Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 22 BTC, should I spend it on LTC or FTC?  (Read 1184 times)
maursader (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:52:24 AM

In light of recent developments with feathercoin (FTC) it seems like they have made strides in security which in my opinion, would have better protection at getting 51'd now than before; protection which may or may not have been done for LTC yet.

When buying one or the other, I'm always concerned about which one has greater potential. I'm a pretty risky fella, but I wanted to take your ideas into consideration just to see where the community is at.

So the big question is:

I have 22 BTC: Do I buy Litecoins or Feathercoins with it?

Please discuss.
PeterB

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 12:53:46 AM

Personally I would stick with bitcoins or invest in a bitcoin business.

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:01:33 AM

I would like to stay with bitcoin as I trade with it, but currently I mine Litecoins and the reason why this question came up is because of all the economic advantages I heard about FTC. So as a short term investment, I find that LTC and FTC are both quite attractive you know?

For example, if LTC goes up to $10 each, I would have experienced a profit gain of 500%, and if FTC goes up to say... $1 the gain would be significant. I am just wanting to know out of the two currencies, which would sound better and if possible, why.
Burdy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:11:39 AM

I would like to stay with bitcoin as I trade with it, but currently I mine Litecoins and the reason why this question came up is because of all the economic advantages I heard about FTC. So as a short term investment, I find that LTC and FTC are both quite attractive you know?

For example, if LTC goes up to $10 each, I would have experienced a profit gain of 500%, and if FTC goes up to say... $1 the gain would be significant. I am just wanting to know out of the two currencies, which would sound better and if possible, why.

I would go with FTC. More room for profit margin.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:36:00 AM

Personally I would stick with bitcoins or invest in a bitcoin business.

This is probably safest. Throwing one or two bitcoins onto litecoin speculation might be a fairly safe option. Feathercoin seems as risky as hell though.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:38:55 AM

I would go with FTC. More room for profit margin.

There seems to be reasons it has huge profit margins.  Idk i would stay with BTC maybe try some LTC hoping for the spike one day when mtgox trades it (then again so many talked about this it could be a day where tons sell and not a lot want to buy).

maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:57:28 AM

How long you suppose before FTC will ever become not-so-dirt cheap
Atruk

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:04:16 AM

How long you suppose before FTC will ever become not-so-dirt cheap

Its release was timed rather poorly in relation to other altcoins, so it might stay dirt cheap forever.

maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:08:46 AM

Good point, I noticed their site claims to compliment LTC like LTC compliments btc
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:15:40 AM

Good point, I noticed their site claims to compliment LTC like LTC compliments btc

Of course neither does any such thing.
xuannhan2108

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:17:53 AM

Btc-e.com
maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:19:43 AM

The only thing about FTC that concerns me is that it came out in April of 2013, so it doesn't have the tenure of LTC. However LTC is currently dropping as we speak. Another note about FTC, I heard that its good for day/short term trading. Any opinions on that thought?
jcharles

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:25:01 AM

Personally, I would spend it on BQC because right now its low priced on the market and its accepted in a couple of restaurants on the market.
Isn't LTC already high priced?
maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:36:36 AM

I recall LTC being as high as $5 each during the whole bitcoin craze, and then litecoin bounced between $3 and $4 for the longest time, until now, it's hovering at $2.15 USD

Edit: smartphone autocorrect, corrected.
maursader (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

Seeking more thoughts, please share some wisdom!

Cheers
Atruk

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:31:37 PM

Personally, I would spend it on BQC because right now its low priced on the market and its accepted in a couple of restaurants on the market.
Isn't LTC already high priced?

The entire BQC network has this nasty habit of completely dying for months at a time though...

Dealer

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

I'd say LTC, but it's all up to you, and the risks you're willing to take.
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:53:19 PM

FTC is premined* shitcoin with unstable network performance. LTC is overpriced coin.

I would not invest 22 btc in any of these coins, although I could be wrong.. These coins are very unpredictable.

*FTC = 40% of current supply was mined in 1 day.

FreedomFund

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:18:18 PM

BUY LTC!!!!

Blockchain TV - Telling the stories of global blockchain adoption
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:18:59 PM