Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Humans achieve Immortality?  (Read 326 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:47:59 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 04:10:11 PM by Ucy

Back then in 2005 I came across a Newspaper article by World's Renowned Futurist Raymond Kurzweil Titled Singularity is Near" .  The article listed the most chilling predictions made by Raymond. The one that got me the most was the prediction about human achieving Immortality by 2050 or something(not very sure) .     Since then I became interested in the science of Immortality until few years ago when a shocking event forced me lose interest in humanity and i became more aligned with Spirituality.

I was going through a website and found an article titled: Scientists Have Mathematical Proof That It's Impossible to Stop Ageing https://sciencealert.com/cancer-versus-aging-cells-eternal-youth-mathematical-impossibility
 I did a Google search to confirm the authenticity of the contents and found similar article on a credible site: Sorry, You Can't Stop Aging – Here's the Math to Prove It https://www.livescience.com/60825-aging-is-inevitable-according-to-math.html
I have my doubts though when it comes to doubting what humans can achieve... I believe nothing is impossible to humans and the word "NEVER"  isn't in the dictionary of those determined to succeed.

My only doubt however is if humanity could survive another 3 decades to be able to find a cure for ageing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:04:33 PM

I think humans will achieve immortality. But not by ourselves alone. I mean we will achieve it by the help of those who are more advance than us. I am talking about those extra terrestrials. IF they decide to help us or to teach us immortality we will achieve it. I think they have achieved it already. Immortality is a mere idea on science fiction movies but it is not impossible to reach it now.

OpDev

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:56:42 PM

Maybe. In the future everything is possible
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:08:44 PM

I doubt it. Honestly I don't think they can

The best is yet to come!
lukey

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:57:11 PM

Interesting....

There's this movie called "Transcendence" Johnny Depp was the main actor. What i took from that movie, only seen it once ( will re-watch it )
He encoded his conscious into a program after he died..  He was in this program with his conscious gathering massive amounts of data from the internet. 

He was Immortal.
It was a crazy movie lol I recommend watching it

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:02:12 PM

Back then in 2005 I came across a Newspaper article by World's Renowned Futurist Raymond Kurzweil Titled Singularity is Near" .  The article listed the most chilling predictions made by Raymond. The one that got me the most was the prediction about human achieving Immortality by 2050 or something(not very sure) .     Since then I became interested in the science of Immortality until few years ago when a shocking event forced me lose interest in humanity and i became more aligned with Spirituality.

I was going through a website and found an article titled: Scientists Have Mathematical Proof That It's Impossible to Stop Ageing https://sciencealert.com/cancer-versus-aging-cells-eternal-youth-mathematical-impossibility
 I did a Google search to confirm the authenticity of the contents and found similar article on a credible site: Sorry, You Can't Stop Aging – Here's the Math to Prove It https://www.livescience.com/60825-aging-is-inevitable-according-to-math.html
I have my doubts though when it comes to doubting what humans can achieve... I believe nothing is impossible to humans and the word "NEVER"  isn't in the dictionary of those determined to succeed.

My only doubt however is if humanity could survive another 3 decades to be able to find a cure for ageing.
Read the article more carefully. The "you can't stop aging" line is meant asymptotically. It doesn't mean that you can't lower the rate at which humans age. So with this paper it's still very well possible to reduce the rate of aging to a point where it's virtually non-existant for humans.

And that's not even taking into account exchanging body parts or even swapping into a digital existence.

So yes, it's very well possible that humans would be capable of extending their lifetime indefinitely.

But, immortality is a whole different story. You can be capable of living forever, but your body could still be destroyed if someone really wanted to do that.
Decimation

Activity: 244
Merit: 43

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:24:37 AM

I don't think we will achieve immortality. I think we will achieve prevention in diseases. I think our life expectancy will increase a lot in the next 100 years, but that will only be because we have found cures to all diseases, cancers, etc.

Only a couple ways we could become immortal. Hopefully STEM cell research can take us there someday. But then again, if everyone is immortal, does that mean we no longer need to eat food? Drink water? Breathe air? If we are immortal and still have to do all of that, then what is stopping the human species in general from becoming so overpopulated that we starve and dehydrate until our species is gone? Can we just wonder off into space without air, water, or food and survive for infinite amounts of years? Can we attach 10 sticks of dynamite to surround our torso and light them and survive?

To me, seems like it will be thousands and thousands of years to even comprehend the possibility of being "immortal".
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:50:08 AM

Not in flesh and bone.

Biology will inevitably cause errors in cell replication, resulting in incurable cancer, and the organism will die. (See Blade Runner)

We would need to find a way of transferring our consciousness to a more durable host.
There is no such thing as "uncurable cancer". There's only "we're not developed enough to cure it yet cancer".
varsadentola

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:00:50 AM

Maybe. In the future everything is possible
in the future we will have portals, travel in space, life on other planets, but I do not think that people will come up with immortality.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:26:13 AM

Not in flesh and bone.
Biology will inevitably cause errors in cell replication, resulting in incurable cancer, and the organism will die. (See Blade Runner)
We would need to find a way of transferring our consciousness to a more durable host.
There is no such thing as "uncurable cancer". There's only "we're not developed enough to cure it yet cancer".

Put another way, "There is no way to cure biological death".
Yet. A lot of funding is going into changing that though.
Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:43:33 AM

I don't think it's possible to achieve immortality, but I'm sure there is a possibility to increase average life expectancy dramatically so it will feels like people live forever  Grin
juliemothess

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:38:19 AM

Who wants it? The rich and powerful so that they can rule over all for eternity. Obviously the top guy, the richest most evil one of them all will be the leader or they will bring out their chosen guy to do the job for them. Some sick thing like that. It's already that way now all they need is to live forever and it's gonna be like hunger games without the games maybe.
joecandersonn

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:38:58 AM

This is achievable, a body that wont age, but that doent mean you are unkillable like deadpool, you are still a bio organism.
JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:08:23 AM

Mathematically proven? This is a very thing word to say!
Singularity via CRISPR is matter of time, is matter of time until we are in place to rewrite our dna and make us biologically immortals and much more. Only outdated people will tell NEVER for something, technology is turning us into gods.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 11:13:08 AM

Actually these are things i see in movies and i have never believed in them

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
bibi86

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:10:54 AM

may be.... Roll Eyes
Dollars4gold

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:42:57 AM

If we do achieve Immortality, I think only the chosen few will be allowed to have that ability.  The masses, you and I, will not be allowed.  The highest level of the elite will have this ability and they will use and discard the non chosen.  Simple fact, happens every day as we speak.
bealjulian

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:47:43 AM

I do not think we will achieve immortality. We will be protected and treated with the most modern techniques in the world
Gavenoang082076

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:00:41 AM

No... death always prevails.... not even God can escaped it
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:13:13 AM

GOD is the one who own the time.