miners heat air for temperature of 24 Celsium degree
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:14:13 PM

You can use an energy recovery ventilator to prevent moisture to enter:

https://www.energyvanguard.com/blog/76792/An-Energy-Recovery-Ventilator-Is-NOT-a-Dehumidifier

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
AniceInovation (OP)
Donator

Interesting.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:23:34 AM

I considered a solution kinda like that erre. Using a water chiller, get a cold radiator in the input to cool the air and grab some of that water before entering them.
I realize now that the best to do is to regulate the air input to keep tha air at the same temperature like Dibblah is saying.

Thanks for the suggestions.
nicendrine

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:42:41 AM

Humidity plays a crucial part in the room where you have your mining rigs running. Make sure that the humidity is in proper level.

Too cold or too hot in the room will pose a problem.
T-Gee05

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:25:37 AM

get a dehumidifier.. and a bunch of dessicants (silica gels) and place them near your miners.

If your miners are running, it will hardly get any moisture because of the heat it produce
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:21:51 PM

I'd recommend setting the miners so they exhaust outside, like a whole-house fan. They will pull in cool air from the rest of the house, heat it, then expel it. Should fix problem.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:07:44 PM

Greetings all

Winter is coming, and with it rain and bad weather. And moist/fog air.
Had these problems in the past, and having them now. Miners get air from the outside, but air is loaded with moist and it gets the miners wet, and that corrodes/destroy them with time.

How do you guys avoid it? Is there a filter for that, or is my only solution to use dehumidifiers?

Thanks for the ideas.

Given how much heat my miners generate, I have LOW HUMIDITY level issues in the winter, not high.

You don't get condensation in an operating miner - condensation happens when air that is moist hits something that is COLDER than the air - exact OPPOSITE of what happens with a miner which is trying to DUMP HEAT into the air in large quantities.

If your miners are getting wet, you need to do something to keep the rain from entering the room - louvers or some such item in the window(s).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
AniceInovation (OP)
Donator

Interesting.

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:41:53 AM

So after some dilligence ( i dont have the miners close to me) the reason for the moisture was the PSU was shutting down, after some hours the miners were getting cooler and getting moist.
Fixed the PSUs and all is fine now.

Still learned a bit from you guys Cheesy
eribery

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:15:50 AM

You can use an energy recovery ventilator to prevent moisture to enter:

https://www.energyvanguard.com/blog/76792/An-Energy-Recovery-Ventilator-Is-NOT-a-Dehumidifier
do u use it ? if room square is around 130m2, will fit ?
AniceInovation (OP)
Donator

Interesting.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:53:00 AM

Been searching for some time for a Fan Speed Temperature Controller, something that regulates a fan faster or slower accordingly to the temperature in the room, with something like a speed ramp.
There are many solutions for 12V fans, but i am looking to control 220v ones.

Found a few with 2 speeds, either slow and fast, or stopped and full speed.
Found another one wich did what i was looking for, but costs over 100 pounds.

You guys happen to know where to buy something like this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: