Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:00:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GDAX versus Bitfinex versus Kraken versus other exchanges  (Read 572 times)
sangwookie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:27:23 PM

I have been trying to find patterns of if the prices are going to go up or down based on the different exchange prices but it is all over the place. Has anyone tried to predict the market this way? The coin just went to 7773 on GDAX but Kraken is at 7544.90. Bitfinex is 7560.

Am I trying to beat bots that are constantly autotrading?

The way the charts are moving, it looks like it is going to go past $8,000 today.

I am sticking with GDAX mainly because I feel safe on this exchange but I wonder if anyone else has used another exchange or moved coins from one exchange to another. I am also thinking about using a bot but I think the market is too unpredictable.

Any tips or thoughts would be helpful.

SW

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

There is a thread somewhere in this website which discusses how the Gunbot's algorithm and calculation works. Please feel free to read it because it had helped me a lot on understanding how to guess a buy-time and a sell-time based on the EMAs and other charts.
sangwookie (OP)

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:59:37 PM

I saw that one but Gunbot feels like a scam. Am I wrong on this?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:22:53 PM

I have been trying to find patterns of if the prices are going to go up or down based on the different exchange prices but it is all over the place. Has anyone tried to predict the market this way?
you can never predict any market by looking at the price or charts. not just bitcoin. and there aren't exactly any patters. there are some pattern-adjacent that people use for technical analysis but whenever human behavior is involved things are unpredictable.

The coin just went to 7773 on GDAX but Kraken is at 7544.90. Bitfinex is 7560.
it is because GDAX is based in US and recently the news about CME is booming over there. a large increase in demand on that particular exchange causes a sharper rise.

Buying the dip...
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:26:01 PM

whenever human behavior is involved things are unpredictable.

What he said! Cheesy
sajjadkhan

Activity: 72

Crypto Evangelist

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

My favorite is GDAX due to the ability to avoid fees and it is US based which makes it way more legit due to the regulatory requirements.

Living the dream
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:04:20 PM

I am sticking with GDAX mainly because I feel safe on this exchange but I wonder if anyone else has used another exchange or moved coins from one exchange to another.
Arbitrage trading and choosing exchanges based on price at this point is probably not a good idea.

Bitcoin exchanges are notoriously unreliable and there's a lot to back this up.  Bitfinex has been hacked before, Kraken has had complaints about an extremely slow and glitchy API with regular problems at peak times, and a variety of other exchanges have had problems or even vanished (Cryptsy).

There's also the fact that there may be exchange fees, transaction fees and volatility which would affect the funds.  Including in the fiat system.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:20:44 PM

Its very possible that price are driven by bots, so that hedge opportunity can be taken very quickly which eventually leads to price follow roughly the same across exchanges.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: