Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic The Gathering Online Exchange -- Volume  (Read 1403 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:49:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

What are your thoughts on MTGOX's volume being UNDER 10,000 right now?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:53:04 AM

dat shit cray
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:52:11 AM

The low liquidity on Mt.Gox is causing trades that at one time would cause $2-3 swings to cause $10 slides.  Businesses that accept bitcoin have USD costs so coins have to continue to be sold.  Without an increasing amount of interest to balance the downward pressure I'm afraid we will continue to see more of the same.

For example, KNC recently sold 890+ mining rigs and accepted bitcoin as payment.  That bitcoin had to be converted somewhere in order to manufacture the devices.  It is my assumption that the sale of that bitcoin either added to or was the catalyst of the recent slide.

Without some fairly significant news to spur interest, I think were in for a rocky road in the short term
doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:51:58 AM

i said din another post price was a problem, no one listened of course, btc is sliding and nothings being done from the top
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:54:58 AM

Without some fairly significant news to spur interest, I think were in for a rocky road in the short term

Care to speculate on what might fit the bill?
doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:04:44 AM

bitcoin has no leadership, i love decentralisation, but this whole fledgling cryptoeconomy  needs real leadership, its not coming from the early adopters it seems to me, theyve made their money, the buck has been passed down the line to make this whole thing work and its struggling because no one is able to lead, mt gox's website tells a noob visitor bugger all, if "news" moves markets then exchanges need to provide it, at least 
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

i said din another post price was a problem, no one listened of course, btc is sliding and nothings being done from the top

And why should they ? its not for the core developers to set the price or support it.

Let the market fluctuate, we have far to many people in bitcoin purely for a short ROI which is the real cause of the downward pressure. If you wish to see bitcoin hold value then you need to offer services or products to encourage the use of bitcoin as a currency and not a get rich quick vehicle.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:32:24 AM

And why should they ? its not for the core developers to set the price or support it.

Let the market fluctuate, we have far to many people in bitcoin purely for a short ROI which is the real cause of the downward pressure. If you wish to see bitcoin hold value then you need to offer services or products to encourage the use of bitcoin as a currency and not a get rich quick vehicle.

Exactly right. This is perfectly normal and healthy.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:39:18 PM

Low price is good.

We are all early adopters now.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

There is nothing to do about the price. This is a true free market and the price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. Like nature, free markets don't care how much money your making or loosing.  If the price drops to $20 / BTC it is because that is the "right" price.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:33:45 PM

LOL.  "the top".

Bitcoin has no "the top".

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

Care to speculate on what might fit the bill?

1) Large investors are skid-dish due to the regulatory fog we are currently in.  They need to KNOW that the rug won't be pulled out from under bitcoin.  Basically, bitcoin needs to gain legitimacy and the current 'guidance' hasn't really helped.

2) A fund that lets people make payroll deductions to 'Invest' in bitcoin would do a lot to add stability / upward pressure to the market.  The fund would actually have to purchase the bitcoins and hold them in proxy for this to work.  I know that I would personally divert a portion of my payroll deductions towards this fund even if I wouldn't have access to the coins for a period of time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: